Most let down you've been by a movie

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
Breh, raimi wanted the sandman character.

The sandman arc was just as horrible as the venom arc. I blame raimi just as much.
You can try to blame the studio but that movie would have been ass still with just the sandman and green goblin arcs.

The dancing scene and the extreme campiness is pure raimi. Thats pretty much his signature style.

As for amazing spider man, a huge chunk of that movie was what raimi wanted to do for spider man 4. Same villain and sub plots.

Nothing wrong with the Sandman plot...the problem was all the different storylines and shyt were thrown together...Venom shyt was embarrassing

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Nothing wrong with the Sandman plot...the problem was all the different storylines and shyt were thrown together...Venom shyt was embarrassing
The sandman plot was just as bad. At the end of a whole movie of fighting they resolve by just going :yeshrug: "Eh imma good guy looking out for my daughter lets stop fighting"

It was horrible. That whole movie top to bottom is atrocious.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
The sandman plot was just as bad. At the end of a whole movie of fighting they resolve by just going :yeshrug: "Eh imma good guy looking out for my daughter lets stop fighting"

Yea its stinks, but Raimi couldn't save what the producers did to him and the whole crew...He was contractually bound and has mentioned many times how that shoot was an abomination, so that's Hollywood fukking up everything

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
Lol at people naming movies that were clearly gonna be pieces of shyt.

OP really ended the thread with the first post. I cant think of anything that this applies to more than Prometheus.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Yea its stinks, but Raimi couldn't save what the producers did to him and the whole crew...He was contractually bound and has mentioned many times how that shoot was an abomination, so that's Hollywood fukking up everything
maybe its just that third film curse

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:russ:breh, it wasn't Raimi...read up on the movie's production...the producers were so heavily involved that they MADE Raimi add those extra characters and plot points...In fact, you can tell that Venom was a last minute add on; they had high hopes for commercialized money making, so they butted heads with Raimi the whole time during production, adding things he did not want

My man..I love you but this is where we are going to have some disagreements: Rami was forced to do it yes but directors are forced by producers often to do things and make sure things are in the movie so that's nothing new. BUT Sam and his brother wrote it, therefore it's HIS decision how he was going to include Venom and he could've written a much better story than he did. It was his choice to go with Topher Grace as Brock, his choice to have the symbiotie "effect" Peter the way it did turning him into John Travolta from Saturday Night Fever, and his decision to make Peter and MJ insufferable characters..not to mention his choice to make Sandman Uncle Ben's killer. Yeah the studio pushed stuff on him but let's not make it seem that St. Rami had nothing to do with the faults of that flick

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Good. let Spider-man movies die since they won't do the right stories the right way anyway

And I feel like they're adapting the right story but the issue is the angle they're approaching it from although I'm a fan I can still point out the flaws in it but we can have that discussion breh I look forward to it:obama::myman:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

Not to mention he had Peter forgive the man who killed his uncle and forgive himself, thus absolving himself of his guilt, thus he is no longer spider man. That's like Bruce forgiving Joe Chill and telling his parents he can't be batman anymore.......or like him taking 6-7 years off, going into retirement and then leaving the city with the woman who stole his mom's pe..oh:sas1:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
@Prodigal Syndicate and actually breh they wrote two scripts: One for a continuation of Rami's spider man and the amazing spider man reboot. Rami's part 4 involved the vulture, the black cat, who would've been the vulture's daughter, MJ and Pete having a baby and ultimately Pete giving up the webs