Moved BACK to GHANA [VLOG]

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
I’m half senegalese but why do you think that ? Both are beautiful countries, fairly democratic, non violent societies but Ghana has a better HDI, officially english speaking, more entrepreneurial, less attached to former colonial master, ... I can see why so many aframs who are willing to move to Africa choose for Ghana.

Ghana is massively under developed outside of Accra, massive debt load that will halt any progress and its youth are being radicalized.

Meanwhile, Senegal handled Ebola to perfection and voted to further limit presidential terms.....just seems like a more competent country.

Last edited:

Sonni

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ghana is massively under developed outside of Accra, massive debt load that will halt any progress and its youth are being radicalized.

Meanwhile, Senegal handled Ebola to perfection and voted to further limit presidential.....just seems like a more competent country.
outside Dakar and the smaller western cities underdevelopment is very real too though but fair enough. I always feel Senegal is underachieving, its so frustrating. The fact that it is not enclaved, never had religious or ethnic clashes, coups is already a massive advantage compared to a lot of african countries. It needs to detach more from France and francophonie, open up more to the world, teach english as foreign language in schools, cut down airport taxes, invest massively in tourist accomodation. These clowns still only cater to french, belgians, swiss like we in the 1970’s or something. meanwhile neighbouring Gambia profits from that hard. If only we had a visionary in power that would implement the kind of measures that attract investors and boost for more growth. They found petrol last year, I know it’s been a curse for many countries but we don’t have that blessed fertile soil like the Gulf of Guinea and southern african countries have so I hope we’ll be able to handle that well. Anyway I don't live there but I’m there every year, my mum moved back beginning this year. I’m still looking for opportunities to make that little investment. if you need any info on senegalese life and society don’t hesitate.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
outside Dakar and the smaller western cities underdevelopment is very real too though but fair enough. I always feel Senegal is underachieving, its so frustrating. The fact that it is not enclaved, never had religious or ethnic clashes, coups is already a massive advantage compared to a lot of african countries. It needs to detach more from France and francophonie, open up more to the world, teach english as foreign language in schools, cut down airport taxes, invest massively in tourist accomodation. These clowns still only cater to french, belgians, swiss like we in the 1970’s or something. meanwhile neighbouring Gambia profits from that hard. If only we had a visionary in power that would implement the kind of measures that attract investors and boost for more growth. They found petrol last year, I know it’s been a curse for many countries but we don’t have that blessed fertile soil like the Gulf of Guinea and southern african countries have so I hope we’ll be able to handle that well. Anyway I don't live there but I’m there every year, my mum moved back beginning this year. I’m still looking for opportunities to make that little investment. if you need any info on senegalese life and society don’t hesitate.

Yeah, Senegal is attractive because it is stable, not because I think it will be an economic powerhouse.

Deciding between Senegal, Zimbabwe and Tanzania....Mali if it were safe :sad:.....for a vacation so I good chance I'll PM you about your beautiful country :salute:

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%

Yeah those francophone African countries need to throw that french in the bushes. Africa has a future, france doesn't.

The D-List Vet

Being in a recommendation system.
Daps
Reppin
Coli.
from what i understand... he said dont just come to Ghana and expected to just find a job... $300 a month is cheap, he can meet the cost because he teaches at a school, but outside of that how will you make money? to meet your needs every month? before i make the move i need save money and i need to visit a few times and see where i can go to find a job, before i just go over there... i feel i might end up like most AA that he was talking about in the vid... they just go over there and love it but dont/cant make money so they have to leave.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just returned from Senegal a little a week ago. I also visited another african country while traveling. Senegal is beautiful but definitely underdeveloped outside of Dakar. Dakar is such a cool city though.

It's interesting. European countries treated their colonies different and you can still see the effects from that on the country to this day. France pushed their culture on their colonies more, and viewed their colonies as an extension of France, England did not due that.

Also the first president of Senegal Senghor, he looooved the France and French culture, was even a delegate to their version of Congress and so I'm sure he felt accepted by them and viewed that as a point of pride. He thought the French statesmen were his friends. However, he was snubbed by many of them when they didn't come to his funeral.

He was such a smart guy, but that part of his legacy makes me cringe a bit.

I'm from another African country, one that is predominantly Francophone but has an Anglophone minority which is where my fam is from. I feel like the Anglophone people are more "woke" if that makes any sense. But I could be biased lol.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps

Scientific Playa

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Championships
thought y'all may like to see this

Actor couple Chris & Damilola Attoh are parents to a bouncing baby boy Brian who they welcomed in August, 2014. To show gratitude to God for their son's life, the proud parents threw a party in Ghana today for the children and staff of Osu Children's Home, Accra. Pics continue after the cut.

