Morgan State signs education collaboration agreement with Nigeria

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
The Jews do it all the time. There arew Jewish Universities, that send Jews back to Israel to learn about their history and Jews in Isreal come to America, it's a two way street to build relationships and connections with the youth, which is the next generation.
The US just cut a check for 38 billion to Israel. Let's not put anything cacs do for cacs compared to Black folks where on all sides, the majority is lacking.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Just a business transaction.
It used to be if you were rich, you could just bribe the right people in Nigeria and get a visa into the United States.

But because Nigeria's Boko Haram problem and the fact they've been bullshytting on implementing biometrics into their passport,
the US clamped down on all of that by implementing the travel ban. Scholarship and education are one of the few ways you can still get in.

Some rich Nigerians still want access to the United States, so this was just a move so they can ensure their kids and family can still go.
These scholarships aren't gonna be based on merit, they're gonna go the family and friends of rich, corrupt politicians and businessmen.
This post discounts the factors that lead to this agreement, though. You wrote it as though this was just a last ditch effort by elites to travel into the country.

The current president of Morgan, is forward thinking. Since he's been there,MSU has expanded their international reach, especially to West Africa.
Dr. Wilson receiving an award in Ghana in 2019.
AfricanEagleAward_4-1050x525.jpg
And it's all documented. There were agreements "Memorandum of Understanding" between Morgan and 16 Nigerian Universities over five years ago. I think MD has the highest Nigerian population in the country, outside of Texas. I'm certain that the largest HBCU in the state has a large % of Nigerian American students , and this helps to market Morgan as a destination for Nigerian exchange/study abroad students. This current agreement is an extension of the work that Dr. Wilson has done since becoming president.

Implying that it's just a loophole for elites to travel is misleading.

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
Most ADOS would rather go to PWIs which is why HBCUs are doing bad in general :mjgrin:

No, I do not think so. I went to an HBCU and I believe the reason why HBCU'S are doing poorly, is because when Black students graduate, there is no Black economy for them to enter. If the ADOS, had an economy in which would employ ADOS graduates, they would have enough money to donate back to the HBCU'S they graduated from. Those donations would help the HBCU'S.

Dr. Claude Anderson talks about the The Hierarchy of Black Wealth in PowerNomics. You have to have a strong Black economy ie. Business ownership first as the base.

hierarchy-of-black-wealth1.png

Furthermore, Black Americans or ADOS do not have any Black country to back us.

via: Southern California Black Business Expo » What Is The Black Community’s National Agenda?

Last edited:

ignorethis

RIP Fresh RIP Doe RIP Phat
Daps
This post discounts the factors that lead to this agreement, though. You wrote it as though this was just a last ditch effort by elites to travel into the country.

The current president of Morgan, is forward thinking. Since he's been there,MSU has expanded their international reach, especially to West Africa.

And it's all documented. There were agreements "Memorandum of Understanding" between Morgan and 16 Nigerian Universities over five years ago. I think MD has the highest Nigerian population in the country, outside of Texas. I'm certain that the largest HBCU in the state has a large % of Nigerian American students , and this helps to market Morgan as a destination for Nigerian exchange/study abroad students. This current agreement is an extension of the work that Dr. Wilson has done since becoming president.

Implying that it's just a loophole for elites to travel is misleading.

It's a business transaction like I said.
50 scholarships to go to the families of the Nigerian elite, so they can come to the US.

I don't doubt that the DMV large African population led to this link happening.
But it's money-motivated and nobody will really benefit from it other than the administration at Morgan and rich Nigerians.

This is definitely related to the travel ban though.
Wilson has been there since 2010, and this announcement comes no more than 3 months after Nigeria gets travel banned?

I'm not saying it's a bad thing though, because the HBCUs need the money. And African elites definitely need the education.

But seeing how evil the leadership of Nigeria is, I can't take anything they do at face value.

Bunchy Carter

Daps
Reppin
The US just cut a check for 38 billion to Israel. Let's not put anything cacs do for cacs compared to Black folks where on all sides, the majority is lacking.

Your talking this shyt down another path.

Bro it was Black people who negotiated the 38 billion over 10 years to Isreal. Susen E. Rice and President Obama, that money could have came to Black Americas for a portion for reparations.

U.S. Finalizes Deal to Give Israel $38 Billion in Military Aid

Last edited:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
It's a business transaction like I said.
50 scholarships to go to the families of the Nigerian elite, so they can come to the US.

