Mr Robot Season 1 Thread

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Limited edition PS1 controllers maybe.

for a show that pays so much attention to tech I doubt they would use a controller that looked like it belong on the PS2 the earliest as a stand in for the ps1 controller. I think that might be a clue that his father didn't die when Elliot said he did.

Hades

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
for a show that pays so much attention to tech I doubt they would use a controller that looked like it belong on the PS2 the earliest as a stand in for the ps1 controller. I think that might be a clue that his father didn't die when Elliot said he did.
Shh... you need to let the mental gymnastics fly.

Daps
Reppin
Canada
:whoa: Elliott

tumblr_nt07i3oxes1r45g3go1_400.gif

I DIDN'T KNOW ANYTHING ELLIOTT. I SWEAR!!! :damn:

If Mr. Robot/Elliott's father has been dead since was little, explain this photo brehs:jbhmm::

9aCLZpZ.jpg
PS1 Original Dual Shock BLACK Controller

That thing looks wireless anyway so nevermind.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
I still say we're getting Tyler Durden'd /Dexter'd...

The scene that gave it away that Mr robot is not real was where he appeared at Allsafe sitting in Elliot's seat working on his terminal...That's an IT security firm and that was a major security breach if Mr Robot is real...

How did no one see him if he was real? He wasn't hiding, he was right there in plain sight in Elliots seat and they were arguing...How does that scene not raise any alarms if it wasn't all in Elliot's head?

It could be that Elliot's father is not dead and he's fukking with his sons mind but what would be the point of that? Why do that to your own kid? All I know for sure is atleast in that Allsafe scene it is simply improbable that Mr Robots appearance wasn't a creation of Elliot's mental state...

That's my 2 cents...

Daps
Reppin
Canada

The scene that gave it away that Mr robot is not real was where he appeared at Allsafe sitting in Elliot's seat working on his terminal...That's an IT security firm and that was a major security breach if Mr Robot is real...

How did no one see him if he was real? He wasn't hiding, he was right there in plain sight in Elliots seat and they were arguing...How does that scene not raise any alarms if it wasn't all in Elliot's head?

It could be that Elliot's father is not dead and he's fukking with his sons mind but what would be the point of that? Why do that to your own kid? All I know for sure is atleast in that Allsafe scene it is simply improbable that Mr Robots appearance wasn't a creation of Elliot's mental state...

That's my 2 cents...

Where did this theory if him not being real come from?

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
Just caught, when I realized mr robot was his dad I hit the literal
giphy.gif

Waiting for the next episode like
scared.gif

Wtf is real :mindblown:

Show is so piff :banderas:

Also damn we lost the hottest piece of ass on the show, shayla :mjcry:

But we have tyrells wife :takedat:

Last edited:

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They goofed. But they did have black ps1 controllers

PS1 didn't have wireless controllers and I don't think they'd goof.

That's my 2 cents...

The Allsafe scene still bugs me. Maybe he was allowed in because they know he's Elliot's dad so it wasn't strange for him to be in his cubicle.

I still say Mr Robot is real and it's Elliot's mind warping our perception of reality that's throwing things off.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
The Allsafe scene still bugs me. Maybe he was allowed in because they know he's Elliot's dad so it wasn't strange for him to be in his cubicle.

I still say Mr Robot is real and it's Elliot's mind warping our perception of reality that's throwing things off.
The only one who knows his family is Angela...Even if Angela was the one who let Mr Robot up cuz she knows he's Elliot's dad, why is no one paying attention to him sitting at Elliot's terminal? That doesn't seem plausible...

If one of yall can, rewatch the following scene at the bar...I am pretty sure the bartender never interacted or looked at Mr Robot...He has a drink but they never showed the Bartender giving it to him nor did they show him pay for it...The bartender only interacts with Elliot who does pay for his drink and his drink only...

I think we're all getting mindfukked because were being fed the story through Elliot's eyes...In reality what his fukked up mind is generating isn't what everyone else sees...In other words his mind is telling him he's sitting at a bar with Mr Robot, he sees Mr Robot and so do we because we're getting the story through Elliot...

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps

Or, it was a goof.

:yeshrug:

The first thing I thought when I was seeing those pics of Robot/Slater, was that it felt like the production staff asked him for some home-movies/real life pictures so they felt more authentic.

The ones with lil' Elliot looked and felt staged, but some of them looked like pictures taken on an iPhone.

I'm leaning more towards goof than easter egg

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
And on another note, for the brehs who felt like going back and watching prior Darlene and Elliot interactions to looks for clues, the brehs at Grantland did it for us:

WTFsociety: A Spoiler-tastic ‘Mr. Robot’ Investigation

Episode 7
screen-shot-2015-08-14-at-9-13-27-am.png
USA Network

This is the scene that really makes no sense right now. Mr. Robot and Darlene meet for a drink to discuss Darlene’s attempts to contact Whiterose and the Dark Army. The consensus among many fans is that when Mr. Robot speaks to other characters, it’s a manifestation of multiple personality disorder in Elliot. So, if Darlene is speaking to Mr. Robot, she’s actually just conversing with another side of Elliot. In this scene, Mr. Robot says he wants to meet Whiterose himself, but Darlene scoffs at that idea. In the next episode, Darlene tells Elliot he has to be the one to meet with Whiterose. “You’re definitely the one they want to meet with,” she says. Unless Darlene can tell the difference between the two sides of Elliot’s personality, that throws cold water on the notion that they are the same person. So, if they aren’t the same person, who are they?

:ohhh: :ohhh:

:mindblown:

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If one of yall can, rewatch the following scene at the bar...I am pretty sure the bartender never interacted or looked at Mr Robot...He has a drink but they never showed the Bartender giving it to him nor did they show him pay for it...The bartender only interacts with Elliot who does pay for his drink and his drink only...

The bartender never interacted or looked at Mr Robot but when the scene started he already had his drink so he was served and paid for it off camera. If you notice Mr. Robot seems to be obnoxious, looks dirty, and is off-putting. The bartender seems irritated as did a woman who walked by the cubicle looked in his or Elliott's direction. It always ambiguous.

Or, it was a goof.

:yeshrug:

The first thing I thought when I was seeing those pics of Robot/Slater, was that it felt like the production staff asked him for some home-movies/real life pictures so they felt more authentic.

The ones with lil' Elliot looked and felt staged, but some of them looked like pictures taken on an iPhone.

I'm leaning more towards goof than easter egg

If the controller was in the background it might be a goof but it's so obvious they wouldn't miss it. Slater probably gave them a bunch of pics to dig through and they'd choose one that might throw off the timeline plus no one noticed the goof:francis: