Mortal Kombat 11 | PS4/XB1/PC/Switch | Out Now

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Kronika definitely didn't feel like the "big bad" in this game at all. I know that is what she was supposed to be, but Kronika just felt "in the way". I really liked that Dark Raiden and revanant Liu Kang were on opposite sides, but Dark Raiden went off the radar after Kronika emerged timelines in the original MK11 story. And here's why she was in the way: most of these events could've played out the same way and the same story could've been told without Kronika. I mean, they could've had revanant Liu Kang and Kitana discover the Keep in the Nether Realm and use the hourglass and the soul crown to attempt to erase Raiden from history, destroy the realms, and recreate history as they saw fit. They basically do what Kronika did, which is bring back warriors from the past including their own selves. And we still end up with the same original ending. Kronika was not needed.

Only way I see Kronika being necessary is if she is what Shang Tsung was to MK1, which was him working for Shao Kahn. Maybe she's working for another titan (One Being). I mean, even though she's a titan, she was just a keeper of time and needed the crown and goons to fend off mortals, didn't forsee Raiden combing with Liu Kang or the events of Aftermath.
They should've introduced him in this game since he was alluded to numerous times in MKX. I think the next MK game needs to be the final one and it needs to include everyone like Armageddon, that way they can put a final bow on the franchise and have the characters go against the ultimate boss in The One Being. I honestly feel like they don't have a story to tell anymore and i'd rather they end the series instead of further ruining John Tobias' work.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They should've introduced him in this game since he was alluded to numerous times in MKX. I think the next MK game needs to be the final one and it needs to include everyone like Armageddon, that way they can put a final bow on the franchise and have the characters go against the ultimate boss in The One Being. I honestly feel like they don't have a story to tell anymore and i'd rather they end the series instead of further ruining John Tobias' work.

I agree with them introducing the one being. It made no sense at all to create a new villain who likely won't be seen again after MK11. They did a good job revamping Shinnok though.

I don't see it as the end of a franchise, but MK has never really topped Shao Kahn or Shang Tsung as final bosses IMO. Quan Chi and Shinnok were dope, but they ain't really make them a real threat until MK9 and MKX respectively.

With the One Being, I think he could be around for a few games. Onaga deserves another shot too except he needs more abilities besides breathing fire and blowing air. They ain't even make him powerful. I mean, Shao Kahn had these shadow attacks, his war hammer, and weapons that made him menacing in MK2 through the Trilogy. Shang Tsung shape shifting in MK1 was crazy. Shinnok finally felt like a battle with an elder god in MKX. With Kronika, I felt like that boss battle with Cetrion in the Gauntlet from the Towers was how the end battle with Kronika should've been.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I agree with them introducing the one being. It made no sense at all to create a new villain who likely won't be seen again after MK11. They did a good job revamping Shinnok though.

I don't see it as the end of a franchise, but MK has never really topped Shao Kahn or Shang Tsung as final bosses IMO. Quan Chi and Shinnok were dope, but they ain't really make them a real threat until MK9 and MKX respectively.

With the One Being, I think he could be around for a few games. Onaga deserves another shot too except he needs more abilities besides breathing fire and blowing air. They ain't even make him powerful. I mean, Shao Kahn had these shadow attacks, his war hammer, and weapons that made him menacing in MK2 through the Trilogy. Shang Tsung shape shifting in MK1 was crazy. Shinnok finally felt like a battle with an elder god in MKX. With Kronika, I felt like that boss battle with Cetrion in the Gauntlet from the Towers was how the end battle with Kronika should've been.
I was never a fan of Shinnok but Quan Chi was always cool. The problem for me when it came to Shinnok is that he felt like a step down from Shang Tsung and Shao Kahn, and I think that NRS knows that he doesn't test well with the fanbase. The reason why I want them to end the series is because I don't want another MKX disaster, MK9 was great but its ending set MKX up for failure. I also don't like how Boon is so determined to change MK just for the sake of change. Street Fighter & KOF are 2 of the most popular fighting game franchises because they keep the rosters virtually the same with minor changes, Boon gets rid of fan favorites to force his new characters on people that are more miss than hit.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was never a fan of Shinnok but Quan Chi was always cool. The problem for me when it came to Shinnok is that he felt like a step down from Shang Tsung and Shao Kahn, and I think that NRS knows that he doesn't test well with the fanbase. The reason why I want them to end the series is because I don't want another MKX disaster, MK9 was great but its ending set MKX up for failure. I also don't like how Boon is so determined to change MK just for the sake of change. Street Fighter & KOF are 2 of the most popular fighting game franchises because they keep the rosters virtually the same with minor changes, Boon gets rid of fan favorites to force his new characters on people that are more miss than hit.

