MoviePass: It's Back (Different tiers, use at any participating theaters)

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
7MlI.gif

We byke?!

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
I hope it works out for them
they're the reason we have stubs list and the like.
I remember when Theaters were ragging on them and then covid came which humbled them lol

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
MoviePass is a bad idea. I mean for a 3rd party company to do it. There's no way for a 3rd party company to make it profitable. There's no incentive for the theaters or the movie studios to partner with another company so people can get cheaper movie tickets on some subscription service.

Most of the movie studios have their own streaming services and some of the movie theaters have their own movie subscription service. What could some other company really even offer to make it worthwhile?

Daps
Reppin
Denver
Ate good for a good 5 years or so between movie pass and A List. Cancelled A List for good the other day cuz I got a baby on the way. End of an era.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
MoviePass is a bad idea. I mean for a 3rd party company to do it. There's no way for a 3rd party company to make it profitable. There's no incentive for the theaters or the movie studios to partner with another company so people can get cheaper movie tickets on some subscription service.

Most of the movie studios have their own streaming services and some of the movie theaters have their own movie subscription service. What could some other company really even offer to make it worthwhile?

Yea the industry already responded with their own subscription plans so they dont have to share the profits. I was an early adopter of movie pass and ate good off that shyt but u rarely strike gold twice. Ill
Look out for the sign up but i doubt any decent theater participate in this

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
ULrVINV.png

Got an email saying I could sign up or use my existing account

Says it only applies to 2D flicks for now

EDIT: The prices above may not reflect your market. Was reading it's based on your location, so it could be higher

Last edited: