MoviePass: It's Back (Different tiers, use at any participating theaters)

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Movie theaters are an outdated model, and to be honest there is no reason to be paying theaters 50% of the gross when you can market and distribute directly.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Movie theaters are an outdated model, and to be honest there is no reason to be paying theaters 50% of the gross when you can market and distribute directly.
for big ass action/sci fi/hero flicks, theaters are still king IMO, nothing better than seeing some shyt like jurassic park or 300 on a 15 ft screen. now for pretty much every other genre, catch that shyt at home. shyt like moonlight and manchester by the sea don't need a big screen :ld:

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
for big ass action/sci fi/hero flicks, theaters are still king IMO, nothing better than seeing some shyt like jurassic park or 300 on a 15 ft screen. now for pretty much every other genre, catch that shyt at home. shyt like moonlight and manchester by the sea don't need a big screen :ld:
Meh, I really enjoyed the Moonlight cinematography on the big screen. shyt looked really good, same with La La Land.

00-social-moonlight.jpg

moonlight_1-12-3-e1477482090416.jpg

8-moonlight.jpg

I also like supporting lower budget films.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
And the projection quality is trash
Yep most don't even take the time to calibrate their projectors as part of maintanance.
You got loud ass kids and adults, overpriced snacks.

I got a 65 inch at home and I'm planning to upgrade to and 85 inch and use a projector for 100+ films and action movies.

A lot of people are doing this now, there is no argument IMO for movie theaters anymore, except for IMAX.

Home theater tech has arrived.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Yep most don't even take the time to calibrate their projectors as part of maintanance.
You got loud ass kids and adults, overpriced snacks.

I got a 65 inch at home and I'm planning to upgrade to and 85 inch and use a projector for 100+ films and action movies.

A lot of people are doing this now, there is no argument IMO for movie theaters anymore, except for IMAX.

Home theater tech has arrived.
most people aren't setting up home theaters, i think you're captive to the circle you run in. theaters are still a mainstay of family outings, that alone will keep them around

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
The crazy thing is that I don't spend that much on seeing movies in the theater but would probably sign up to give my money away to them anyway.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
most people aren't setting up home theaters, i think you're captive to the circle you run in. theaters are still a mainstay of family outings, that alone will keep them around
I disagree I think you are captive to the circle you hang in, I've seen plenty of people even by AV recievers and speaker systems, even if it is just a AV speaker system in a box, and not high end quality shyt. Big screen tvs are cheap, AV recievers are cheap.

Like I said earlier, there is a place for "event films" and you can always (as a studio) cut deals for IMAX exclusivity, but as a whole they need to be moving away from theaters and towards direct streaming services of movies. $40 - $50 via netflix, disney stream, paramount strea, Turner/WB stream for first run movies is a good deal for a family.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
The Only Downside Is The Large Quantity Of Idiots, Kids And Teenagers That Will Be There Acting Like a$$holes

I Dunno Where Y'all Live But In NY You Gotta Choose Your Theather, Movie, Day And Time You Go Wisely lol

Gotta fukk Around And Leave Your Borough
Catch an early matinee like a old man.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Studios and film theaters have a contract in place, with the way the things are supposed to work. So im not sure just having a magical "idea" is going to make a difference.

Unless Netflix is planning to show just indy and old movies at these theatres. Studios have slots allocated for their films, and how long you're supposed to be screening them. That's also why food at theatres cost so much, because that's their main source of revenue. The ticket sales, 80% of it go directly to the studios.

If you don't play ball, you don't get their films.
I learned this when I started working at one.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I was never in when it was 30 or 40, but I may go for this at 10.

I just need clarification on if I can use it on reserved seating in advance and still get my stubs pts