Mortal Kombat 1 (Reboot) 9.21.23, PS5/Xbox Series/Switch/PC

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
MK11 is boring. They tried too hard to make a "real" fighting game and lost some of their identity

After a game like MKX, which was fast as fukk, you don't deviate from that and make a game where it feels like nikkas are fighting in mud

They also toned down the offense. You can tell NRS felt like MKX may have been too overwhelming for a lot of players so they dumbed it down. This is the reason a lot of pros have gone back to playing X. The fukkery is glorious:wow:

MKX is the GOAT Mortal Kombat game
It felt like MK11 tried to cater to tournament play with the slower gameplay and shorter combo strings. They wanted to make people play the neutral game rather than the rush down 50/50 mix gameplay from MKX. Basically tried to make it Street fighter.

Issue is that MK fans really like that fast paced kaotic gameplay, and the type of people who are into slower paced gameplay don't fukk with MK.

Personally I preferred 11 because it has the best version of scorpion.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It felt like MK11 tried to cater to tournament play with the slower gameplay and shorter combo strings. They wanted to make people play the neutral game rather than the rush down 50/50 mix gameplay from MKX. Basically tried to make it Street fighter.

Issue is that MK fans really like that fast paced kaotic gameplay, and the type of people who are into slower paced gameplay don't fukk with MK.

Personally I preferred 11 because it has the best version of scorpion.
That's exactly what they did.

They've been trying to make a "real" fighting game since MK9, and have made some strides, but MK11 went too far and ended up neutering what makes MK what it is at heart. So you have this situation where NRS catered to nikkas that weren't going to gravitate to Mk anyway

Nerfing combos hurt me the most because MKX has so much freedom for creativity. If you put your mind to it you can cook up some nasty shyt. MK11 you can feel the programming preventing you from doing tight shyt:mjlol:: :francis: I don't know why they even bothered having juggle states in this game if you can't even take full advantage of them

Also casuals hate long combos. But fukk them nikkas:manny:

I did like 11 introducing short hops tho

Last edited: