MoviePass: It's Back (Different tiers, use at any participating theaters)

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
This is a bargain....I'm ultra selective with the movies that I actually go to the theaters to see these days....around my way it's $15 for prime time movies, add in popcorn (i bring my own drinks) and i'm 25 bucks in the hole and that's if I go by myself. SO the movie has tobe something that i REALLY want to see to pay any guap.

the movie industry is fukked up in my eyes only because they have been committed to price gouging the customer. Nothing else

When I was a kid I spent 3.50 to go see the first ninja turtles movie....If I went to see the new oes today...I'd probably end up paying 17.50.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
yeah idk how ppl are always complaining about the snack prices. i always bring my own snacks in. hotdog from costco, chips, drinks, candy, i've brought in a subway footlong before, i've snuck 6 beer bottles in, it really ain't hard. especially if you wit a chick that got a big purse, you could damn near bring in a whole picnic

i will say, the time i snuck the 6 beers in was for the raid 2. not a good idea. i was opening the bottles with a lighter and it would make that loud ass "pop" sound. so i would try to time it with the gunshots or car crashes on screen :mjlol:

but by the time i was finishing beer number 5 i had to piss so fukkin bad, and i felt like i couldn't just stand up and walk out cuz i would miss something important. of course it got too bad and i had to run out and piss real quick then run back in the movie. of course i ended up missing one of the shootouts at the end :sadcam::mjcry:

Rep.......this one of the funniest stories I have ever read on the internet....:laff::laff::laff:.

Reminds me of the time I went to the movies with my uncle and he snucked in some fried pork chops and hamburgers that he had grilled earlier that day...:laff::laff:

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
The Only Downside Is The Large Quantity Of Idiots, Kids And Teenagers That Will Be There Acting Like a$$holes

I Dunno Where Y'all Live But In NY You Gotta Choose Your Theather, Movie, Day And Time You Go Wisely lol

Gotta fukk Around And Leave Your Borough

This.

It doesn't matter where you go, 42nd, 86th, etc. There's always gonna be a couple of morons who; bring their kids, smoke weed in the theater, are loud, have that one girlfriend who needs her boyfriend to "explain" it to her scene by scene, etc. From the "cougher" to the kids who think its cool to talk throughout the movie because they're with their friends. If this applies to matinee's then yes, I'm down.

Daps
Reppin
HAWAII
Rep.......this one of the funniest stories I have ever read on the internet....:laff::laff::laff:.

Reminds me of the time I went to the movies with my uncle and he snucked in some fried pork chops and hamburgers that he had grilled earlier that day...:laff::laff:

Lmao me and ur uncle cut from the same cloth I would do that same kinda shyt. I don't care what people think, they just gonna be jealous smelling my delicious ass food while they look down at their overpriced ass popcorn with shytty ass butter coverage

When I was opening the beer bottles a couple times I mistimed it and I popped the bottle and the whole fukkin theater heard it :laff: people were turning around like "did I just hear someone open a fukkin beer? Can't be right? Oh shyt I think that guy really is drinking a beer in here!" :mjlol::mjlol:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
This.

It doesn't matter where you go, 42nd, 86th, etc. There's always gonna be a couple of morons who; bring their kids, smoke weed in the theater, are loud, have that one girlfriend who needs her boyfriend to "explain" it to her scene by scene, etc. From the "cougher" to the kids who think its cool to talk throughout the movie because they're with their friends. If this applies to matinee's then yes, I'm down.
What kinda hood ass theaters you going to :dead:

Rigamortus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mile High City

Lmao me and ur uncle cut from the same cloth I would do that same kinda shyt. I don't care what people think, they just gonna be jealous smelling my delicious ass food while they look down at their overpriced ass popcorn with shytty ass butter coverage

When I was opening the beer bottles a couple times I mistimed it and I popped the bottle and the whole fukkin theater heard it :laff: people were turning around like "did I just hear someone open a fukkin beer? Can't be right? Oh shyt I think that guy really is drinking a beer in here!" :mjlol::mjlol:

Cargo shorts and big ass purses are your friends. I used to stay sneaking in McDonalds when i was younger. To this day my greatest prize was sneaking in some Wingstop. My girl at the time had one of those big ass bootleg Louis Vitton bags and I was able to sneak in some wings. There was this one chubby dude in my aisle who kept watching me eat wings while his ass paid for some stale ass nachos. :pachaha:

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Cargo shorts and big ass purses are your friends. I used to stay sneaking in McDonalds when i was younger. To this day my greatest prize was sneaking in some Wingstop. My girl at the time had one of those big ass bootleg Louis Vitton bags and I was able to sneak in some wings. There was this one chubby dude in my aisle who kept watching me eat wings while his ass paid for some stale ass nachos. :pachaha:

:laff::laff::laff::laff:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
How is this still in business? They have to be burning through mad cash.

Daps
Reppin
HAWAII
How is this still in business? They have to be burning through mad cash.

When I first heard the price drop I couldn't fathom how they would make money. Literally one movie a month would be more than $9.95. last movie I went to was $13.00.I'm assuming most people can find at least one movie to see per month.

I read an article discussing their strategy and apparently theaters barely make shyt off the ticket price itself since they gotta rent the flicks themselves, have the reels shipped over (or rent the digital master version which is sent via internet to the theater), pay high rent prices, pay workers etc... They make something like 80% of their revenue off of the concession stand. So their main objective is to get as many people through the door as possible because more people = more chance of people buying food/snacks. I think movie pass is supposed to pay the theater the full price of the ticket but I'm guessing it's subsidized somehow

old soul

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I still haven't gotten my card and I ordered it the day that article came out.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
same here. got mine within a month or so after signing up/time of the article.

that influx must've been something crazy if they're still backed up and it's basically november

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
This.

I don’t deal with over ratchet shyt like that but I purposely pick odd times to go and I don’t even tell anyone what theater I go to so that they won’t fukk it up for me in the future lol

I wait for a movie to be our at least a month and catch a 10:30 showing on a Tuesday or Wednesday. I get there and there will be like 10 people in the whole spot. So I bring in a burger, drink and have a bunch of seats empty around me.

The days of sitting in a crowded movie theater are over. Who in their right mind is paying $20 to sit next to stranger and then have people passing in front of them.

I will say I do like going to the indie theaters like Film Forum but most of these indie spots have to get with the times and upgrade their theaters. We’re in the big ass recliner seat era now with the premium Dolby sound and some of these spots feel like they’re trapped in 2002