Movie Cliches you are Tired of Seeing

King_Sage

All Star
Daps
movie seems to be missing a premise or natural flow and feels forced a la Ben Affleck's Gone Girl, The Town, The Accountant...etc..

BLΔCK⁂W⊙LF

All Star
Daps
movie seems to be missing a premise or natural flow and feels forced a la Ben Affleck's Gone Girl, The Town, The Accountant...etc..

I started watching the Accountant, but got bored and quit. $5 rental, but :yeshrug:

Muthapuckas NOT MOVING OUT OF A DAMN HAUNTED HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????

I like that some movies like the Conjuring tries to explain why such as they don't have enough money to move anywhere else, or if and when they try to move, things get worse because the spirit is attached.

But, even though I liked Sinister, I was wondering why he kept the damn house all dark? Then he starts noticing hauntings and he still kept the house dark. I was saying, "are you serious right now? Just going to walk into a dark ass hallway after witnessing some bullshyt?" :gucci:

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
I like that some movies like the Conjuring tries to explain why such as they don't have enough money to move anywhere else, or if and when they try to move, things get worse because the spirit is attached.

But, even though I liked Sinister, I was wondering why he kept the damn house all dark? Then he starts noticing hauntings and he still kept the house dark. I was saying, "are you serious right now? Just going to walk into a dark ass hallway after witnessing some bullshyt?" :gucci:
Hell why they move into the house iin the first place when all signs say don't!!:mindblown:

Wife: The plates came flying out of the kitchen counters :damn:

Husband: Let's call the pastor/ghost hunter boo :troll:

Breh, if a cereal box just moves, TO HELL WITH THE LEASE
White girl tripping over air

Having a black character in a white comedy always dealing with racism somehow

Guns having an unlimited clip

Jumping when an explosion happens a few feet behind them, and they survive with no bruises or soot :stopitslime:

Or just reloading once to unlimited ammo
- women consistently giving the beats to big ass men :duck:...how come women never fight female opps?
I've legitimately never seen this

And you barely see women fight women in action movies

Off top I can think of one of the Rush Hours

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Typical American or British action flicks
  • There is always a girl or child that needs to be saved in the last action sequence. ALWAYS!!!!! (mostly American flicks)
  • Always one final 1-on-1 fist-fight between the main character and the opposing best fighter.
  • Oh... And after the rescue of previously mentioned woman or child... The place is gonna blow up so there's a race to escape the explosion
  • There is gonna be a dope ass car or car chase scene.
You get to the point where you can see that shyt coming within the first 5 minute of a 90 minute movie

Last edited:

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
Dude has a woman over for dinner and at some point he has a small towel draped over his shoulder and beckons her to taste the sauce he's making

:russ:

Then he's talking to her with his back turned stirring and chopping up shyt, with a glass of wine. The conversation is always about some dilemma the woman is in.

:russ::russ::russ:

Don't forget the man working in a mention of the wine's vintage or some shyt to seem sophisticated

:laff: dap and reps will be handed out in a second

don't forget this scene takes place in his spacious downtown loft that oversees the city, perfect lighting, white couches, completely clean and modern aesthetic