Morehouse Students, Faculty May Protest Joe Biden's Commencement Speech

Daps
How did black people become some passionate about this? Of all the things to protest, this does nothing for the community. I’m not saying we can only care about black stuff, I’m just saying the black organizations going so hard for this is crazy to me. And this is a terrible look politically. It makes it seem like the number one priority of black men is Gaza.

⠀X ⠀

Geoff
Daps
412dUjkR44L._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

thenatural

Superstar
Daps
I can't be mad at them voicing their opinion, but I have a hard time believing this is about the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and not about their belief that the administration doesn't focus on black people until it's time for re-election or MLK day, whether true or not.

Daps
How did black people become some passionate about this? Of all the things to protest, this does nothing for the community. I’m not saying we can only care about black stuff, I’m just saying the black organizations going so hard for this is crazy to me.

I care about it but I will admit it ain't my top issue. And Biden doesn't care because again, this is official US foreign policy and has been for 40 or 50 years, and guess what? This is one thing that him and President Donald J Trump agree on. President Trump said he's going to give Israel whatever they need to completely wipe out the Palestinians so they really gon be mad when he gets into office :mjlit:

:ufdup:But you pull that protesting foolery with The Donald if you want. We sending stormtroopers out there to bust heads. :birdman:

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
How did black people become some passionate about this? Of all the things to protest, this does nothing for the community. I’m not saying we can only care about black stuff, I’m just saying the black organizations going so hard for this is crazy to me. And this is a terrible look politically. It makes it seem like the number one priority of black men is Gaza.
Our tax dollars are going there.
And when we say we need social programs, we're told there isn't enough money.

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
I can't be mad at them voicing their opinion, but I have a hard time believing this is about the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and not about their belief that the administration doesn't focus on black people until it's time for re-election or MLK day, whether true or not.
It would be great if THAT were the reason why.

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter

It's propaganda, they know without Black American support nobody is going to care about what is going on in the Gaza strip.
So what they are doing is switching the narrative of Black people not supporting Biden because Biden has done nothing for Black people only to Black people are mad at Biden over the Gaza situation, which we are not.

It's just like how Kamala Harris speak at Bloody Sunday, when she started talking bout the War in Gaza:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's propaganda, they know without Black American support nobody is going to care about what is going on in the Gaza strip.
So what they are doing is switching the narrative of Black people not supporting Biden because done nothing for Black people only to Black people are mad at Biden over the Gaza situation, which we are not.

It's just like how Kamala Harris speak at Bloody Sunday, when she started talking bout the War in Gaza:

You see it,same way the jewish people came after us so hard for our lack of support. But you wont get most coli posters to respect the nature of the black influence. You have both the jewish and palestenians trying to get our support/cosign. Or trying to create the perception that we are mostly upset at Biden about Palestine:respect:

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL

Well I don't think the protesting would necessarily come from the Morehouse students. The staff is worried about the fact Biden being at the commencement might attract outside protestors.

As for Morehouse students, it sounds like they just view Biden coming as an act to fulfill a political agenda.

Dems are running out of time.

Last edited:

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
So what they are doing is switching the narrative of Black people not supporting Biden because done nothing for Black people only to Black people are mad at Biden over the Gaza situation, which we are not.

Are you tryna tell us that everybody all of a sudden gives a fukk about The Black American opinion? :gucci:

Its a portion of it, yes, but this shyt expands across society... yall gotta get outta this damn Internet Ass bubble. Or at least use employ some critical thinking.