Monster Hunter: World | PS4/XB1/PC | Out Now

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Can we get a coli tutorial for all the systems in the game.

So many numbers/meters/collectibles the shyts almost incomprehensible.

How/why cooking and fishing?
How/why capture monsters instead of killing them?
How/why/where do you get ammo/kinsects/etc.?
Seems like there's town building but maybe not?
Why upgrade/craft and when?
Any other systems I'm missing?

I'm just out killing shyt have not even touched upgrades or anything else cause it's all too overwhelming.

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
Almost feel like I'm cheating going back to the charge blade :pachaha: I like trying different weapons so was playing around with the Hammer/Katana/Light Bow Gun for the Barroth quest and failed miserably. Gave the Charge Blade a go again and whooped his ass on sight.

Got 3 other random players to join my quest for Tobi Kadachi. We finally get to him and all of a sudden the Deebo of MHW, Anjanath Da Gawd, comes out of the cut and starts bodying this nikka Tobi.

We all had to fall back and watch but it was also a prime opportunity to gang up on the Bird. Everyone starts beating on him while trying to avoid 'Nath. shyt was crazy. Dudes were mounting his ass and everything. Finally got him to fly away somewhere else so we could finish his ass without worry of the T-Rex. :whew:

Game is all sorts of fun brehs. Glad I copped it. Probably the first game I've known absolutely nothing about and bought it based off a commercial :dead: :dead:

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
I got screenshots of anjanath getting fukked up by 2 dragons and somehow it lived.

Had me hiding behind a tree like "I seent it, I seent the whole thing!!"
tumblr_inline_nw3dmna5PB1tvqg0b_500.gif

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Put in another hour after work today, killed Barroth with one minute left on the clock.

I need to stop getting over eager, I'm forgetting to sharpen my weapon between areas when the monsters run away

I can see the appeal of having the game portable. I'd be balls deep in this thing if I could take it on the go

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Put in another hour after work today, killed Barroth with one minute left on the clock.

I need to stop getting over eager, I'm forgetting to sharpen my weapon between areas when the monsters run away

I can see the appeal of having the game portable. I'd be balls deep in this thing if I could take it on the go
Barroth isn't a hard fight, just really annoying and he's pretty much designed to punish people who get a little too aggressive. Once you break his armor and learn his tells, he's a chump.

That a$$hole in the swamp though :francis: on home turf, he's a problem early in the game.

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
Barroth isn't a hard fight, just really annoying and he's pretty much designed to punish people who get a little too aggressive. Once you break his armor and learn his tells, he's a chump.

That a$$hole in the swamp though :francis: on home turf, he's a problem early in the game.

First time I encountered that slippery, muddy swamp b*stard, A damn Barroth came through and got all in the damn way :martin:

anyway finally beat that Anjanath a$$hole:ahh:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

Just beat him, wasn't that bad :whew:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Crafted some of my first armor. A random set of some shyt based off the materials i had. Is there any benefit in having a full set of the same armor?

I'm gonna wait till I really decide which weapon I'm gonna use before I craft/upgrade a weapon.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I thought I was hot shyt. Kirin laid me the fukk out for 30 minutes straight :dead::dead: my little pony plays no fukking games. I didn't even know how to attack it.

Crafted some of my first armor. A random set of some shyt based off the materials i had. Is there any benefit in having a full set of the same armor?

I'm gonna wait till I really decide which weapon I'm gonna use before I craft/upgrade a weapon.
Full sets don't really matter until a bit later in the game. They'll make it clear how they're special too.
Can we get a coli tutorial for all the systems in the game.

So many numbers/meters/collectibles the shyts almost incomprehensible.

How/why cooking and fishing?
How/why capture monsters instead of killing them?
How/why/where do you get ammo/kinsects/etc.?
Seems like there's town building but maybe not?
Why upgrade/craft and when?
Any other systems I'm missing?

I'm just out killing shyt have not even touched upgrades or anything else cause it's all too overwhelming.
Fishing is whatever. I don't even bother. Cooking though gives you all kinds of buffs - the 'ingredients' don't really matter all that much, but if you see those special cactuses, strange fruits, etc around those collection points count towards it. For harder monsters, you might really need to consider not leaving the camp/canteen without food.

Capturing gives you waaaaaaaaay more materials than normal. To do it, beat a monster down til they start limping and their map icon has a blinking skull on top of it. Then hit it with a trap (shock trap is easiest) - just lay it at their feet or in their path. Once it's stuck, just throw 1-2 tranq bombs at its feet and it should be done simple as that.

Ammo is only for weapons that use it. Kinsects are for the glaive. Both of those weapons have their own system for it - and I've never used either so I can't really detail much else besides that. I know bow gets crazy and glaive is really dependent on how well you time attacks from all angles.

I wouldn't call it 'building', but a lot more features open up as you do quests and progress the story.

Upgrade when you can, but most of the Rarity 1 - 2 stuff isn't even worth it. Early on the main focus should be on the skills that can help you most. As for weapons, always - but make sure to note if you're using an elemental weapon or not. You don't want to take a fire weapon against a fire monster for example, life gets way more complicated if you do.

There's the research stuff, basically just check in with the NPC in town and they'll give you new info and stuff after you've racked up enough points for a specific monster.

There's really a ton of shyt still, and I'm just getting the hang of it now myself.

edit: oh yeah, regarding weapons - feel free to upgrade those pretty liberally. you can walk back upgrades early on in the game so you can test different brances

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Breh, just upgrade shyt fright now. You gonna get so good at carving up monsters that you can get the materials for a new weapon in no time until you start getting to real high level shyt.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I thought I was hot shyt. Kirin laid me the fukk out for 30 minutes straight :dead::dead: my little pony plays no fukking games. I didn't even know how to attack it.

Full sets don't really matter until a bit later in the game. They'll make it clear how they're special too.

Fishing is whatever. I don't even bother. Cooking though gives you all kinds of buffs - the 'ingredients' don't really matter all that much, but if you see those special cactuses, strange fruits, etc around those collection points count towards it. For harder monsters, you might really need to consider not leaving the camp/canteen without food.

Capturing gives you waaaaaaaaay more materials than normal. To do it, beat a monster down til they start limping and their map icon has a blinking skull on top of it. Then hit it with a trap (shock trap is easiest) - just lay it at their feet or in their path. Once it's stuck, just throw 1-2 tranq bombs at its feet and it should be done simple as that.

Ammo is only for weapons that use it. Kinsects are for the glaive. Both of those weapons have their own system for it - and I've never used either so I can't really detail much else besides that. I know bow gets crazy and glaive is really dependent on how well you time attacks from all angles.

I wouldn't call it 'building', but a lot more features open up as you do quests and progress the story.

Upgrade when you can, but most of the Rarity 1 - 2 stuff isn't even worth it. Early on the main focus should be on the skills that can help you most. As for weapons, always - but make sure to note if you're using an elemental weapon or not. You don't want to take a fire weapon against a fire monster for example, life gets way more complicated if you do.

There's the research stuff, basically just check in with the NPC in town and they'll give you new info and stuff after you've racked up enough points for a specific monster.

There's really a ton of shyt still, and I'm just getting the hang of it now myself.

edit: oh yeah, regarding weapons - feel free to upgrade those pretty liberally. you can walk back upgrades early on in the game so you can test different brances
Thanks.

+rep.

My only question is.

You said to concentrate on skills early on. How do you upgrade skills? I have not seen anything about upgrading skills.

Daps
Reppin
NULL

Not at the beginning but when you get to the next set of armor's there will be bonus skills you'll be able to receive if you wear the full set of the same armor.