Mr Robot Season 1 Thread

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Yeah but....it can't be further into the future than this episode. Because in this episode Tyrell knows what's going on.

So why would he ask Mr. Robot "I need to know what you're planning"?

Fred.

It can be about anything related to the big ECorp hack in the future, maybe Elliot does something behind Tyrell's back that isn't according to plan and Euro Bateman wants to know what the fukk is going on... but I don't buy it tbh, I don't see the point of doing random scenes with Tyrell out of order (in just 1 episode) when nothing else on the show is.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
It can be about anything related to the big ECorp hack in the future, maybe Elliot does something behind Tyrell's back that isn't according to plan and Euro Bateman wants to know what the fukk is going on... but I don't buy it tbh, I don't see the point of doing random scenes with Tyrell out of order (in just 1 episode) when nothing else on the show is.

Yeah that's what I'm saying. Not saying it's impossible but why it would show a scene from the future, with Mr. Robot, when we now know Elliot is Mr. Robot....it's too much.

Fred.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That scene low key reminded me of when Wolfram & Hart offered Angel and his team jobs.

Needless to say, it did not end well.

Fred.
The AVClub review made that comparison.

He pretty much counted on people catching on Mr. Robot, the Fight Club comparison and the lack of trust as a viewer towards Elliot's POV.
Hence the use of

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Sam Esmail did the exact opposite. The sister reveal was some :ohhh:shyt....but when the Mr. Robot reveal happened the show flat out tells you :youngsabo:"we already knew you knew that."

Best case scenario, you didn't know and were :krs: at the reveal. Worst case scenario, you already knew and the show just told you it knew you knew.

Fred.

That's what made this episode much better than crap like Dexter season 6 (the real worst season of Dexter.)

Everyone watching Dexter figured out the "twist" at the very beginning of the season, but the show writers dragged it out and treated it like a big shocking reveal.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
That's what made this episode much better than crap like Dexter season 6 (the real worst season of Dexter.)

Everyone watching Dexter figured out the "twist" at the very beginning of the season, but the show writers dragged it out and treated it like a big shocking reveal.
I actually remember people on my Facebook being surprised by that twist. :mjlol:

I may have not even caught it if i had not read the boards sadly. Season was cheeks so i was half-assing it

Last edited:

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
6hPhWNm.png

the level to this shyt :banderas:

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
6hPhWNm.png

the level to this shyt :banderas:

Sam Esmail has the right to my first born :feedme:

I actually noticed that as I watched, because when they switched to Rami, they didn't put "Christian Slater" and I just thought, huh... weird.

:whew:

This show is hard to watch because your brain is always analyzing every tiny detail trying to get ahead of the writers, but they're 100 steps ahead.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Where you at now with the screen grabs @Supa ? :sas1:

I told you he wasnt real breh, shyt was obvious to anyone who watched Fight Club or Dexter...They used the same camera fukkery...

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: hex
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
I repeat you only saw that Mr robot wasn't real because you saw fight club/dexter. It's not the biggest reveal nor does it hurts the plot.

The opening scene with the title orgin :banderas:

The acting especially euro Bateman's wife :banderas:

The finale being 75 minutes long :banderas:

The fight club shout out :banderas:

This fukking show bruh :wow: