monthly car note payment unappreciation thread

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
And the worst is when you try to sell that shyt after and you barely 60% of what you paid.
Thats why I cant do loans man. If at the very least if you NEED to get a loan for a car make sure you can add $100 a month to start eating away at that interest ASAP.

LOL @ a 72 month loan and paying all that interest for something depreciating in value the minute you drive off the lot.

The Bilingual Gringo

Tucked in to the socks
Supporter
Daps
I hate it as well. I'm trying to pay it off early, but it's a pain in the ass. I've got like 2 more years left.

Nemesis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
would never ever ever get a car on finance.....

my brother traded in his Porsche for a range rover sport and still had to pay about $650 a month..... hell no

I would rather drive a rust bucket than buy a car I have to pay for over 3 years

Kayta

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My inlaws bought a new car in Sept 2009 5 year financing and just refinanced a couple of months ago for 5 more years to save $100 a month.

Couldn't be me.. I vowed never to have another car payment 7 years ago and I'm sticking to it. Although my heart skips a beat every time I see a Flex.. lol

jfkennedy

Best After Bobby
Daps
would never ever ever get a car on finance.....

my brother traded in his Porsche for a range rover sport and still had to pay about $650 a month..... hell no

I would rather drive a rust bucket than buy a car I have to pay for over 3 years

I was driving a rust bucket and was fine with it until it broke down for like the 4th time in a year. So I said fukk it and got a new(er) car. Paying $274 a month. Eh.

I do like the peace of mind that I have a 4-year warranty. The door works on this one (my old cars driver side door was broken). No constant fear of it stopping on me.

And the first time I went to pick up the girl I'm talking to in this car was :krs: after driving the old one for 6 years.

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
Don't have a car note and haven't for prob 5 years. shyt was real sweet until car started acting up :(

Car note in my future smh

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps
i lease both my cars. i like the idea of being able to give them back after 3 years w no commitments :manny:

also, i'm always under on mileage and put such minimal wear and tear on em i just ask for dealer buyout when the lease is almost over and there's almost always equity left in the car versus where the leasing company sets the residual.

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX

Is he talking about strictly buying, leasing or making monthly payments?

The article looks like he's talking about just buying. So he's basically advocating paying cash for a car that's 10% of your income? I'm guessing the average income is somewhere around 30k, so people on average should be buying a 3k car? His chart says on average people should be using public transportation or buying the worst of the worst used cars.

That kind of advice is one of the main reasons I currently have an unreliable car that needs constant work/repairs/$$.

Nemesis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was driving a rust bucket and was fine with it until it broke down for like the 4th time in a year. So I said fukk it and got a new(er) car. Paying $274 a month. Eh.

I do like the peace of mind that I have a 4-year warranty. The door works on this one (my old cars driver side door was broken). No constant fear of it stopping on me.

And the first time I went to pick up the girl I'm talking to in this car was :krs: after driving the old one for 6 years.

I hear you....I havent driven a rust bucket since I first learnt to drive.... but If I couldnt afford to pay flat out I would get something I could afford...

paying a mortgage is bad enough but at least 9 times out of 10 a house will appreciate in value over time, i just cant get my head around paying monthly for a car

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
$4990 left and anywhere between 4-5 months left before I pay it off. I was shooting for end of June but things came up.

Steve Piffler

I got them CERTS
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I took a payment for the car that i'm driving... It sucks having to pay 400 a month for an extended amount of time.

But honestly as soon as I hop in and smell that leather, hear that nice and firm door shut, and push that start button...has me like :jawalrus:

Some people dont care about cars so for them paying monthly is an L just to get from A to B.. but for me, its an experience.

this.

i think the main problem is people buy cars that are too expensive for their budgets. car notes are not supposed to hurt. if you cringe everytime you pay your car note, you can't afford it. people also don't factor car insurance and maintenance as part of your monthly car payment. i have an account for JUST those things. i have a certain amount of money taken from my check every pay period and it's enough to cover car note, insurance, and maintenance. car note and insurance are on auto draft, so i never even see the payments. the rest of the money just stacks up in that account until i need an oil change, alignment, or any other maintenance done. it's a fool proof system.

i pay $398 a month for the VW (other 2 cars are paid off) and $288 a month for insurance on 3 cars (2 on full coverage and 1 on liability). the shyt gets paid with ease....:win: