Mr Robot Season 1 Thread

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
He started with a 20 point lead too. I really thought this dude was gonna be running shyt :skip: now he's gotta process the fact that he had sex with a man for no reason at all :mjlol:
The falloff has been:mjcry:

Whole thing reminds me of Theon stacking L's on top of L's like a godamn jenga game in Clash of Kings.

I really need to continue reading that series too..I've been in the middle of Storm of Swords for months :damn:

resurrection

By Way of Deception, Thou Shalt Do War
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I think Wellick is going to become a boss again.. The fall has been epic but he's far too ruthless and ambitious. He will rise again

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Not gonna lie, the big reveal fell really flat considering it was predicted since episode 1.

But I'm pretty sure the show was never really intent on tricking us into thinking Mr. Robot was real. It was content just to cast doubt. The Darlene reveal was bigger IMO
That's the point, this wasn't the big reveal. The "but you knew this the whole time" tells us that. The big reveal was Darlene. They hit us with the wham last episode and just confirmed what everybody and their momma knew (and what the writers knew everyone would figure out/assume off rip) this episode to move the plot along.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
"AM I CRAZY...I AM CRAZY WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

4ebd34c1cfbd5.gif

CHRISTIAN SLATER GIVING THAT :skip: THE :camby: WHEN DEMANDING HIS MONEY BACK :umad:

CAC SOUNDING LIKE TYGA BEGGING THE REPO MAN NOT TO REPOSSESS THE NEW LAMBO HE GAVE TO KYLIE :mjlol:

PULP FICTION :obama: GOOD CHOICE ELLIOT

CURRENT DAY ELLIOT COMING HOME JUST TO RELAX MAYBE HIT UP SOME GHETTO GAGGERS ON THE WEB ONLY TO FIND HIS DECEASED DAD ALREADY CHILLIN IN HIS APARTMENT
:noah:

BETA AMANDA SEYFREID TAKING MORE L'S THAN TYGA, WALE & MEEK MILL COMBINED
:heh:

"I QUIT MY JOB I THOUGHT I WOULD HELP WORK HERE" :jawalrus:

8TH STREET LATINA LAWYER HITTING HER WITH THE :childplease:
:ufdup:

YOU CAN SAY "COCKSUCKERS" ON THE USA NETWORK, BUT NOT THE WORD "fukk" :mindblown:

BE ON THE PHONE WITH THE INSURANCE COMPANY ABOUT YOUR BURNT DOWN STORE WHILE SPEAKING TO YOUR FRIEND WHO IS AN OPENLY GAY BUSINESSMAN AND CALL THEM COCKSUCKERS ON THE USA NETWORK BREHS :pachaha:

SWEDEBISH BE ON TEAM #HOH :win: TREATING EURO BATEMAN LIKE AN INSTA THOT :heh:

"I NO LONGER WANT YOU" :umad:

"BUT I LOVE YOU" :damn:

GET MARRIED BREHS :scust:

BUT WAIT....THERE'S MORE L'S COMING FOR EURO BATEMAN :ooh:

"WE NO LONGER REQUIRE YOUR SERVICES" :birdman:

"I'M NOT SURE WHAT YOU ARE SAYING SIR" :flabbynsick:

"YES YOU DO" :umad:

BATEMAN CHANNELING HIS INNER MEL GIBSON AND LOSING HIS shyt...A COUPLE MINUTES LATER AND BATEMAN WOULD HAVE BEEN BLAMING THE JEWS :pachaha:

BETA AMANDA SEYFREID COMING HOME TO SEE OLD BALLS COLBY SITTING WITH HER DAD

OLD BALLS: :shaq:

BETA DAD: :scust:

BETA SEYFREID: :sadcam:

OLD BALLS COLBY OUR HERE LIKE THE nWo RECRUITING TALENT FOR THAT HEEL TURN :banderas:

MEANWHILE ELLIOT ACTING LIKE HE JUST SMOKED SOME SHERM NOT HAVING A GOD DAMN CLUE WHAT THE fukk IS GOING ON :wtf:

:shaq2: "fukk IT YOU GUYS WERE RIGHT...I AM MR. ROBOT"

EURO BATEMAN PULLING A :ahh:BY OFFERING TO SIGN WITH HIS ENEMNY AND JOIN DEF SOCIETY TO PUT IN THAT WORK :ohlawd: "CAC REPUBLICANS" :smugbiden:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
zi49lgS.png

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
lol, this show got really bad quick

it's the same plot as Fight Club right?
That's going a little too far, breh:francis:

That said, I was hoping so fukking much that they wouldn't go the Fight Club route and was temporarily relieved when it seemed that his dad was real. Of course by the time they get to the cemetery I knew what the deal was:beli:I said this before, but crazy is a dangerous tool to use. The mind fukk aspect is strong for a while and makes it seem better than it really is. But then you calm down and really question how much of the shyt I watched really meant anything? Then there's the case of rewatching and noticing inconsistencies in the writing. Is Mr Robot his imaginary friend or is he literally Elliot himself? Whichever is the case, does the show stay consistent with that upon rewatching it or is it sometimes the former, sometimes the latter? Are the physical interactions between them real or imagined? But of course any questions about the logic and consistency of the show can just be written off as "he's crazy". It's a crutch that's used to tell a seemingly mind bending, surreal story without having to tie up any loose ends and cover any plot holes. That said the acting is great and the story is still compelling so I'm still excited to see where it ends but just a bit disappointed with how they're getting there:manny:

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
Damn all those 8 episodes were all in Elliott's head :noah:

Wait, is all the shyt from the past 8 episodes not real? Was that shyt with Shayla dying fake? :patrice:

Nah it was all real.

