Most depressing sitcom ending EVER

Daps
I never watched a single episode of that 'David The Gnome' cartoon and I STILL refuse to watch the ending. shyt sounds too sad based on the description alone :to:

I'll bet it probably got sad-ass music playing and everything :sadbron:

Sad cartoon moments always get to me for some reason.....Fry's dog waiting for him in Futurama.....Odie almost getting murked at the pound in that one Garfield episode....the Tom and Jerry episode where the duckling almost killed himself just to make Tom happy, who he thought was his mother at the time.....

I can't do it, brehs :to:

LionofJudah

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think one thing people fail to realize about the Dinosaurs series is it was never supposed to be children's entertainment. Yeah, they commercialized the baby and what not, but the show always dealt with adult themes, situations, and it tried to include social and political commentary about different issues. Just because dinosaurs were the main characters didn't mean kids were the intended audience.

Brown Ant

Hunter-Gatherer
Daps
Reppin
a colony near you
I think one thing people fail to realize about the Dinosaurs series is it was never supposed to be children's entertainment. Yeah, they commercialized the baby and what not, but the show always dealt with adult themes, situations, and it tried to include social and political commentary about different issues. Just because dinosaurs were the main characters didn't mean kids were the intended audience.

:snoop: It was definitely for 'kids.'

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets

that is depressing as fukk

and it aired on Nick Jr

I can't front, I shed 3 tears after watching this. Things were all good until they showed the fox see them turn into trees. :to:

I thought, "it ain't gonna get me" :birdman: to :to:

I never even saw the show. How could they approve this for a kid show??!?!

LionofJudah

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0101081/

Family means it's for the children. It was also shown on a children's network.
Humor

Topical issues featured in Dinosaurs include environmentalism, endangered species, women's rights, sexual harassment, objectification of women, censorship, civil rights, body image, steroid use, allusions to masturbation, drug abuse, racism, peer pressure, rights of indigenous peoples, corporate crime, government interference of parenting, allusions to homosexuality, and pacifism.[8]

In the episode "I Never Ate For My Father," in lieu of carnivorism, Robbie chooses to eat vegetables, and the other characters liken this to homosexuality, vegetarianism, communism, and drug abuse.[citation needed]

In the final season, "The Greatest Story Ever Sold" (a take off of The Greatest Story Ever Told) even references religion when the Sinclair family becomes eager to learn the meaning of their existence. The Elders dictate a new system of beliefs, and the entire cast (with the exception of Robbie) abandons science to blindly following the newly popular "Potato-ism". Another religious-themed episode was "The Last Temptation of Ethyl," in which Ethyl willingly allows a televangelist to exploit her near-death experience to extort money from followers; she backs out after having a second such experience, where instead of heaven, she experiences a "place not so nice:" an existence surrounded by nothing but multiple Earl Sinclairs.

Several jokes in the series were at the expense of television shows in general. Earl often wants to watch TV rather than do something more practical, and several jokes accuse television of "dumbing down" the population and making it lazy.

Captain Action Figure shows up in children's programming that Fran mistakes for a commercial. Whenever Captain Action Figure mentions a product, the screen flashes "Tell Mommy I WANT THAT!". Before the appearance of Georgie, Dinosaurs used a puppet highly reminiscent of Barney named "Blarney" in two episodes. During his appearances, members of the Sinclair family commented on his annoying characteristics and failure to teach anything to children.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dinosaurs_(TV_series)

LionofJudah

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Like I stated, it was an adult show. Just because it's not Robot Chicken doesn't mean it wasn't an adult show. Kids watched Ren & Stimpy growing up and we all know about the stuff they put in that cartoon.

diggy

Florida Man
Supporter
Daps
Roseann was pretty depressng, Dan was dead for years and Roseann imagined the last few years
damn, didnt even know that, had stopped watching when they won lotto, which was kind of cool

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I can't front, I shed 3 tears after watching this. Things were all good until they showed the fox see them turn into trees. :to:

I thought, "it ain't gonna get me" :birdman: to :to:

I never even saw the show. How could they approve this for a kid show??!?!

David the Gnome was a favorite of mine as a kid on the old Nick Jr. Lineup. For some reason I don't remember this episode. shyt is kinda fukked up:sadcam:

CELL

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anybody remember that sitcom Dinosaurs from the early 90s?

From what I remember it was pretty funny, but damn, shyt had the most depressing ending I've ever seen for a family sitcom. I remember watching the last episode as a little kid like :wtf: damn that's fukked up. For anybody that didn't see it...

:sadcam:

Anybody ever seen a more depressing ending to a family friendly sitcom than that?

But it had a meaning to it breh, we're all in charge of our own worlds and it's up to us not to take nature for granted before we implode. Humanity is so intent on moving forward that we don't give a fukk about our own environment.

:wow: They don't make shyt like this no more.