Most let down you've been by a movie

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:nikkaDafuq: fukk outta here, the suits adding in Venom and the symbiote derailed and changed the whole film, the script was being re-written whilst they were filming :snoop:, it was studio sabotage at it's highest:snoop:. The suits knew Raimi didn't like Venom/The Symbiote(the dancing scene was him shytting on the character) , they knew that he didn't understand the character(hence the emo Peter Parker rubbish :snoop:) and that he didn't want the Venom/The Symbiote because it wouldn't fit into his series of Spider-Man films. Yet they still inserted the character into the film anyway because they wanted that damn spinoff :snoop:.

The film is a mess because there was a late change to accommodate Brock, The Symbiote and Venom into the story. It doesn't naturally progress from the previous two films, which is why we got the Uncle Ben killer Retcon, Gwen Stacy, An ungrateful and jealous Mary Jane and an amnesiac Harry Osborn :snoop:. It's all artificial. They then went ahead and removed a bunch of Sandman's scenes during post :snoop:.

However you reap what you sow, they had a good thing with Raimi and his Spider-Man films, they were making bank, but they shortchanged him and tried to do it again with Spider-Man 4 which has led to these :trash: reboots which are barely making bank and being out-grossed by X-MEN and Captain America movies :mjlol:. Franchise is now in limbo :russ:good ole fashioned karma :ahh:.

Soooo you're saying that EVERY single issue with the film is because of studio involvement and none of it had to do with the names attached to the screenplay or the director because you can accommodate Brock without retconning Uncle Ben's Killer and without making your two main characters into jerks and shadows of themselves. Again, if a studio forces something on you then you gotta make do the best you can and still make it work. There was a blueprint in place of how to do the symbiotie on screen and they chose to ignore that, fine but you gotta make the pieces work. Both parties are at fault but don't absolve that man. If that's how you choose to see it cool breh more power to you but that's now how it works. You said it yourself that he didn't understand the character well here's the thing: He's given 100s of comics that he can comb through that Marvel gives him access to plus a cartoon that he could look to or just pick the brains of comic writers who have worked at Marvel throughout the years. He chose to turn Peter into Travolta. If you give me an assignment to do as my boss and I don't understand it, I'm going to work my butt off to make sure that I do before I turn in my final project to you

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
1.5 billion between 2 movies is barely making bank?

The series also isnt in limbo. They have 4 more movies lined up. How is that limbo?

One of the writers is off the project (Orci and Kurtzman split up) and Kurtzman recently said that they're still figuring it out but they are moving forward with Venom and Sinister 6 but a Spidey solo movie is still being figured out so clearly they're stalled until they figure out a way to move forward. Each Spidey film since the first one back in 02 has made less than the previous one over time. And this one made less than ASM domestically. Now clearly internationally they're good but you don't want to perform like that domestically and have a mediocre critical reaction. Even if you're a fan of the movie you gotta look at the bottom line and see that it's not working with the mass audience so something's gotta shake

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
One of the writers is off the project (Orci and Kurtzman split up) and Kurtzman recently said that they're still figuring it out but they are moving forward with Venom and Sinister 6 but a Spidey solo movie is still being figured out so clearly they're stalled until they figure out a way to move forward. Each Spidey film since the first one back in 02 has made less than the previous one over time. And this one made less than ASM domestically. Now clearly internationally they're good but you don't want to perform like that domestically and have a mediocre critical reaction. Even if you're a fan of the movie you gotta look at the bottom line and see that it's not working with the mass audience so something's gotta shake
The writer no longer working on the series said that though.

Until Sony announces they've scrapped plans nothings in limbo. Cats are trying to make it sound as if the franchise is done based off some off hand remarks made by someone no longer working on the movie.

As it looks now I think theyre going to drop sinister six in 2016 then asm 3 in 2017 then venom in 2018.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The writer no longer working on the series said that though.

Until Sony announces they've scrapped plans nothings in limbo. Cats are trying to make it sound as if the franchise is done based off some off hand remarks made by someone no longer working on the movie.

As it looks now I think theyre going to drop sinister six in 2016 then asm 3 in 2017 then venom in 2018.

:ehh: Touche breh. But you and I both know that gossip leads to truth on the internet. And all of this started because one writer heard something from someone "in the know" and now it's taken off but the thing is, until the studio comes out and has something firm to say then this is what it is. Kurtzman said that Venom is coming first though so clearly they're shuffling some things and that's in an interview released yesterday or this morning.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Prometheusposterfixed.jpg
What a piece of shyt. Sad thing is, their really is a great movie in there. If only that idiot lindeolf didnt get to rewrite it.
You took my pick.
God, this movie pissed me off so fukking much. There was no reason for it to be as bad as it was.
My second pick would be:
XgLe385.jpg

Suffered the same fate as Prometheus in that the studio took a decent script and allowed it to be completely fukked up in rewrites.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
:ehh: Touche breh. But you and I both know that gossip leads to truth on the internet. And all of this started because one writer heard something from someone "in the know" and now it's taken off but the thing is, until the studio comes out and has something firm to say then this is what it is. Kurtzman said that Venom is coming first though so clearly they're shuffling some things and that's in an interview released yesterday or this morning.
Link to the interview?