I don't doubt that the DMV large African population led to this link happening.
But it's money-motivated and nobody will really benefit from it other than the administration at Morgan and rich Nigerians.

This is definitely related to the travel ban though.
Wilson has been there since 2010, and this announcement comes no more than 3 months after Nigeria gets travel banned?

I'm not saying it's a bad thing though, because the HBCUs need the money. And African elites definitely need the education.

But seeing how evil the leadership of Nigeria is, I can't take anything they do at face value.
OK,
on the current front page of the Root section,there's a related thread. Would be interested to to know if you have a personal take on the topic.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Is it a legitimate question, what about the Black American students.

Those seats which are being taken up by international students can go to Black American students. If we as an University is allowing you to take up seats that can be given to Black American students, are you going to allow Black American students go to Africa to learn?

Africans always say that Black Americans do not know their African roots/history, call Black Americans Akatas or other names, well you should allow Black Americans to go home and learn about their African roots first hand, while Africans are gogng to HBCU's.

The Jews do it all the time. There arew Jewish Universities, that send Jews back to Israel to learn about their history and Jews in Isreal come to America, it's a two way street to build relationships and connections with the youth, which is the next generation.
Black Americans don’t attend hbcus in high enough numbers to keep them open and solvent.

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH

First....that is called White Supremacy.
Second....How is the education in Africa looked at as inferior, when all STEM's came out of Africa. All of education was started in Africa. Not only are there pyramids in Egypt, there are some in Nigeria and all over Africa, that no body can explain.
Third....If the Nigerians would have allowed the Black American students to go over to Nigeria, maybe they would stop calling Black Americans Akatas
A lot of African people on this board have stated explicitly having to go to University again because jobs wouldn't recognize their degree take your head out of your ass and enter the REAL WORLD

Western nations do not take credibility in higher education from 3rd world countries this is a proven fact, I went through this when my mom made me reintegrate. They wanted me to repeat a few years I told :camby: and tested out and did a dual enrollment at a local college

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
there are black kids in Baltimore who can barely read, but they doing outreach to Nigeria.

:unimpressed:

Very unuanced, ignorant and unintelligent take.

This is all about of 2 universities collaborating together in an exchange of students and ideas

I am pretty sure Morgan State has outreach to young black kids to increase literacy

@Hiphoplives4eva

At first I thought you tackled breh too hard but as I wrote my post I increasingly because more aware of how idiotic @Stringer Cochran post was.

Bunchy Carter

Daps
Reppin
A lot of African people on this board have stated explicitly having to go to University again because jobs wouldn't recognize their degree take your head out of your ass and enter the REAL WORLD

Western nations do not take credibility in higher education from 3rd world countries this is a proven fact, I went through this when my mom made me reintegrate. They wanted me to repeat a few years I told :camby: and tested out and did a dual enrollment at a local college

fukk you....I do not give a fukk what you had to go through and the rest of these nikkas. No you take you head out your ass bytch......You decided to leave and come over to American, which is a fukking hot bed for White Supremacy, but then you want to complain.

Africa has all of those fukking resources, but you Nikkas allow the White Supremacists to control ALL of the natural resources in Africa. Africa should be a fukking powerhouse, no other continent in the World has as many resources as Africa, Africa funds the world.

If you nikka stop all that fukking tribal bullshyt and got on code with each other and kicked the White Supremacists out and take control. You would not have to leave your country to come to America, to have some White Supremacists talk shyt about your degree.

You nikkas want to sit up here and talk shyt to, but your fight is with the White Supremacists than ran your country down to the ground, which caused you to abandon you village and come to America, where they say your educational is shyt.

They do not tell the Asians who come over to America with degrees from Asian, the same thing they tell African who come over to America with degrees from Africa.....you know what it's called White Supremacy.

They do not tell Arabs who come to America with degrees from the Middle East the same thing.

Last edited:

BlackJesus

Spread science, save with coupons
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
No I'm not....Pan Africanism works both ways, Jason Black talks about that all the time.

The Black American students should be allowed to travel to Nigeria also and learn.

Learn what? What skills do Nigerians universities have to transfer to Americans?

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
That's cool and all......but what about the Black American students.

Is Nigeria going to help out the Black American students, so they can travel to Nigeria and learn.....it should be a two way street, where each side helps one another
so nigeria is using their tax money and giving it to morgan state university in exchange for educating their students and you want to know what nigeria is doing to bring black americans to nigerian universities? where is the logic in that? morgan state isn't giving out charity educations for you to be saying well where is ours in exchange.