Mo'Nique on Hollywood | CLUB SHAY SHAY

The Pledge

THE PRICE OF THE BRICK GOING UP!
Daps
Of course she's never done anything wrong. :childplease:

Ultimate victims, but strong at the same time. :camby:
Nah breh. If a mother fukker cost me $20 million+ OFF A fukkING LIE, there’s nothing more wrong than that.

It’s up there forever. :pacspit:

y’all would crash out with someone over 20 stacks :unimpressed:

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
And if Oprah thought shyt died down after the color purple shyt she got another thing coming
Lowkey it almost feels like Oprah is on track to have a fall off

Eddie griffin did say black entertainers don’t leave clean

And Them never land documentaries and Harvey Weinstein being her man’s nem might not save her

Daps
Any black person, man or woman, who speaks up about how we are treated and undervalued is looked at as difficult. You can say it like Jay Z at the Grammys or Kanye did with George Bush (nervously) or you can say it like Monique, Corey Holcomb and others and you’ll be labeled the same.
Has anyone ever mentioned how Viola Davis is difficult to work with? No. Monique is difficult to work with, and seems to have a terrible attitude. Plus, calling people out makes others not want to work with you. The industry is small. You have to form relationships with people. She never formed a good relationship with a director who wanted to keep casting her.

As far as Jay Z, I think he did it in a very classy, and tactful manner. But let’s not act like Beyoncé hasn’t won all kinds of awards, all kinds of accolades, had endorsements, movies, sold out more stadiums than Taylor Swift, etc. She has never been undervalued, and this is after her second Super Bowl performance, which was very pro black.

Monique just isn’t as valuable as she thought she was. Winning an Oscar doesn’t make you A-list anymore. How often are we seeing Marion Cottilard? She has an Oscar. Do you want to know who else has a reputation for being difficult? Mariah Carey. She still works.

El Poyo Loco

Akrassikauda = Black Scorpion
Daps
Reppin
The 5 Boroughs
Nah breh. If a mother fukker cost me $20 million+ OFF A fukkING LIE, there’s nothing more wrong than that.

It’s up there forever. :pacspit:

y’all would crash out with someone over 20 stacks :unimpressed:

That's exactly what she said at the end and fools still don't get it. She abided 100% of her contract and didn't want to do anything outside that contract for free and they black balled her and the only one who apologized to her was Lee Daniels.

jshani

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Col, GA
Shannon be acting like #unbreakablebond didn’t happen last summer.

nikka had him court side and everything :mjlol:
In 2024....anybody that attacks him about that will probably get it worse

He's more likely to get hemmed up behind some of those stories he be telling about women on Nightcap

Wig Twistin Season

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Has anyone ever mentioned how Viola Davis is difficult to work with? No. Monique is difficult to work with, and seems to have a terrible attitude. Plus, calling people out makes others not want to work with you. The industry is small. You have to form relationships with people. She never formed a good relationship with a director who wanted to keep casting her.

As far as Jay Z, I think he did it in a very classy, and tactful manner. But let’s not act like Beyoncé hasn’t won all kinds of awards, all kinds of accolades, had endorsements, movies, sold out more stadiums than Taylor Swift, etc. She has never been undervalued, and this is after her second Super Bowl performance, which was very pro black.

Monique just isn’t as valuable as she thought she was. Winning an Oscar doesn’t make you A-list anymore. How often are we seeing Marion Cottilard? She has an Oscar. Do you want to know who else has a reputation for being difficult? Mariah Carey. She still works.

I can respond later, but just off rip if her show was in syndication and her list of awards including an Oscar is this long (see below)… Her Amy Schumer story sums it up breh. You even said it in so many words about Mariah… Certain looking people don’t get to be difficult and still work. You can look up how many difficult white and light actors keep getting work.

:sas2:

*she’s won 65% of the awards she’s been nominated for

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
False. Will Smith can show you all the back door dikk sucking in the world can’t protect you when you go too far.

Kevin Hart almost got canceled also. People forget.

All that smiling doesn’t give you free rein. You still have to play by their rules.

The entertainment business is about relationships.
what I find crazy is people acting like Monique and katt williams own actions did not hurt them
they get to blame people that made good ones

Wig Twistin Season

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
The entertainment business is about relationships.
what I find crazy is people acting like Monique and katt williams own actions did not hurt them
they get to blame people that made good ones
I agree with the relationship part, not the do anything you want part (if you’re black).