Since I was a kid I've wanted to see a Venom movie. I'd never forgive em if they fukk him up.

Still got my Venom #1 framed on my wall

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
To me it only makes sense to drop the sinister six movie next. Asm 2 set it up, and really it would be refreshing for the franchise to do something different like a villain based movie.

If they try to drop asm 3 AND venom before the sinister movie people are going to have the same complaints because theyre going to have to cram in so much. I mean having to introduce the rest of the six in asm 3 PLUS having venom/the symbiote would be too convoluted.

Only thing that makes sense to me is do the sinister movie next introducing the rest of them then have it conclude in asm 3. You cpuld have the symbiote dark suit used to help him defeat them.

Then drop the venom movie after with spidey throwing away the symbiote and brock/venom.coming to power.

Then asm 4 venom/spidey conflict maybe introduce carnage?

In my head that makes sense.

Im curious their plans though.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
To me it only makes sense to drop the sinister six movie next. Asm 2 set it up, and really it would be refreshing for the franchise to do something different like a villain based movie.

If they try to drop asm 3 AND venom before the sinister movie people are going to have the same complaints because theyre going to have to cram in so much. I mean having to introduce the rest of the six in asm 3 PLUS having venom/the symbiote would be too convoluted.

Only thing that makes sense to me is do the sinister movie next introducing the rest of them then have it conclude in asm 3. You cpuld have the symbiote dark suit used to help him defeat them.

Then drop the venom movie after with spidey throwing away the symbiote and brock/venom.coming to power.

Then asm 4 venom/spidey conflict maybe introduce carnage?

In my head that makes sense.

Im curious their plans though.

No carnage no thank you lol. I know he has fans but I am not one of them. Venom is enough for me if we talking symbiotes. And I still want to see kraven

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Blair_Witch_Project.jpg

Me and my cuz was the only blacks in the theater listening to the audience squirm and squeal. Whole time we had the :beli:face

Last edited:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Daps
Soooo you're saying that EVERY single issue with the film is because of studio involvement and none of it had to do with the names attached to the screenplay or the director because you can accommodate Brock without retconning Uncle Ben's Killer and without making your two main characters into jerks and shadows of themselves. Again, if a studio forces something on you then you gotta make do the best you can and still make it work. There was a blueprint in place of how to do the symbiotie on screen and they chose to ignore that, fine but you gotta make the pieces work. Both parties are at fault but don't absolve that man. If that's how you choose to see it cool breh more power to you but that's now how it works. You said it yourself that he didn't understand the character well here's the thing: He's given 100s of comics that he can comb through that Marvel gives him access to plus a cartoon that he could look to or just pick the brains of comic writers who have worked at Marvel throughout the years. He chose to turn Peter into Travolta. If you give me an assignment to do as my boss and I don't understand it, I'm going to work my butt off to make sure that I do before I turn in my final project to you

I'm absolving Raimi because the film we got was the by-product of studio interference. Spider-Man 1+2 were critical and financial successes, the two films where he had creative control.

They had an organic script and film for the third and then changed it at the last minute :snoop: to accommodate a character for a spin-off that never saw the light of day :snoop:.

Raimi actually did read the books that featured Venom and in his eyes only saw a one-dimensional gimmick as opposed to a character that would be suitable for his films.

Next I'll be hearing how Jon Favreau was responsible for that trainwreck known as Iron Man 2 :heh:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I'm absolving Raimi because the film we got was the by-product of studio interference. Spider-Man 1+2 were critical and financial successes, the two films where he had creative control.

They had an organic script and film for the third and then changed it at the last minute :snoop: to accommodate a character for a spin-off that never saw the light of day :snoop:.

Raimi actually did read the books that featured Venom and in his eyes only saw a one-dimensional gimmick as opposed to a character that would be suitable for his films.

Next I'll be hearing how Jon Favreau was responsible for that trainwreck known as Iron Man 2 :heh:

Breh I said both parites are to blame. I know it's the Internet and shyt is black and white but there some things called gray areas and to me when a movie fails like that both parties are at fault. Bottom line. His hands aren't clean and neither is the studio. There were decisions they made that were bad and decisions he made that were bad so all in all they all contributed to a mess. It is what it is:yeshrug: I know he felt venom was one dimensional but that doesn't mean he had to inject his humor on how it would affect Peter. Or pull that retcon. :yeshrug: