Mortal Kombat 11 | PS4/XB1/PC/Switch | Out Now

AJaRuleStan

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Killa Queens
It's funny seeing people on Test Your Might and shyt complain about this when this was in MK9 and it brings another layer of depth to the game.
I feel like people shouldn't compare this to MK9. For one it looks faster, but also the strings in MK9 really didn't have range like that. A lot of chars had to legit play neutral with d4 and d3 and use the advantage on hit to tag someone with their strings.

MK11 has MKX half screen type of advancing strings. Look at baraka f44 and his lunging command grab, or kabal b1, shyt travels a fukking grip. You would never really see range on shyt like that in MK9.

So my point is this, even though MK9 had dash canceling, the avg range for attacks in the game were designed to compensate for it which made walking in neutral still a viable option to counter being outranged. I worry with dashing like this in MK11, we could end up with a MKX type of meta where spacing was heavily constrained.

As a jax main, when I got outranged in mkx, most of the time I just had to concede the neutral game(or armor) and let the opp come in and get his mix up off and hope to guess right because if I tried to walk back, I knew I was getting tagged. It created such a stationary type of play.

Blackfyre

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm

7nZURGo.png

6unoGy2.png
xGKv3XA.png

SCJoe

All Star
Daps
I feel like people shouldn't compare this to MK9. For one it looks faster, but also the strings in MK9 really didn't have range like that. A lot of chars had to legit play neutral with d4 and d3 and use the advantage on hit to tag someone with their strings.

MK11 has MKX half screen type of advancing strings. Look at baraka f44 and his lunging command grab, or kabal b1, shyt travels a fukking grip. You would never really see range on shyt like that in MK9.

So my point is this, even though MK9 had dash canceling, the avg range for attacks in the game were designed to compensate for it which made walking in neutral still a viable option to counter being outranged. I worry with dashing like this in MK11, we could end up with a MKX type of meta where spacing was heavily constrained.

As a jax main, when I got outranged in mkx, most of the time I just had to concede the neutral game(or armor) and let the opp come in and get his mix up off and hope to guess right because if I tried to walk back, I knew I was getting tagged. It created such a stationary type of play.
I may be off, but aren't all the long range moved hella unsafe on block? Plus the wave dashing requires a block input so you could just hold block when I'm range on bs then punish it. MKX had shot like full auto Jacqui were you had to sacrifice like 20% health on block just got the chance to hopefully kill them in three mixups or get pushed back into the blender. They might get one shot off now and you are on their ass.

100Percent

Deviatin' septums
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Looks like wavedashing might be in the game

EDIT: Alioune also found a bunch of shyt when it comes to the input and shyt

I see people complaining about this but I like it. That slow footsies shyt sounds real good, and hyping it up makes you sound like an OG fundamental god or w.e but to me the movement felt a little frustrating when I played during the beta. Plus with zoning being as strong as it is in this game we need something other than walking in if you don't have a teleport.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
My thoughts on the story
The story was actually well done and it's a hell of a lot better than MKX. People who freaked out about Scorpion's death need to remember that Hanzo died, so Scorpion is still going to be around. I felt bad for Jax because he hot rock bottom after his wife died, and he's doing whatever it takes to make sure Jacqui doesn't wind up like him.

Shao Khan showed once again why he should always be the main boss. His mere presence makes any scene feel big time, and his love for Mileena was actually kind of:mjcry:. Shao & Kotal are pretty much evenly matched, and it really came down to who got the last hit. I commend NRS for recapturing young Johnny's complete a$$hole persona, when the 2 Johnny's were together you could see how much he grew.

I was actually glad that Kronika killed the elder gods, because they have been completely useless during these tragic events. Liu becoming a demi God didn't surprise me since he's the main character.

Current Sonya is definitely alive since Kronika rebuilt the Netherrealm temple. Rhonda actually wasn't that bad as Sonya. When young Johnny yelled that he'd tap that when it came to Sonya I lost it. I expect Liu to rebuild the timeline to the original MK1 timeline. I suspected it but now I know that Kung Lao has always been a jealous little bytch when it came to Liu Kang, the revenant Lao flat out said that it should've been him instead of Liu.

After seeing how things unfolded I actually don't have a problem with the current roster. I do hope that we get a kombat pack 2 that adds the forgotten favs. MK11 did a lot right to reverse everything MKX did wrong.

Last edited: