Mo'Nique on Hollywood | CLUB SHAY SHAY

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Her side, the other people's side, and the truth is somewhere in there.

This.

Not even saying she lying. But telling all of the truth/details? Sorry, but I'm don't take anyone of these people's words as gospel. Be burned too many times with believing their shyt only to look dumb when all of the truth came out.

My takeaways

- Oprah been shady
- Tyler is cheap
- both of the above should be exposed if she has evidence of them talkin bad about her to other producers/directors
- her husband still a bozo
- that Oscar don't automatically mean you should be making bank
- burning bridges in an industry predicated on networking and playing the game is dumb
- people continue to lack accountability
- she has an overinflated idea of her worth
- She's shady herself and I don't believe she's giving all the details of what she did.
- being jealous and envious of others who made it and you didn't is just sour grapes as usual
- Hollywood is not a merit industry, especially for nikkaz

Remy LeBreh

Linconia
Daps
Reppin
CLB/CLE/ALB
That's like a month or 2 of ads with daily showings homey. Show productions are literally financed by the ads they sell.
Ad space on the CW or whatever during prime time doesn't cost nearly that much, much less whenever The Parkers reruns would air. Y'all acting like the Parkers has been running during the Super Bowl all these years :heh:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
:dead:

If you got that mindset your employer must love you. Gah damm :dead:
Im realistic of my worth and make it a point to never burn bridges. I've come across so many people in my life only to cross paths with them years later.

Go down the list of Oscar Winners and you'll see why I said what I said, especially supporting actress winners. They are stars but most are not commanding 8 figure salaries and of course they are white.

Relationships and maintaining healthy ones >>>> that trophy

Last edited:

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
The truth about WHAT ngga. I done asked 8 times nobody can actually pinpoint an actionable tangible item.

Are you asking did they not hire her?? Uh, yea. Yes, that’s correct Tyler Perry did not hire Monique :heh: …?!?!? Like is that it??

“Oprah overstepped” is that true? :jbhmm:????? What does that even mean

Nggas can’t give specifics bc ain’t none. That’s the new age Katt Williams world we in just shake the table make noise.

Overstepped !!!

Braman

Superstar
Daps

From the comments:

Based on the interview her issue wasn’t her brother being interviewed. Oprah called her about that and she gave the go ahead, she just wasn’t gonna be on the show. The issue was she brought the rest of the family and Oprah didn’t tell her about that

Not doing a good job at disproving my point. Light on specifics, light on context, high on the loud and angry

If her gripe was interviewing the brother I’d understand, but it’s not even that. She mad about some auxiliary stuff. Nggas chattin

Last edited:

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Im realistic of my worth and make it a point to never burn bridges. I've come across so many people in my life only to cross paths with them years later
Go down the list of Oscar Winners and you'll see why I said what I said, especially supporting actress winners

They are stars but most are not commanding 8 figure salaries and they are white.

Relationships and maintaining healthy ones >>>> that trophy

Asking for proper compensation ain't burning bridges!

fukk that, I done leveraged success in a position for more compensation I deemed proper at every position!

She won an Oscar while making peanuts so asking to get paid right wasn't even that big of a transition. It wasn't like she was already making big and then asking for an amount that no one makes.

TaxCollector13459

2018 Coli Rookie of the Year
Daps
I always heard that scripts were written for certain stars in mind…. They don’t audition. They either accept it or turn it down. That’s what I’ve always heard

Thats what I thought too cause Keanu won't originally supposed to be Neo in matrix, Will Smith was or sum like that