MoviePass: It's Back (Different tiers, use at any participating theaters)

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
When I first heard the price drop I couldn't fathom how they would make money. Literally one movie a month would be more than $9.95. last movie I went to was $13.00.I'm assuming most people can find at least one movie to see per month.

I read an article discussing their strategy and apparently theaters barely make shyt off the ticket price itself since they gotta rent the flicks themselves, have the reels shipped over (or rent the digital master version which is sent via internet to the theater), pay high rent prices, pay workers etc... They make something like 80% of their revenue off of the concession stand. So their main objective is to get as many people through the door as possible because more people = more chance of people buying food/snacks. I think movie pass is supposed to pay the theater the full price of the ticket but I'm guessing it's subsidized somehow
This isn't ran by theaters. It's a separate company from them with no partnership rates. They pay the rack rate for your ticket.

cellsius

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I ordered one for me and my wife and they got here in one week. I was shocked because I saw how long everybody else said it was taking. Have had it for a week now and still haven’t gone to see anything.

Daps
Reppin
HAWAII
This isn't ran by theaters. It's a separate company from them with no partnership rates. They pay the rack rate for your ticket.

i understand that, i'm fairly sure the tickets will be subsidized for them though. the theaters signed on because it would get a lot more people through the doors, and moviepass took the chance assuming a good % of the people who buy it won't make use of it or forget about it. that's the only way i can see this realistically being possible. the CEO who made the price drop decision is very highly respected and not a dummy by any stretch

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
Question....Looking into getting this cause i wanna see jigsaw Tuesday, but it says no passes(regal)...assuming that means this? How long after release is a movie in the “no pass” zone?

Last edited:

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
i understand that, i'm fairly sure the tickets will be subsidized for them though. the theaters signed on because it would get a lot more people through the doors, and moviepass took the chance assuming a good % of the people who buy it won't make use of it or forget about it. that's the only way i can see this realistically being possible. the CEO who made the price drop decision is very highly respected and not a dummy by any stretch

Nope.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Have u tried using the app?

Question....Looking into getting this cause i wanna see jigsaw Tuesday, but it says no passes(regal)...assuming that means this? How long after release is a movie in the “no pass” zone?

It doesn't mean this. No blackout dates on moviepass.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Everyone telling me to sneak in snacks... I BEEN doing that shyt since I was a kid with my mom. But as an adult now, I wanna splurge on a popcorn every now and then. I love theatre popcorn. I just wish it wasn't like $10 for a fukking bag. We still sneaking in food though.
Beers :sas2: