Mortal Kombat 1 (Reboot) 9.21.23, PS5/Xbox Series/Switch/PC

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
People get legit mad in this game if they can't launch and perform their out the box combos for 60 percent life. Shut is crazy. If you play the old school way with mind games people really hate it

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
Because he went to another timeline to manipulate himself. That was a new low.

Nah, the story didn't fall of the cliff at that point. The consensus is it fell off the cliff when the multiple timelines converged around the end of chapter 14. The titan Shang Tsung reveal was easily where the story peaked. Crazy twist.
-The reveal threw all the build up for the rebellion & impending war between realms in the bushes. The entire story was killed & shifted to the bullshyt, it was all downhill.

-It was like oh shyt it was Shang..... wait.... what the fukk is this bullshyt?

AllHolosEve

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
MK1 story is a mess. Wth happened to Edenia? Rain, Kitana, Sindel and King Jerrod are Edenians not outworlders. Shang Tsung is a human from Earth not an ourworlder, that is why he ages. Dem nikkas threw away years of lore into the bushes.
-Story is trash.
This isn't the same timeline and even in the old timeline, something like Shang Tsung being from Earth Realm wasn't 100% clear considering he fought on the side of Outworld.
-Shang was initially from Earthrealm. He was a traitor that fought for Shao for power.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
-The reveal threw all the build up for the rebellion & impending war between realms in the bushes. The entire story was killed & shifted to the bullshyt, it was all downhill.

-It was like oh shyt it was Shang..... wait.... what the fukk is this bullshyt?

There would have been no impending war or rebellion without Titan Shang Tsung though. He was puppeteer to new era Shang Tsung and Quan Chi pulling strjngs behind the scenes.

I do agree that the whole war between the realms was thrown into the bushes (but would this really have been a fresh take since pretty much every story up until MK11 revolved around war between Earth Realm and Outworld). Even in the new era, the other realms are present, but are neutral and not drawn into the conflict. Where are the champions from the other realms competing in Mortal Kombat. Again, we only got the Earth Realm champion facing Outworld. That isn't much different from every other MK game. I don't like the multi-verse thing, but it would've been interesting to see the war that was set in motion cause conflict with Liu Kang's new era. I didn't likeevery character being a titan from different timeline especially when Shang Tsung already had a squad of formidable villains in Dark Raiden, Dark Sindel, Dark Geras, and Dark Shao Khan.

If we would've gotten the war between realms, the complaint would then be, "how is this a new era when Earth Realm is being invaded like in every story since MK3".

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
People get legit mad in this game if they can't launch and perform their out the box combos for 60 percent life. Shut is crazy. If you play the old school way with mind games people really hate it

Bro shut up your ass who beats people who are just as ass or worse :mjlol:

AllHolosEve

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
There would have been no impending war or rebellion without Titan Shang Tsung though. He was puppeteer to new era Shang Tsung and Quan Chi pulling strjngs behind the scenes.

I do agree that the whole war between the realms was thrown into the bushes (but would this really have been a fresh take since pretty much every story up until MK11 revolved around war between Earth Realm and Outworld). Even in the new era, the other realms are present, but are neutral and not drawn into the conflict. Where are the champions from the other realms competing in Mortal Kombat. Again, we only got the Earth Realm champion facing Outworld. That isn't much different from every other MK game. I don't like the multi-verse thing, but it would've been interesting to see the war that was set in motion cause conflict with Liu Kang's new era. I didn't likeevery character being a titan from different timeline especially when Shang Tsung already had a squad of formidable villains in Dark Raiden, Dark Sindel, Dark Geras, and Dark Shao Khan.

If we would've gotten the war between realms, the complaint would then be, "how is this a new era when Earth Realm is being invaded like in every story since MK3".
-I don't even think they needed to do the war between realms in MK1. They could've resolved the civil war in Outworld, let bodies drop & rivalries actually happen. Have Outworld trying to conquer a different realm & Earthrealm fighters get involved for whatever reason. Each character had their story build up to an interesting point then it all got dropped for Shang. It would've been fine if the story was good afterwards but it just kept getting worse.

-It's just like Naruto. Ninja war going on & Madara out there.... then Kaguya shows up & the shyt falls off.

-They're stuck since this is a fighting game. They need to keep the same fighters coming back in each game but there's nowhere to go with the story. The multiverse is probably the only thing they could do now, they just did it horribly.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The multiverse is probably the only thing they could do now, they just did it horribly.

This.

I think they shouldn't have dumped all of this on us at once. It needed to be fleshed out over multiple stories. MK1 should've just stuck with dealing with the Shang Tsung problem i.e. eliminating Titan Shang Tsung's timeline. After doing so, it eliminates the entity manipulating the villains in Liu Kang's new era to cause trouble. They could have it so that Titan Shang Tsung was some sort of constant and by eliminating him, it threw the realms in disarray and left them at strife with each other, thus left everything chaotic. Enter Havik. The chaotic state of the realms empowers Havik and he becomes increasingly more powerful as the chaos grows to the point of becoming a titan himself. He becomes a new threat.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
-They're stuck since this is a fighting game. They need to keep the same fighters coming back in each game but there's nowhere to go with the story. The multiverse is probably the only thing they could do now, they just did it horribly.
The story should've been Liu Kang desperately trying to prevent history from repeating itself. That's why despite people's hatred of Kronika, I liked the idea of her being the catalyst behind every villain's origin. When it turned into the Shang multiverse that's when the story became garbage.