I really agree that they should keep the roster the same. Personally, I think it should be the MK9 roster with Rain, Quan Chi and Kenshi included. Then they could alternate between having the other 3D era characters be DLC. Like Havik, Nitara, Frost, Kai, Taven, Daegon, Mavado, Hotaru, etc. would alternate as DLC. I don't know if Kobra, Jarek, Shujinko, Dairou, or Kira have a strong enough fan base to ever be in another MK game.

I would not mind seeing Sareena or Chameleon/Khameleon in another game.

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
u3bdyuwg6k151.jpg

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Sindel has some great combo strings, but the inputs to pull them off are weird and you have to use a specific variation. I have encountered both cheesy and good Sindel players.

She is slow as hell and gets zoned out hard. She had good krushing blows and that’s it

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I really agree that they should keep the roster the same. Personally, I think it should be the MK9 roster with Rain, Quan Chi and Kenshi included. Then they could alternate between having the other 3D era characters be DLC. Like Havik, Nitara, Frost, Kai, Taven, Daegon, Mavado, Hotaru, etc. would alternate as DLC. I don't know if Kobra, Jarek, Shujinko, Dairou, or Kira have a strong enough fan base to ever be in another MK game.

I would not mind seeing Sareena or Chameleon/Khameleon in another game.
MK9 had the best roster because it was basically the MKT/UMK3 roster. I agree with your assessment about keeping the roster the same and just alternate DLC. Fighters like Kai, Havik, Sareena, & Kenshi have a big enough fanbase to where they should never be left off a game. I'm hoping all these Havik references in MK11 are a sign that he'll be added at some point.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
MK9 had the best roster because it was basically the MKT/UMK3 roster. I agree with your assessment about keeping the roster the same and just alternate DLC. Fighters like Kai, Havik, Sareena, & Kenshi have a big enough fanbase to where they should never be left off a game. I'm hoping all these Havik references in MK11 are a sign that he'll be added at some point.

I disagree, if every MK had the same exact roster with tweaks it would feel stale IMO. SF feels a lot different from iteration to iteration because they dont always bring back the same characters, even tho SF2 is by far the most popular roster.

That's a major reason Tekken feels the same a lot of times from game to game. Outside of the MK2 guys, I think nobody should be safe from game to game.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I disagree, if every MK had the same exact roster with tweaks it would feel stale IMO. SF feels a lot different from iteration to iteration because they dont always bring back the same characters, even tho SF2 is by far the most popular roster.

That's a major reason Tekken feels the same a lot of times from game to game. Outside of the MK2 guys, I think nobody should be safe from game to game.
The Street Fighter roster rarely ever changes, and that's because of the backlash they got from the New Generation disaster. Tekken has gotten criticized a lot too for not bringing back fan favorites like Jun or Bruce. The problem Netherrealm has is that they've decided that they only want a certain amount of characters in the games, and it comes at the expense of the fan favorites. MKX got a ton of shyt because of its pathetic roster, and it could've all been fixed just by making the story mode characters playable.

SNYC

Black American in NYC (yes, we exist 😲)
Daps
Reppin
BK & BX
Strongest characters in video games

The last Spartan - God of War - was able to navigate the same levels as Kratos and almost made it to the end

Cpt Anderson - Mass Effect - was able to get to the Reapers base with no armor and a pistol

Black cop - MK11 - calls Robocop for backup while holding it down with a 9mm