Movie Cliches you are Tired of Seeing

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Detectives are trying to track down a gun dealer or some other high-level criminal.

fukk the entire city up like being in plain clothes gives them the authority :rudy:
:russ:

i wanna dap +rep everyone in here

whole thread funny as hell!
i was reading some of these to my girl
she was
:deadmanny:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
:russ:

i wanna dap +rep everyone in here

whole thread funny as hell!
i was reading some of these to my girl
she was
This thread proves that "Last Action Hero" was way ahead of it's time. I'm struggling to find "new" cliches that already weren't being parodied way back then.

- subway exteriors covered in graffiti DECADES after they have been graffiti-proof. How many of us are even old enough to have seen trains that look like the ones in the movies.

Basically, every "regional" area in movieland is stuck in sterotypes that were already outdated by 1980 before a lot of these writers were born. I can mention that everyone from "Queens" is Italian with a Yiddish accent, and I'm sure not everyone from the LA Suburbs isn't either a Valley Girl or a member of the Mexican Mafia.

- Very little effort spent on any kind of accurate West Indian accent in the movies. That's why Steven Segal's "Marked for Death" is almost beloved as a comedy classic. Nothing about that movie makes any sense at all, but the bad guys SOUND like real Jamaicans so it's almost like an in-joke.

-The neighborhood so tough even the cops don't go there. Call me niave, but this can't really exist anywhere in the US, can it?

No-go area - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Daps
This thread proves that "Last Action Hero" was way ahead of it's time. I'm struggling to find "new" cliches that already weren't being parodied way back then.

- subway exteriors covered in graffiti DECADES after they have been graffiti-proof. How many of us are even old enough to have seen trains that look like the ones in the movies.

-The neighborhood so tough even the cops don't go there. Call me niave, but this can't really exist anywhere in the US, can it?

No-go area - Wikipedia

Yeah. There are millions of people who have never been to New York, and think the subways look like that. They also don't know that Wall St bankers ride the subway, and not just poor people.

I'll also add groups of middle aged and older people sitting outside talking in the middle of the day on the stairs of brownstones.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
M. Night Shamalamalamalama's unnecessary plot twists,
Michael Bay's unnecessary explosions,
Quentin Tarantino's unnecessary insertion of the n-word into his scripts, and
Clint Eastwood overusage of darkness to convey mood in the films he directs.

HOWEVER, I am not tired of Spike Lee's "glide walk"! :myman:

Sensitive Christian Grey

The Fisher King
Daps
Reppin
Welsh Hills
Black guy always getting killed first and often most violent.
All of the coffee cups look the same. Blue cup with the white lid

Breh I thought I was the only one who noticed this :mjlol:

This isn't real? :dwillhuh: I always thought this was some NY coffee chain, wanted to try it even though I don't drink coffee :deadrose:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Yeah. There are millions of people who have never been to New York, and think the subways look like that. They also don't know that Wall St bankers ride the subway, and not just poor people.

I'll also add groups of middle aged and older people sitting outside talking in the middle of the day on the stairs of brownstones.

My father was living in Europe 10 years ago, and I went to visit him. We saw a train and he was like "If this we're NY it would be covered in graffiti". I was like "No, not really." He actually said "Why? Because of Guiliani?" :snoop:

I had to explain that they've been using paint resistant metal since the mid 80s. He didn't believe me.