Movies that fell apart in the second half

Edub

Veteran
Daps
:camby: entire movie is classic.

Nah, as soon as King Jaffe Joffer steps on the scene, the movie switches from a comedy to a boring love story. There are no memorable scenes after that point. :zzz:

Ya know :jbhmm:...both of you all are right. The movie does lose comedic steam once the king gets to NY (really once hakim gets his girl)...but what makes it a classic is its ability to go beyond comedy and deliver an actual good story line....think back to when u first saw it, I bet you still didn't lose interest after that moment, at least I didn't:manny:....but when it comes on TV now I'm flipping channels bout at that point:yeshrug:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I still say Law Abiding Citizens is the worst case of it I have seen. That movie was the shyt to me until it seemed like they ran out of budget or couldn't think of an ending and said fukk it just figure it out.
Yes. That one was a personal classic for me until the ending.

They just didn't have the balls to go through with letting butler win. That film was screaming for a downer,nihilistic ending and they just pussied out and had Jamie save the day.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Nah, as soon as King Jaffe Joffer steps on the scene, the movie switches from a comedy to a boring love story. There are no memorable scenes after that point. :zzz:
it was classic when he was going at it at the barber shop... asking about his son and them talking about who cleaning up these flowers

when he rolled up on arsenio and told him his "punishment"

when the sister finally got "soul glo" in the bed

the argument with the two dad's in the crib

was it AS funny as the first half? no.... comedies and definitely silly comedies/parodies usually always fall off.. can't have a movie of all jokes with no story... but it held on and was still good to the end

Troublesome

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ya know :jbhmm:...both of you all are right. The movie does lose comedic steam once the king gets to NY (really once hakim gets his girl)...but what makes it a classic is its ability to go beyond comedy and deliver an actual good story line....think back to when u first saw it, I bet you still didn't lose interest after that moment, at least I didn't:manny:....but when it comes on TV now I'm flipping channels bout at that point:yeshrug:

I can agree with this. First time I watched it, I considered it a classic. To be honest, I still consider it a classic and it's one of my top 10 favorite movies of all time. However, now that i've seen it so many times, I can't sit through the 2nd half of the movie at all. If I'm flipping through the channels and catch the 1st half, I'll stop whatever I'm doing and grab a seat. But as soon as it gets to the 2nd half, I suddenly realize I have other things to do.

And I do realize the thread title says "movies that fell apart in the 2nd half". I'll admit saying it fell apart is a little harsh. But I'd definitely say it fell off towards the 2nd half.

Troublesome

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
it was classic when he was going at it at the barber shop... asking about his son and them talking about who cleaning up these flowers

when he rolled up on arsenio and told him his "punishment"

when the sister finally got "soul glo" in the bed

the argument with the two dad's in the crib

was it AS funny as the first half? no.... comedies and definitely silly comedies/parodies usually always fall off.. can't have a movie of all jokes with no story... but it held on and was still good to the end

I'll give you the barbershop scene, but the other scenes did nothing for me. :yeshrug:

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
armageddon the 2nd half of the movie was pretty bad

whats eating gilbert grape was pretty bad in the second half when leonardo was at the bar with jack nicholas