Damilola & Hubby Chris Attoh Celebrate Son's Life with a Party in Ghana (Photos) | Nigerian: Breaking News In Nigeria | Laila's Blog

2878747_a_jpeg14a53cac5a312f3d1ad4980fec051d42

2878748_2_jpegea571676ce9b75b0730a5d56350ae93e

2878749_3_jpeg182845aceb39c9e413e28fd549058cf8

2878750_4_jpeg9679ccb5a92f650b83fcf29e0a6a6775

more photos

2878754_5_jpegddf9c9a45551e218c4018d5c53e9f6bb

2878755_6_jpegc57de7ffb63a04971dc3a933cf2f080d

2878756_7_jpegaba4c12c0307ac56aedf5e7b2dadf69b

2878757_8_jpeg4f84f02beb6427bc9a6d8d09d2376746

2878759_9_jpeg02519bfb266773f243fdef49420313d1

2878760_ab_jpeg4a95ab2a041c5c64c1b20c276709aa18

2878791_118217678738581127052411310730814n_jpeg5b9044c5c92c56c65d86df4f686d0275

1. Chris Attoh
    Actor
  2. Chris Attoh is a Ghanaian actor, on-air personality, television presenter and producer. He is best known as "Kwame Mensah" in Tinsel. Wikipedia
  3. Born: May 17, 1979 (age 36), Ghana
  4. Partner: Damilola Adegbite (2014–)

damilola adegbite - Google Search

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
It's interesting. European countries treated their colonies different and you can still see the effects from that on the country to this day. France pushed their culture on their colonies more, and viewed their colonies as an extension of France, England did not due that.

Also the first president of Senegal Senghor, he looooved the France and French culture, was even a delegate to their version of Congress and so I'm sure he felt accepted by them and viewed that as a point of pride. He thought the French statesmen were his friends. However, he was snubbed by many of them when they didn't come to his funeral.

Great points.

French colonialism was very systemic and aimed at integrating the locals into French norms and ways. They carried out massive colonisation programmes. For example, at the turn of the 20th century, Algiers was a majority European city. I'm not sure about Tangiers, Tunis and Casablanca but they were at least half of the city's make up.

They would then give certain families privileges thereby creating an elite indigenous group dependent on the Europeans for the maintenance of their wealth and power. This group was very pro-French.

You should see some of the letters sent by the upper class French educated black soldiers in WW1 dikkriding the French. Despite the French putting them in the areas where they expected the heaviest casualties :wow:

Sonni

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just returned from Senegal a little a week ago. I also visited another african country while traveling. Senegal is beautiful but definitely underdeveloped outside of Dakar. Dakar is such a cool city though.

He was such a smart guy, but that part of his legacy makes me cringe a bit.

I'm from another African country, one that is predominantly Francophone but has an Anglophone minority which is where my fam is from. I feel like the Anglophone people are more "woke" if that makes any sense. But I could be biased lol.
Compared to other francophone nations like Gabon, an elite in Ivory Coast, Senegalese as a whole have not been too culturally alienated. You must have witnessed Wolof is king language, it must be less than 2% of senegalese that even speak french at home. they call it ''lakke toubab'' which literally means the white man’s language lol. clothing, traditions, food except for maybe the baguette all of that is purely african. missionaries only managed to convert less than 5% of the population to christianity. the rest are muslims but what a lot of people don’t know is that a lot of senegalese were still animists in the 19th century and they converted to Islam as a sign of defiance to the french.

now its def true there was that extremely francophile elite like Senghor, Blaise Diagne but Senegal was I think the first french colony in Africa being the first black-african countries you encounter when you leave western europe by sea and their capital of french west africa. There were communes where indigenous senegalese were considered french citizens and thus able to vote before other regions more inland had even been conquered by the french. Anyway these days are over and the dinosaurs from these times are dying out. Senegalese don’t even migrate to France anymore. It used to be Spain and Italy before the crisis in these countries, but now 99% of the youth will choose the USA, Canada or Germany over France. Most important issue is like I said earlier open up more to the world outside of francophonie, more intra-african trade, more aggressive economic policies, get writ of the cfa etc ... Senegal is never the worst but rarely the best in socio-economic indicators. If it wants real progress Senegal is gonna have to keep trying to reduce that french influence route which is gonna cause problems with France sooner or later. When it will rebel they will try to sponsor or manipulate a rebellion like they did in IVC, Mali etc ... I guess that's the price to pay. Btw Wade did a good job in that object but under Macky Sall the french kinda made a comeback.

And I see you’re from Cameroon. What’s up with the Cameroon government closing down the panafrican Africa Media tv station because they were telling too many truths about the french dirty politricks in Africa ? They moved to Ndjamena in Chad now.

Also a friend from Cameroon told me Dakar is way more beautiful and developed than Yaounde. What do you think ?