He's Mr. Robot, so every time we saw MR talk, it was actually Elliott.

I can't remember, but I talked about it earlier in the thread.

Even when they were in the same room, one would talk, and the other wouldn't.

Mr. Robot = confident Elliott

Elliott = Schizo, real-life Elliott.

He just didn't know that's what was happening. Everything we've seen actually happened, just not the way Elliott thought it did.

For example, watch this video from Ep. 1: http://webmup.com/c31a5/vid.webm

Elliott thought MR took him there, but he didn't, he went there alone. That's why:

1. The guy doesn't look at MR
2. The guy lets him in without talking to him. Because he already knew him.

"I'm Mr. Robot"

Last edited:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
"I know you don't trust me. I wouldn't either".

Loved that line :wow:

That episode was something else. Wasn't on the level of the last 3 but it was still high quality. :mjlol: at Euro Bateman waiting in the cut to enter Elliot's place and going full :demonic: to get a confession. I would've liked a littler more struggle from Elliot though, after everything that happened that day the weirdo from Evil Corp is gonna crash into your apartment and give you a weird ass ultimatum - confession of a murder included - about a plan you don't really have a clue how it started and you are not gonna at least second guess if what's happening is real? :heh: It's not big issue because at the end of the day it's a TV show and you have to be willing to take some leaps for the story to move forward but it was still funny and a little too much for me. That was one fukked up day for a person to have.

I have no fukking clue what's the point of Beta Amanda Seyfried's story. And we still don't know why dude was spying on her, it can't be just because she was close to Elliot, right? :patrice:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
BTW...

:dead: @ Gideon trying to save his company and going from one ridiculous situation to another.

-The place I sent the drives to got burned down and everything was lost? :dahell:

-Tyrell ordered to remove the honeypot? :what:

-Wait, TYRELL GOT FIRED? :wtf:

-SO YOU ARE TELLING ME I CAN'T TALK TO THE CTO BECAUSE HIS WIFE WAS MURDERED?? :mindblown:
:dead:

I felt his reactions were real as fukk, like he was the audience hearing about what has been going on and realizing how batshyt crazy it is.
That opening title sequence :lawd:

How it got to the "Mr. Robot" opening title was outstanding :wow:

That's the point, this wasn't the big reveal. The "but you knew this the whole time" tells us that. The big reveal was Darlene. They hit us with the wham last episode and just confirmed what everybody and their momma knew (and what the writers knew everyone would figure out/assume off rip) this episode to move the plot along.

Yeah, Sam Esmail was ballsy and had a lot of respect for his potential audience. He pretty much counted on people catching on Mr. Robot, the Fight Club comparison and the lack of trust as a viewer towards Elliot's POV.

Last edited:

Apollo Kid

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Boom Bap Era
BTW...

:dead: @ Gideon trying to save his company and going from one ridiculous situation to another.

-The place I sent the drives to got burned down and everything was lost? :dahell:

-Tyrell ordered to the remove the honeypot? :what:

-Wait, TYRELL GOT FIRED? :wtf:

-SO YOU ARE TELLING ME I CAN'T TALK TO THE CTO BECAUSE HIS WIFE WAS MURDERED?? :mindblown:
:dead:

I felt his reactions were real as fukk, like he was the audience hearing about what has been going on and realizing how batshyt crazy it is.

Gideon is a good man as Elliot stated in the last episode :mjcry:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Nah it was all real.

He's Mr. Robot, so every time we saw MR talk, it was actually Elliott.

I can't remember, but I talked about it earlier in the thread.

Even when they were in the same room, one would talk, and the other wouldn't.

Mr. Robot = confident Elliott

Elliott = Schizo, real-life Elliott.

He just didn't know that's what was happening. Everything we've seen actually happened, just not the way Elliott thought it did.

For example, watch this video from Ep. 1: http://webmup.com/c31a5/vid.webm

Elliott thought MR took him there, but he didn't, he went there alone. That's why:

1. The guy doesn't look at MR
2. The guy lets him in without talking to him. Because he already knew him.

"I'm Mr. Robot"

I think some viewers got confused by the fact that Elliot told Tyrell that he was the only member of fSociety. He was lying to protect the other hackers, but they do exist and (I assume) his interactions with them really happened.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
I think some viewers got confused by the fact that Elliot told Tyrell that he was the only member of fSociety. He was lying to protect the other hackers, but they do exist and (I assume) his interactions with them really happened.

Yeah I think you're right.

Also, on a side note, and I know I said I would just go with the flow and not go down any rabbit holes.

Alex Pappademus on his and Wesley Morris' podcast came up with a very interesting theory:

The arcade is actually a visual representation of a chatroom, and none of these people have met in real life. They don't tell each other their names (screen names), they don't exchange contact info (IP blocking) etc. etc.

:patrice:

I don't think it's true, but it's interesting to think about.