Morehouse Students, Faculty May Protest Joe Biden's Commencement Speech

Seoul Gleou

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
How did black people become some passionate about this? Of all the things to protest, this does nothing for the community. I’m not saying we can only care about black stuff, I’m just saying the black organizations going so hard for this is crazy to me. And this is a terrible look politically. It makes it seem like the number one priority of black men is Gaza.
When WEREN'T black people passionate about this?

Israel is an apartheid state. Reminiscent of Jim Crow and Apartheid South Africa.

Asking why black America are passionate about this is like asking why the Irish and South Africans are. Because they see the same shyt that happened to them. It's called solidarity. If we stand by and do nothing what makes us any better than the cacs doing this shyt and the cacs that did this shyt to US.

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Everybody has cares about Black Americans opinion, that is why they always try to tie Black Americans into every situation. The reason is that Black Americans is the only ethnic group who has a moral compass and we do not have a history of treating other people poorly. Black Americans do not have a history of putting other people in slavery, Black Americans do not have a history of committing crimes against humanity, Black Americans do not have a history of committing mass murders against other ethnic groups and etc.
That’s not entirely true. When Black Americans established the country of Liberia, they treated the indigenous people very poorly for many decades. It’s one of the main reasons that led to the civil war.

King Poetic

A.K.A. Curve
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southern California
Biden still getting my vote .

And i will continue to vote left until i can get majority left in the Supreme Court, so shyt can actually change like student loans cancel and other shyt black folks need.

Im not sitting out to let Trump back in and the country really fall back and rates even more sky rocket. FOH

Then hear the same nikkas talking about how they was eating under trump the first time( which was a lie) complain with him in office

Consigliere

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The first 3 Americans who died in this conflict were Black. They were killed in a drone strike in Jordan. They were stationed there to protect Israel.

We are all involved in this conflict whether we want to be or not.

I could almost see a case for not caring if you removed our military support, money and weapons.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
People kill me acting like black people are obligated to be single issue voters.

Scaaar

Superstar
Daps
How did black people become some passionate about this? Of all the things to protest, this does nothing for the community. I’m not saying we can only care about black stuff, I’m just saying the black organizations going so hard for this is crazy to me. And this is a terrible look politically. It makes it seem like the number one priority of black men is Gaza.
It's hilarious when you think about it. Out of all things this is where the buck stops for black people? I told y'all social media has people in a choke hold even the ones that are supposed intellectuals. This war and opposing it is the trendy thing to do or say and people are afraid of not being included. I bet if you ask any of the protesters a specific reason why they oppose it or any ideas for a resolution they would freeze up or say the same social media talking points to try to moonwalk out of the spotlight

Scaaar

Superstar
Daps
Biden still getting my vote .

And i will continue to vote left until i can get majority left in the Supreme Court, so shyt can actually change like student loans cancel and other shyt black folks need.

Im not sitting out to let Trump back in and the country really fall back and rates even more sky rocket. FOH

Then hear the same nikkas talking about how they was eating under trump the first time( which was a lie) complain with him in office
Yeap then the kicker is they'll brag that's why they don't vote since nothing changes anyway..smh

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
We’re next. All countries are watching Israel to see what they can get away with in regards to their minorities. They definitely sharing the tech and data with the Orbans of the world

Daps
When WEREN'T black people passionate about this?

Israel is an apartheid state. Reminiscent of Jim Crow and Apartheid South Africa.

Asking why black America are passionate about this is like asking why the Irish and South Africans are. Because they see the same shyt that happened to them. It's called solidarity. If we stand by and do nothing what makes us any better than the cacs doing this shyt and the cacs that did this shyt to US.

Ok. But the resources, and energy in the black community are low. Us caring about other groups and advocating for them is why we have nothing. White men are in their position because they put themselves and their interests above everything.

I’m not saying I want to see innocent people harmed, but black American interests come first, and when it’s an institution as historic, and symbolic as Morehouse, black should be the focus, especially for graduation. In fact, the only reason Joe is qualified to make the speech in the first place, is because he’s president. Other than that, I don’t think there should be non black speakers at HBCUs.

