monthly car note payment unappreciation thread

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
this.

i think the main problem is people buy cars that are too expensive for their budgets. car notes are not supposed to hurt. if you cringe everytime you pay your car note, you can't afford it. people also don't factor car insurance and maintenance as part of your monthly car payment. i have an account for JUST those things. i have a certain amount of money taken from my check every pay period and it's enough to cover car note, insurance, and maintenance. car note and insurance are on auto draft, so i never even see the payments. the rest of the money just stacks up in that account until i need an oil change, alignment, or any other maintenance done. it's a fool proof system.

i pay $398 a month for the VW (other 2 cars are paid off) and $288 a month for insurance on 3 cars (2 on full coverage and 1 on liability). the shyt gets paid with ease....:win:

Just because you can afford it, doesn't mean it's a smart financial investment.

50CentStan

Allahu Akbar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Ummah!
I'm paying $500/month and I'm not hurtin. I ain't got no worries! TUNCHI!!!

On the real though thank god for this Corporate Job.

Steve Piffler

I got them CERTS
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Just because you can afford it, doesn't mean it's a smart financial investment.

of course not. a car is not what i would consider an investment. do i need a car to get to work? absolutely. i live 35 miles away from my job and there is no public transportation in the suburbs. can i get by on my nissan sentra? absolutely. i didn't purchase my car because i NEEDED a car badly. i did because i wanted to drive and experience something nicer than my nissan sentra. i also made sure that i bought something this time that i could pay as easliy as i pay the light bill or cable bill, but still enjoy. i don't think that anyone buys a car with the intentions of making a profit from it. they purchase a car to enjoy and/or drive to work.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
of course not. a car is not what i would consider an investment. do i need a car to get to work? absolutely. i live 35 miles away from my job and there is no public transportation in the suburbs. can i get by on my nissan sentra? absolutely. i didn't purchase my car because i NEEDED a car badly. i did because i wanted to drive and experience something nicer than my nissan sentra. i also made sure that i bought something this time that i could pay as easliy as i pay the light bill or cable bill, but still enjoy. i don't think that anyone buys a car with the intentions of making a profit from it. they purchase a car to enjoy and/or drive to work.

I feel but you at the same time if shyt goes awry in life (and it does) it's better to have a paid for car on deck than something with payments. So I shouldn't have said investment but I just think having a note is a lot riskier than not having a note.

Steve Piffler

I got them CERTS
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I feel but you at the same time if shyt goes awry in life (and it does) it's better to have a paid for car on deck than something with payments. So I shouldn't have said investment but I just think having a note is a lot riskier than not having a note.

shyt can definitely go awry (i know from experience :sadbron:) so now i have 2 paid off cars on deck whereas before, i had 2 carnotes on deck :snoop:. so i agree, you should always have at least 1 paid off car in the stash. but why should i deny myself the experience of driving a nice vehicle (especially one that i can easily afford) because of what MIGHT happen? what if everything goes right and all is well? i tend to look at the glass as half full....:lolbron:

Azul

Sunkissed.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Comfort Zone
I owe about $4200. Would be done with payments by the end of the year but I'm about to just pay if off :blessed:

I love my car and I'm keeping it for a long ass time.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
shyt can definitely go awry (i know from experience :sadbron:) so now i have 2 paid off cars on deck whereas before, i had 2 carnotes on deck :snoop:. so i agree, you should always have at least 1 paid off car in the stash. but why should i deny myself the experience of driving a nice vehicle (especially one that i can easily afford) because of what MIGHT happen? what if everything goes right and all is well? i tend to look at the glass as half full....:lolbron:

I don't think you have to ride in a shyt car forever. I just think people should save for better cars vs taking out loans even if it means you have to save for an extended period of time. Nothing wrong with delaying pleasure.

ThumpDaddy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, AL
:ld: The car I had before this one I had for about 8 years. It was paid for, but as with any car it started having problems. It was cool until the transmission started slipping. So in 2010 I got me a 2008 Chevy Impala. It's not the best but it is reliable and I'm only paying $225 a month on it. I'll have it paid off this year. But once I had the taste of not paying a note, I wanted back A.S.A.P. :upsetfavre: I said that when I get another car that I pay a note on I want to have it paid off within 2 years of purchase.

Bam Bam

Mr. Baclava
Daps
Reppin
NYSea
breh im paying 470 a month + 140 in insurance so $610 a month :snoop::to:

Steve Piffler

I got them CERTS
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I don't think you have to ride in a shyt car forever. I just think people should save for better cars vs taking out loans even if it means you have to save for an extended period of time. Nothing wrong with delaying pleasure.

true, but my car was 22k, and if i actually save up 22k, i CERTAINLY won't drop that kind of bread in 1 chunk on a car.....but that's just me....:manny:

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
true, but my car was 22k, and if i actually save up 22k, i CERTAINLY won't drop that kind of bread in 1 chunk on a car.....but that's just me....:manny:

LMAO! but you'd borrow that much, plus interest? That shyt is crazy to me.

I just plan on saving $10k and getting the best car I can.:yeshrug:

And you'll find a good car too and have a lot more bargaining power. People still like cash.

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
I have paid off 2 car loans in my lifetime. Not looking forward to it again.

Prado210

She's into malaka's, dino.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I remember paying off my 02' Monte Carlo, then not even a week later some stupid hoe ran a red light and totaled my shyt. And I saw that shyt happening too, but I had to much momentum and we were gonna hit each other reguardless. Fuk her. Got me a 12' Malibu I won't finish paying for another 3 yrs.