Mr Robot Season 1 Thread

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
This show is B level bad ass the same Breaking Bad was. I'm not mad at it but it's got pangs of goofy. The final scene where RED CHINA laughs like a Bond villain is type goof.

Ordinary Joel

Rookie
Daps
Tyrell is the masked man

Cv9Cp9m.jpg
Nah it's Elliot. Some dude on reddit audio pitch-shifted the message from the masked guy and it sounds just like Elliot.

sfx.io - share sounds simply.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Late to this but i loved the ending. I think most shows are taking the "Game Of Thrones" approach now to ending their seasons, Meaning that the penultimate episode is the "season finale" in terms of action tempo and reveals and the actual "Season finale" is just a setup to next season.

Episode 9 for all intents and purposes was the end to Elliot's "story" that started in Episode 1 where as "Episode 10" is the beginning of what's next.

Anyway amazing first season. I literally cant think of a show that had such a great first season since Dexter. A damn shame we got to wait a entire year til next summer for season 2 but USA officially has the entire summer on lock with Suits and Mr Robot!! Hopefully they will go the "Suits" way and give us 10 episodes in the summer with the back 6 in the winter.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Yeah
Oh and White Rose is not working with E Corp. He has his own agenda. If E Corp set up the hack he has no reason to say "I was told you that you know the person responsible".

The comment about Nero was a big ass red flag, too. Dude wanted to create chaos, for whatever reason. Now he's enjoying it.

Lastly my boy hit me up talking about "Elliot is Tyrell!" :krs:

After sitting there like :what: for a bit I explained why that's not possible.

Fred.
White rose prob works for the Chinese government or some shyt :ohhh:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
His grammar was also that of somebody who learned English as a second language and spoke in overly complete and correct sentences.

I thought it was obvious that that was Tyrell, but maybe I'm wrong.

:yeshrug:
Yeah, that's what made me think it was Tyrell, the structure of his speech was very different than the previous videos.

Daps
Reppin
Charlotte, North Carolina
This show is B level bad ass the same Breaking Bad was. I'm not mad at it but it's got pangs of goofy. The final scene where RED CHINA laughs like a Bond villain is type goof.

BREAKING BAD IS B LEVEL NOW? :dahell:

:camby: STICK TO MICHAEL BAY THREADS BREH

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Bless't

Living the dream
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mr. Robot
Posted September 3 2015 — 3:41 PM EDT

Mr. Robot, USA’s break-out hit drama starring Rami Malek and Christian Slater, just finished out its first season, and each of its 10 episodes currently has a 100 percent rating on Rotten Tomatoes, making it the only show on the site right now to have a perfect rating for each episode.

Mr. Robot, created by Sam Esmail, follows a depressed security engineer (played by Malek) who struggles with morphine addiction and depression and gets involved in a hacking society. Its first season concluded Wednesday night, and USA renewed the show for a second season before the show even premiered.

'Mr. Robot' had a perfect season on Rotten Tomatoes

:ohlawd:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The Coli has great taste.

:yeshrug:

:salute:

Daps
Reppin
Charlotte, North Carolina
SOME TIDBITS FROM THE SAM ESMAIL REDDIT SESSION:

Length & Inspiration of Show

Probably going with four seasons, max five.

My main inspiration for the show and Elliot is a combination of 3 events:

• One, my aforementioned frustration with the way Hollywood represents hacking and technology
  • Two, my personal experience with the Arab Spring, specifically in Egypt
  • And three, the financial collapse in 2008.
I am unfortunately not as skilled as I'd like to be in technology. But I am obsessed with it.

And I'd love to, if the timing works out. Right now we're in the middle of filming. Maybe when we wrap.

Who do they consult for the realistic view of mental illness

Well, that consultant would be me. :ohhh:

I am very familiar. I'm like the Picasso of social anxiety. But we also have a psychologist as a consultant on-staff who we talk to as well.

- fan of the TV show "HUMANS" and "BANSHEE"

Mr. ROBOT comic book?

Yes. Not only have I considered it, there were plans to release something like that before the pilot premiered, but it didn't work out. I'll keep trying to do it, I think it'd be cool. (WORD TO UTOPIA)

Having the Ashley Madison reference in the last episode

I had it in the script for awhile because it was a callback to the pilot, but then took it out because I felt it was too repetitive, then put it back in when the shyt went down with AM.

TIMES SQUARE SCENE

"I wasn’t able to talk the New York City government into shutting down Times Square like Tom Cruise had for Vanilla Sky. Instead, the crew took advantage of a holiday weekend to catch the area at its (almost) emptiest. “We shot that scene late at night right before the 4th of July weekend,” he reveals. “Basically, everyone had already gone on vacation, so it timed out nicely.” :ohhh:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO