MoviePass: It's Back (Different tiers, use at any participating theaters)

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Not a bad idea. At the very least they will be able to sell the data collected.

Now can someone implement a way for people to have perosnalized closed captions? I can't stand missing dialogue and having no way to run it back

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I remember reading that most movie theaters make their money from popcorn and their other outrageous food prices and it can take almost a month or more before they start making money on movies they are showing.

Is this true or bs?

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
Paying for people to go to a movie just shows you that it's an antiquated concept. The future is in digital.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I remember reading that most movie theaters make their money from popcorn and their other outrageous food prices and it can take almost a month or more before they start making money on movies they are showing.

Is this true or bs?

mostly true, but you see some theaters raising the ticket price compared to other theaters so that they can make profit sooner rather than late. most of the time in the 1st/2nd week, the movie distributor and theater go 50/50 on ticket prices. Then the split tilts further to the theater the longer the movie at the theater (60/40, etc starting at like week 3 or 4 going forward).

FlyGuy

pimp of the year
Daps
Reppin
tropicana
Paying for people to go to a movie just shows you that it's an antiquated concept. The future is in digital.

I know a lot of children who still love going to the movies, but everything old does eventually get phased out for something new. I'll be sad if I'm alive and there's no more movie theaters tho

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
you movie eaters are annoying. yall don't pick up your trash the movie ends? yall food stinks up the whole theater... yall make too much noise when yall eating while the rest of us are watching the film..

eat before you come to movie theater breh
you kinda went overboard lol, but i agree. fat ass americans can't go 2 hours without eating? i mean damn, have a sandwich or lunch or dinner before or after the flick. aint nobody forcing you to buy their expensive ass junk food, you aint gonna die not eating for 90-180 minutes. :rudy:

Hersh

Superstar
Daps
in

8zPK1BT.gif

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
you kinda went overboard lol, but i agree. fat ass americans can't go 2 hours without eating? i mean damn, have a sandwich or lunch or dinner before or after the flick. aint nobody forcing you to buy their expensive ass junk food, you aint gonna die not eating for 90-180 minutes. :rudy:

worse are the theaters that are within malls that let you bring in food from the food court.

I remember some broad brought in fukking spaghetti and meatballs from sbarro to paranormal activity :snoop:

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
you movie eaters are annoying. yall don't pick up your trash the movie ends? yall food stinks up the whole theater... yall make too much noise when yall eating while the rest of us are watching the film..

eat before you come to movie theater breh

They've gotten people trained like circus animals when it comes to eating at the theatre. My theatre opens at like 9/9:30 a.m. on Fridays for major releases. Every time I go I see folks with large popcorns, large pops, burgers, and hot dogs and shyt. I can't see how people eat that shyt so early in the morning.