Mr Robot Season 1 Thread

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Now I wouldn't complain but they made that such a intense scene and lowkey blew up his spot.

That's why they made the scene like that. At the end of the day realism is cool but they're trying to sell drama first and foremost.

The same goes for that train scene from "Breaking Bad". Methylamine ain't some shyt you gotta plot an elaborate heist to steal. There's probably trucks transporting the stuff around your city right now, it has all kinds of mundane uses.

Fred.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Finally caught up and gonna read through this thread

I was withholding judgement because I thought from the beginning that Mr. Robot wasn't real which I HATED.....but now after finding out he is a real person I can enjoy all the piff that I have seen up to this point

:ohhh:

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
Finally caught up and gonna read through this thread

I was withholding judgement because I thought from the beginning that Mr. Robot wasn't real which I HATED.....but now after finding out he is a real person I can enjoy all the piff that I have seen up to this point

:ohhh:

He still might not be real.

We just know his image is based on a real person. That's the very least.

He still could be a projection of Elliot's mind.

scarlxrd

Underground
Supporter
Daps
Before I watched Mr. Robot, a podcast discussion threw out "Fight Club" when describing it so that kinda ruined the revelation for me. The shyt that got me :banderas: was Elliot's sister. Now going back and rewatching the first episode and looking at how no one acknowledges Mr. Robot gives me Fight Club chills all over again.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA

He still might not be real.

We just know his image is based on a real person. That's the very least.

He still could be a projection of Elliot's mind.

OK, just read the whole thread real quick

I guess after thinking a bit and reading peoples thoughts, he still might not be real

But nonetheless, he at least was Elliots dad which is good enough for me. I didn't want him to be some alter ego of Elliot, completely made up like Tyler Durden. There have been too many other Fight Club like vibes....ripping that off would have been lame

But I'm on board now :blessed:

Daps
I'm expecting the season to end with me somehow being Mr. Robot:lupe:
It seems as though that would be the bottom of the rabbit hole. However, if it went that route, where would it go from there? At this point I kinda feel like it's already revealed all of its cards and we aren't even at the end of the first season.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
After I got the fear of the gods instilled in me by @FlyRy I decided to check out episode one and got it off of amazon. I loved it. The technology storyline, the suspense of the main character, the dark emotions of his character, I like the loner types, the way the episode flowed, etc. I also loved the fact he loves bttf part 2. Can't go wrong with that as a favorite film. Got episode two loaded off wootly right now. Gonna start watching and hopefully make it all the way thru before I knock out for the night. Should be caught up by the next episode. Guy remind me of buddy from trl. Damn if I don't remember his name. That's old school stuff tho.

BamdaDon

All Star
Daps
That's why they made the scene like that. At the end of the day realism is cool but they're trying to sell drama first and foremost.

The same goes for that train scene from "Breaking Bad". Methylamine ain't some shyt you gotta plot an elaborate heist to steal. There's probably trucks transporting the stuff around your city right now, it has all kinds of mundane uses.

Fred.
I respect the drama. But let's just keep some consistency with it is all I'm asking. That seems like something that's going to come back to bite elliot. You know how shows go they start off :gladbron: then a couple of :childplease:moments then shyt starts to get wack.

Right now I'm good show is excellent. But I won't even lie when all state was getting attacked by f society and ex boyfriend guy sent elliot to get some hard drives destroyed that was extra :dahell::heh::shaq2:. The same guy who was flown into Dallas in middle of the night for a cyber attack :wtf:ain't working on the biggest attack the company has seen.

Also I see he destroys his nic cards and hard drives everytime he thinks something goes bad or he can get caught. But this dude just logged a work ticket under his desktop ip/Mac address using his boss credentials. That's just :snoop:

Again, I'm not trying to be nitpicking but I'm noticing alot of shyt like this so far.

Last edited: