Most black doctors are women

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
There are wayyy more black female doctors than male doctors, it's not even close:mindblown:. What's the story behind this gap :why:. Especially given the fact that medicine is such an important profession. This needs to change. Women are getting more degrees than men nowadays too (not just in liberal arts degree, either) :francis:. The future about to be a place with rich men at the top (executives etc.) followed by tons of women in middle management. The average brehs about to get left behind and eaten up by the next wave of automation :yeshrug:. For doctors 29 and younger nearly 70 percent of them are women :gucci:.

aamc-news-graphic-17-02-04-600-d.jpg

aamc-news-graphic-17-02-04-600-b.jpg

Source: AAMC Data Warehouse: Student Data and Applicant and Matriculant Files as of July 11, 2016. Presented in Diversity Facts and Figures, Current Trends in Medical Education, as Figure 19A, AAMC FACTS & FIGURES 2016 | Current Trends in Medical Education |.

Source: AAMC Data Warehouse: Minority Physician Database, AMA Masterfile, and other AAMC data sources, as of Jan. 22, 2014. Chart is compiled from data shown in Figure 5 in AAMC Diversity Facts and Figures: http://aamcdiversityfactsandfigures.org/section-ii-current-status-of-us-physician-workforce/

concise

Veteran
Daps
There are wayyy more black female doctors than male doctors, it's not even close:mindblown:. What's the story behind this gap :why:. Especially given the fact that medicine is such an important profession. This needs to change. Women are getting more degrees than men nowadays too (not just in liberal arts degree, either) :francis:. The future about to be a place with rich men at the top (executives etc.) followed by tons of women in middle management. The average brehs about to get left behind and eaten up by the next wave of automation :yeshrug:. For doctors 29 and younger nearly 70 percent of them are women :gucci:.

aamc-news-graphic-17-02-04-600-d.jpg

aamc-news-graphic-17-02-04-600-b.jpg

Source: AAMC Data Warehouse: Student Data and Applicant and Matriculant Files as of July 11, 2016. Presented in Diversity Facts and Figures, Current Trends in Medical Education, as Figure 19A, AAMC FACTS & FIGURES 2016 | Current Trends in Medical Education |.

Source: AAMC Data Warehouse: Minority Physician Database, AMA Masterfile, and other AAMC data sources, as of Jan. 22, 2014. Chart is compiled from data shown in Figure 5 in AAMC Diversity Facts and Figures: http://aamcdiversityfactsandfigures.org/section-ii-current-status-of-us-physician-workforce/

So when are you applying to medical school?

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
The gap between Black women and men will continue until more focus is placed on our boys. As it stands right now women in general regardless of race are more academically inclined than men. Throw into the mix all the distractions that Black boys have to deal with and you're going to see some uneven results.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
I don't think most America blacks care go to school to be a doctor. That's like women going to school for computer engineering, we know most don't really care for that field.

Most blacks I know going into Medicine are Africans, specifically Nigerians I knew some going into that field. I don't have the patience for it, I'm staying in my field construction and real estate.

Treblemaka

President, BYNKRadio.com (Retired)
Daps
Reppin
Black Empowerment
Most Black College graduates are women so this doesnt suprise me.

The long and short of it is Black Men do not have the postive impact we used to in our community. Some of that is systemically intended, some of it is weakness and ineptness, but its all cyclical.

Either way black boys get their power from Black men, when we have less positive influence in our community our Black boys (and thus by default our black girls) suffer.

Last edited: