Movie Cliches you are Tired of Seeing

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The woman invites the man over for dinner, the doorbell rings, she pats her self down, answers the door for the man, he walks in, asks, "Is something burning?" and she suddenly realizes there is food in the oven, runs to get it out, and it's burned to a crisp, he comforts her, and they go out to eat

:russ:

This is fukking truth

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
This thread proves that "Last Action Hero" was way ahead of it's time. I'm struggling to find "new" cliches that already weren't being parodied way back then.

- subway exteriors covered in graffiti DECADES after they have been graffiti-proof. How many of us are even old enough to have seen trains that look like the ones in the movies.

Basically, every "regional" area in movieland is stuck in sterotypes that were already outdated by 1980 before a lot of these writers were born. I can mention that everyone from "Queens" is Italian with a Yiddish accent, and I'm sure not everyone from the LA Suburbs isn't either a Valley Girl or a member of the Mexican Mafia.

- Very little effort spent on any kind of accurate West Indian accent in the movies. That's why Steven Segal's "Marked for Death" is almost beloved as a comedy classic. Nothing about that movie makes any sense at all, but the bad guys SOUND like real Jamaicans so it's almost like an in-joke.

-The neighborhood so tough even the cops don't go there. Call me niave, but this can't really exist anywhere in the US, can it?

No-go area - Wikipedia
shyt. i remember there was a time when the cops were the baddest criminals in my neighborhood.
:francis:

thats why dont ever think its some "conspiracy theory" that the US gov't intentionally put drugs and guns and shyt in the ghettos

cause
that
shyt
is
real

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
Western movies set in the Old West.

The main character walks into a saloon filled with bar patrons, along with hookers wearing all that feathery shyt. He gets offered some sex, and he ALWAYS declines the offer.

- Bartenders seem to know every person who is important in the criminal world

3rdLetter

Pushin afros back to '76
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Qnz, NYC
Chief: slater and malone you're off the case!
Slater: but chief we re so close! :damn:
Chief: you've destroyed the damn city and the DA is breathing down my throat!
Malone: Cortez is behind it all chief ! :bryan;
Chief : I don't wanna hear it gimme your guns and badges :pacspit:

Skater and malone go awol kill 50 guys and Cortez, blow up 3 buildings, High speed chase through the city as private citizens

Police are cleaning up the scene

Chief I guess you'll need these *hand back badges and guns*
::stopitslime:
Not a movie but this happens like once every five episodes in SVU, why? because fukk Captain Cragen, that's why :pachaha:

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
Not a movie but this happens like once every five episodes in SVU, why? because fukk Captain Cragen, that's why :pachaha:
Cragen wasn't saying that when his ass was in jail for dem prostitutes :sas2: he was telling his crew do what the fukk you gotta do to get me out :sas1:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
"Laser" blasters (in movies influenced by Star Wars) that shoot visible bolts that are slow and easily dodged, making them far less effective than something like a 1920's tommy gun.

.r.

Veteran
Daps
"Laser" blasters (in movies influenced by Star Wars) that shoot visible bolts that are slow and easily dodged, making them far less effective than something like a 1920's tommy gun.

Or Spaceships that roar in a vacuum
Traveling from one planet to another in mins not months
And landing on planet without space suits or beening effected by its gravity/time