MR MCMAHON (Netflix Documentary Series - September 25th)

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Even though I’ve seen and heard these stories 1000 times it was nice to get decent production value behind it, but them saying Shawn coming out in biker shorts was the start of the attitude era was jokes. Austin 316 started that shyt.
I always believed it was Goldust that started the Attitude Area. That was the first non-family friendly gimmick they had

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
This shyt was terrible....you'd learn more reading the WWE's wikipedia page. It wasn't even about Vince...why the fukk are you talking about how Cena found his rapping gimmick and Taker losing the streak :gucci:

Who gives a shyt. Just straight up A-Z of WWE more than a character study of Cokeboy. I'm sure it's entertaining for non-wrestling fans but it ain't for weirdos like us.

onlylno

Haitian American Descended From Slaves
Supporter
Daps
It wasn’t until this thread that I realized Vince is a coke head :pachaha:

That explains more of his behavior than the documentary.

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
OK I got a good laugh out of them calling Vince out on his Ted Turner complaints and how hypocritical he was being considering that's exactly what he did in the 80s. Vince went full spin mode admitting he says shyt to the public to try and put a mindset out there even though he knows its bullshyt and says that's just how business works. Sounds full blown Trump with that.

I didn't realize Hall was fukking the fan up that bad during the NWO reveal.

If there’s one thing this doc has shown me 4.5 eps in…Trump and Vince are the same fukking person breh.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
If there’s one thing this doc has shown me 4.5 eps in…Trump and Vince are the same fukking person breh.
Absolutely, the way Trump looks and treats his voters is the same way Vince treats his fans. They know they can throw all kinds of bullshyt out there and a large portion will eat it right up and repeat it. It's the reason pretty much every WWE presented doc repeats the same lies over and over. And for the most part they've been proven right.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I always believed it was Goldust that started the Attitude Area. That was the first non-family friendly gimmick they had

There were shades of them trying to carve a different path even as early as Diesel.. the business was in the toilet and they were trying to think of anything they could. Heyman had Vince's ear at times, if you recall they even had ECW show up at RAW. Lawler and them showed up at ECW...

Goldust was probably the most adult themed character they had in a minute... that was definitely a change in direction..

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
That said, "Pillman has a gun" aired on November 4, 1996. Him and Austin were already two crazy characters. Then Austin continued into 1997 and along with Bret Hart's heel turn "This is bullshyt!!!" it went from there...

D-X trying to take credit is funny to me..

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
I forgot about the Big Bossman hanging thing. For those around, was there any controversy in real time? That fukked my head up when I first saw it

Rigby.

Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
obviously the questions were softball as hell, but even the presentation was weak. Consistently willing to present a problem, show Vince had some potential causality, throw some at the time interviews that were more derogatory of his character, then move to the next fukkery

Rigby.

Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
It worked for the chase, but the title run has been boring.
I’m not a WWE every dayer and haven’t been in yearsssss…but they been running this whole RKO, KO, and Cody vs Bloodline dynamic for at least a year. And I understand that Bloodline is basically a multi year commitment like a novel series or something, but this particular segment has worn thin for me

It makes it feel like WWE has a hella shallow roster of main event caliber guys, even though I know they’ve acquired quite a few dudes

Rigby.

Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Got a couple minutes left all in all. I think I'd still recommend this to someone with a little knowledge of WWE. It's a good macro recap and entertaining enough in the middle episodes to warrant sitting through it.

I think the modern part of it is probably the weakest. It's the stuff the current wrestling community knows the most in terms of leaks and shyt, so maybe they didn't feel like it was worth trying to dig more than what was publicly accessible.

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
I’m not a WWE every dayer and haven’t been in yearsssss…but they been running this whole RKO, KO, and Cody vs Bloodline dynamic for at least a year. And I understand that Bloodline is basically a multi year commitment like a novel series or something, but this particular segment has worn thin for me

It makes it feel like WWE has a hella shallow roster of main event caliber guys, even though I know they’ve acquired quite a few dudes

there alot of guys they can elevate. Cody just needs to start jobbing out and letting actual main event worthy guys climb up the card. The wrestlemania build up was hot but the product has gotten a bit stale since.