Mortal Kombat 1 (Reboot) 9.21.23, PS5/Xbox Series/Switch/PC

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
It was Titan Shang direct involvement that caused it Lui's plan was working :hubie:
It works until a better offer comes along. Of course Shang was going to take any offer that kept him from getting his ass kicked by townspeople, and Quan Chi was going to do whatever it took to get out of those mines. That was the flaw in Liu Kang's plan.

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
It works until a better offer comes along. Of course Shang was going to take any offer that kept him from getting his ass kicked by townspeople, and Quan Chi was going to do whatever it took to get out of those mines. That was the flaw in Liu Kang's plan.
The flaw was Liu Kang still being bitter about those two from the previous timelines. He could have made them both family men just chillen somewhere but instead he was like ":unimpressed:fukk dem sorcerers that broke my neck.... I'll stick them in the dirty mines and panhandling on the streets". Which is also weird that he had Shao Khan still being powerful and having the respect of Outworld as their general which wasn't much of a downgrade from his former "khan" position so Shao kinda lucked up.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

He could only alter their destinies and hope they changed, but both Shang Tsung and Quan Chi chose evil routes, but we didn't get much of Quan Chi's origin. Liu Kang never anticipated Shang Tsung manipulating another version of Shang Tsung and Quan Chi. That's a new low even for Shang Tsung, which made that whole story arc dope.

The flaw was Liu Kang still being bitter about those two from the previous timelines. He could have made them both family men just chillen somewhere but instead he was like ":unimpressed:fukk dem sorcerers that broke my neck.... I'll stick them in the dirty mines and panhandling on the streets". Which is also weird that he had Shao Khan still being powerful and having the respect of Outworld as their general which wasn't much of a downgrade from his former "khan" position so Shao kinda lucked up.

He gave them all pretty much the same destiny. The only thing he altered was they weren't exposed to the dark magic that made them powerful in the previous eras.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
He could only alter their destinies and hope they changed, but both Shang Tsung and Quan Chi chose evil routes, but we didn't get much of Quan Chi's origin. Liu Kang never anticipated Shang Tsung manipulating another version of Shang Tsung and Quan Chi. That's a new low even for Shang Tsung, which made that whole story arc dope.

He gave them all pretty much the same destiny. The only thing he altered was they weren't exposed to the dark magic that made them powerful in the previous eras.
Funny, Because the consensus seems to be that's when the story fell off the cliff. Also how is a master manipulator manipulating someone a new low? Once the new car smell wears off there's going to be a lot of questions raised about how this story was handled.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Funny, Because the consensus seems to be that's when the story fell off the cliff. Also how is a master manipulator manipulating someone a new low? Once the new car smell wears off there's going to be a lot of questions raised about how this story was handled.

Because he went to another timeline to manipulate himself. That was a new low.

Nah, the story didn't fall of the cliff at that point. The consensus is it fell off the cliff when the multiple timelines converged around the end of chapter 14. The titan Shang Tsung reveal was easily where the story peaked. Crazy twist.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Because he went to another timeline to manipulate himself. That was a new low.

Nah, the story didn't fall of the cliff at that point. The consensus is it fell off the cliff when the multiple timelines converged around the end of chapter 14. The titan Shang Tsung reveal was easily where the story peaked. Crazy twist.
The introduction of multiple timelines is what most point to as the downfall of the story. Titan Shang is the beginning of that story being told.

MrSpook

All Star
Daps
Tanya go dummy. Picked her up a couple hours after playing the game. I’m going crazy.

My biggest issue right now is raidens. I can deal with sub zeros, just guard the down mix start up and be quick with the up block for overhead. Punish immediately after.

Played a smoke and cooked his ass after figuring out catch to him teleporting. Once you learn the patterns block low for majority. If they’re blocking to damn much just grab, don’t be scared to ruffle their feathers.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The introduction of multiple timelines is what most point to as the downfall of the story. Titan Shang is the beginning of that story being told.

When Titan Shang Tsung is revealed, there were only two timelines. Neither knew of multiple timelines until Chapter 14 and that is when both traveled across the "multi-verse" recruiting titans from each timeline for the final battle that occurs in Chapter 15.

It was pretty much a given that two separate timelines were happening due to who everyone thought was Kronika interfering with Liu Kang's new era. Not only that, but many expected the story from MK1 to have a Liu Kang era vs Shang Tsung era story arc. Titan Shang Tsung was a given as the main villain as MK11 Aftermath set it up that way. No one suspected or even asked for the multi-verse where it was several timelines converging into one.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Although I liked Shang Tsung as the final boss, I felt NRS was lazy in making him really play like a boss. I thought they would've made him like Corrupted Shinnok in MKX where there would've been a playable version and then a non-playable boss version. Like, they could've made Titan Shang Tsung a little larger and brought back the MK3 dark tats around the white eyes. I also thought he'd have enhanced moves like how he could turn into a snake and drain life force like he did Jax in MK11 Aftermath.