Mr Robot Season 1 Thread

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I would've liked a littler more struggle from Elliot though, after everything that happened that day the weirdo from Evil Corp is gonna crash into your apartment and give you a weird ass ultimatum - confession of a murder included - about a plan you don't really have a clue how it started and you are not gonna at least second guess if what's happening is real? :heh: It's not big issue because at the end of the day it's a TV show and you have to be willing to take some leaps for the story to move forward but it was still funny and a little too much for me. That was one fukked up day for a person to have

I just figured at that point Elliot was :francis::yeshrug:because of the day he was having. I don't know how much fight anybody would have left in them after a day like that.

Now if Tyrell would've tried that shyt earlier in the day, when Elliot was yelling at his "dad"....he would've caught the beats.

Yeah, Sam Esmail was ballsy and had a lot of respect for his potential audience. He pretty much counted on people catching on Mr. Robot, the Fight Club comparison and the lack of trust as a viewer towards Elliot's POV.

This right here perfectly sums up why I don't have a problem with the show. Bear with me here, but I was talking to one of my boys and I was telling him, sometimes a rapper says a so-so bar. And he adlibs behind it like he said the illest shyt ever. It makes the bar border line wack.

Sam Esmail did the exact opposite. The sister reveal was some :ohhh:shyt....but when the Mr. Robot reveal happened the show flat out tells you :youngsabo:"we already knew you knew that."

Best case scenario, you didn't know and were :krs: at the reveal. Worst case scenario, you already knew and the show just told you it knew you knew.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Why are people thinking that nothing from the first 8 episodes was real? I took the Mr. Robot reveal to mean that everything that happened with fsociety took place with Elliot actually being in charge.

This. There's a pretty clear cut line between what is real and what isn't.

Any scene with Mr. Robot? It's Elliot.

Any scene with Mr. Robot and Elliot? It's still Elliot, presumably internalizing whatever argument they're having, like the one in his job. I doubt he was just standing there in the middle of his job yelling at a wall.

Any other scene? It happened.

Fred.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I just figured at that point Elliot was :francis::yeshrug:because of the day he was having. I don't know how much fight anybody would have left in them after a day like that.

Now if Tyrell would've tried that shyt earlier in the day, when Elliot was yelling at his "dad"....he would've caught the beats.

This right here perfectly sums up why I don't have a problem with the show. Bear with me here, but I was talking to one of my boys and I was telling him, sometimes a rapper says a so-so bar. And he adlibs behind it like he said the illest shyt ever. It makes the bar border line wack.

Sam Esmail did the exact opposite. The sister reveal was some :ohhh:shyt....but when the Mr. Robot reveal happened the show flat out tells you :youngsabo:"we already knew you knew that."

Best case scenario, you didn't know and were :krs: at the reveal. Worst case scenario, you already knew and the show just told you it knew you knew.

Fred.

Fred the OG comes through again :banderas:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Remember the scenes might not be in order.

When Mr. Robot (Elliott) and Tyrell are arguing in the car that might be occurring in the future.

Nah, that's impossible because Elliot just spelled out his plan to Tyrell at the end of this episode. So there'd be no reason for Tyrell to be asking "what are you planning?" in the future.

Fred.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile

Fred.

That's kind of my point though. After such a physical and mentally exhausting day, if the shyt Euro Bateman pulled happened I don't think the reaction would be to just "go with it". But again, it's not a big deal at all, I just thought it could've been done better and was actually kinda funny.

onlylno

Haitian American Descended From Slaves
Supporter
Daps
Nah, that's impossible because Elliot just spelled out his plan to Tyrell at the end of this episode. So there'd be no reason for Tyrell to be asking "what are you planning?" in the future.

Fred.

Yeah, you might be right. :snoop: show is fukking with my mind.

But, I meant it in the distant future.

This is how I see the timeline of the interactions between Tyrel and Mr. Robot
1. First episode meeting. The Job offer.Ep. 1
2. Lunch at Steel Mountain. Ep. 5
3.Tyrell sneaking into Elliots room. Ep. 9
4. time jump. ???
5. The meeting at the F society HQ. Official marking the beginning of their partnership Ep. 9
6. Tyrell's crazy ass confession to his wife, that he met a tech, right before the cops ring. Ep. 8 (Peep Tyrell's outfit, it's the same as the meeting in the arcade)
7. The argument in the car. Ep. 8

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, you might be right. :snoop: show is fukking with my mind.

But, I meant it in the distant future.

This is how I see the timeline of the interactions between Tyrel and Mr. Robot
1. First episode meeting. The Job offer.Ep. 1
2. Lunch at Steel Mountain. Ep. 5
3.Tyrell sneaking into Elliots room. Ep. 9
4. time lapse. ???
5. The meeting at the F society HQ. Official marking the beginning of their partnership Ep. 9
6. Tyrell's confession to his wife, that he met a tech, right before the cops ring. Ep. 8 (Peep Tyrell's outfit, it's the same as the meeting in the arcade)
7. The argument in the car. Ep. 8

Yeah but....it can't be further into the future than this episode. Because in this episode Tyrell knows what's going on.

So why would he ask Mr. Robot "I need to know what you're planning"?

Fred.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Yeah

Fred.
:laff: this is so dope