And to compare what’s happening today to the conditions in the black community TODAY is grossly exaggerating. We have far more opportunity than them.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
It's just more ways to hold the current administration accountable.

Like I said before, this bullshyt with them standing idle during a genocide of minorities makes most minorities feel a certain way.

Underdogs always recognize the struggle.

Seoul Gleou

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Ok. But the resources, and energy in the black community are low. Us caring about other groups and advocating for them is why we have nothing. White men are in their position because they put themselves and their interests above everything.

I’m not saying I want to see innocent people harmed, but black American interests come first, and when it’s an institution as historic, and symbolic as Morehouse, black should be the focus, especially for graduation. In fact, the only reason Joe is qualified to make the speech in the first place, is because he’s president. Other than that, I don’t think there should be non black speakers at HBCUs.

And to compare what’s happening today to the conditions in the black community TODAY is grossly exaggerating. We have far more opportunity than them.
If you believe the resources in the black community are low, ask yourself why that is? Have we put ourselves first since Civil Rights? In what ways and how was policy enacted to reflect that after we vote?

I'll also ask, if Biden isn't putting Americans first, period, what are the odds he puts black Americans first? Joe went to the church black people were senselessly gunned down to campaign to make campaign promises. He got rightly booed for using black people's pain for false campaign promises and for being a hypocrite.

If Biden doesn't go to Morehouse, there are no protests. He is getting protested by everyone because everyone is, unfortunately, playing a part in the decisions he's making.

I'm not making a comparison of today's black people with today's Palestinians. I'm making a comparison to our grandfathers, grandmothers, and those before them that had to suffer the indignity of Apartheid and Jim Crow. We learned what it looks like to dehumanize people and subjugate them because we've been through it. To then turn our backs or prioritize ourselves when we know we're better off flies in the face of what those Civil Rights heroes fought for.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Daps
:skip:

We are not living like that in America. Stop this.

Our boys are not being trained to make bombs as teens. We are not being starved. We have access to food, and clean water. We have access to education, and jobs. How many Morehouse men live like people in Gaza? Nobody is standing at the city line of a black neighborhood, and keeping anyone there at gun point.

If you step off of MoreHouse campus and go to "the Bluff" what do you think the homicide rate is?

The Life expectancy?

The poverty rate?

English Avenue​

English Avenue is also one of the worst neighborhoods in Atlanta due to the high local crime rate. It borders Vine City and suffers from the same issues, including soaring crime and high rates of poverty. The violent crime rate in English avenue is 2,060 per 100,000 people. Some of the most common crimes in the neighborhood include assualts, robberies, and drug offenses.

What the fukk is wrong with you limousine liberals :why:

Daps
If you step off of MoreHouse campus and go to "the Bluff" what do you think the homicide rate is?

The Life expectancy?

The poverty rate?

English Avenue​

English Avenue is also one of the worst neighborhoods in Atlanta due to the high local crime rate. It borders Vine City and suffers from the same issues, including soaring crime and high rates of poverty. The violent crime rate in English avenue is 2,060 per 100,000 people. Some of the most common crimes in the neighborhood include assualts, robberies, and drug offenses.

What the fukk is wrong with you limousine liberals :why:

Can someone living there get good grades, go to college, and make something of himself?

Yes

Can Gaza teens do that?

No

Is the military shooting people in Georgia?

No

Is every black neighborhood in America violent like that?

No

Are there programs to help black Americans in poverty?

Yes

Are there programs like EBT, Section 8 etc in Gaza?

No

Those same black teens living in that impoverished, violence ridden neighborhood are on social media flexing. They can watch tv, they have wifi and smartphones.

This looks bad, not because we shouldn’t care about Gaza, but because we don’t address the problems in our own communities, or protest the people who are terrorizing those neighborhoods, which are other black men. Those same gang members aren’t going to stop what they are doing, because they get a check in the mail. They are attracted to that lifestyle. We even have black kids who weren’t raised poor who think street life is cool. It doesn’t take reparations to make ratchetness, and street violence uncool. It takes a shift in culture. We make the street life seem cool, then complain the government is keeping us there, then want to protest on behalf of a group in another country who doesn’t even like black Americans.