Mortal Kombat 1 (Reboot) 9.21.23, PS5/Xbox Series/Switch/PC

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Yup I feel like they really shouldnt do any Special Forces characters at all this time around and focus mostly on the Earthrealm/Outworld politics. But they got Johnny front and center again so :beli:
Yeah they've never done a good job of making the kano/sonya jax sub plot relevant to the overarching plot of the game, it's always been a bit of a distraction that never leads to anything. I guess you could say the same about the ninja plot but atleast it directly links to quan chi generally

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
Yeah they've never done a good job of making the kano/sonya jax sub plot relevant to the overarching plot of the game, it's always been a bit of a distraction that never leads to anything. I guess you could say the same about the ninja plot but atleast it directly links to quan chi generally

Yea Quan Chi is to the Ninjas what Shang Tsung is to the White Lotus, he manipulated Scorpions death, Bi Hans death and resurrection as Noob Saibot. Cant leave him out. Deadly Alliance to me was a doper concept than even Shinnoks return cause it highlights how manipulative they BOTH are. Put aside their rivalry to go crazy on the heros.

Lin Kuei/Shirai Ryu is engaging cause you got so many little side plots. Sub/Scorp and Smoke, Noob Saibot, the Cyborg Ninjas like Cyrax and Sektor, Frost taking over... its always gonna be a fan favorite.

Its crazy how I don't even fear Shao Khan like that anymore, I know hes not a big dumb brute but the MK11 version of him was cartoonish. Hopefully the General Shao/Reiko storyline brings back how ruthless the Outworld Emperor was

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Yea Quan Chi is to the Ninjas what Shang Tsung is to the White Lotus, he manipulated Scorpions death, Bi Hans death and resurrection as Noob Saibot. Cant leave him out. Deadly Alliance to me was a doper concept than even Shinnoks return cause it highlights how manipulative they BOTH are. Put aside their rivalry to go crazy on the heros.

Lin Kuei/Shirai Ryu is engaging cause you got so many little side plots. Sub/Scorp and Smoke, Noob Saibot, the Cyborg Ninjas like Cyrax and Sektor, Frost taking over... its always gonna be a fan favorite.

Its crazy how I don't even fear Shao Khan like that anymore, I know hes not a big dumb brute but the MK11 version of him was cartoonish. Hopefully the General Shao/Reiko storyline brings back how ruthless the Outworld Emperor was
Cartoonish how? He saw Kotal take his place and immediately went into kill mode.

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
Cartoonish how? He saw Kotal take his place and immediately went into kill mode.

He let Shang Tsung play tf out of him when this is the same guy that took Onagas throne through treachery. Shao is a threat cause not only is he PFP probably the best warrior in Outworld, hes a top 5 sorcerer himself along with Shinnok, Quan and Shang. Master manipulator too. shyt was tragic OG Shao used to put the fear of GOD in you but MK11 just made him seem like the dumb, angry beefcake bad guy. Shang is my personal favorite villain but Shao Khan needs some respect put on his name this go around

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
Sit out for what? They're OGs and this game is being billed as MK1. I think you're taking your frustration out on them because Reptile hasn't been announced yet:russ:.

nikka you aint tired of Sonya and Kano? They've been in the past 6 or so games. All the MK/MK II characters usually get benched every 2-3 games or so. Jax can stay because hes a brotha.

Last edited:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He let Shang Tsung play tf out of him when this is the same guy that took Onagas throne through treachery. Shao is a threat cause not only is he PFP probably the best warrior in Outworld, hes a top 5 sorcerer himself along with Shinnok, Quan and Shang. Master manipulator too. shyt was tragic OG Shao used to put the fear of GOD in you but MK11 just made him seem like the dumb, angry beefcake bad guy. Shang is my personal favorite villain but Shao Khan needs some respect put on his name this go around

The whole story of Shao Khan came to power by poisoning Onaga was always weird to me. Shao Khan's this powerful warlord, but he is reduced to poisoning Onaga. Then there's Onaga, who had an invincible army at his disposal and supposedly a powerful entity himself. He's also proven to ve crafty and deceptive, but he falls because he is poisoned by Shao Khan, one of his minions. Fast forward to Armageddon, and they at least have Shao Khan besting him in battle. MK9 at least had Shao Khan looking like a real threat in terms of the story. MK11, he was a joke.

That is why I never got the fandom over Onaga as a boss character. He's just this monstrosity of a character in terms of design, but was just never what Shao Khan or even Shang Tsung was in terms of a boss. Then he gets defeated by Shujinko. He only really becomes a threat IF he becomes the One Being. As Onaga, he was a let down as a boss character in Deception.

I would like to see what they do with him with updated graphics, but they need to give him new abilities, and make him feel like he's the ultimate MK boss that fans made him out to be.