Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Did anybody watch the Arsenio Hall special?

That shyt was garbage
That was horrible, cringy af. Didn't get past 10 mins, couldn't take it anymore - especially coming off Dave Chapelle's success with his latest Netflix release.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
She's not an employee and they don't owe her anything. She'll lose this case because of her position. IE. Non-employee.
It is within her right to sue but it is not up to her to decide the merits of the case. If Netflix for reason, decides to settle - this could impact potential offers and stipulations to other lesser known comedians who needed that type of break. Do you remember the volunteer intern case - a group of college interns filed suit against various fashion magazine publications bc they felt entitled to receive a salary. After that, the editors decided to substantially reduce their internship pool, became real selective with applicants or outright removed their programs altogether. I'm curious to read her filing for the Rule of Law and the legal strategy.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
It made me feel uncomfortable. It was very cringeworthy
I fukkin hate second hand embarrassment. Being in a position to watch a person without self-awareness do the cringiest acts ever and there's nothing that can be done when the damage sets in. If I do something dumb, like trip up the stairs in front of people - I'll still be thinking about that days later. Watching one person implode in front of huge group, nahh, unsettling af.

Daps
giphy.gif

That boy look just like his daddy :dame:

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
She's not an employee and they don't owe her anything. She'll lose this case because of her position. IE. Non-employee.
Not accurate. She could try make a failure to hire claim, and maybe try to argue their "low ball" (it wasn't a low ball, nobody is checking for her like they are for the people she is comparing herself to) offer was made with the intention of making it look like they were trying to hire her. She has no shot at that claim at all, but that would be the claim to make if going by the employment route.

She really needs to just sit her ass down though, like do something with your career instead of counting Dave Chappelle's money. She does not have 1/10 of the popularity as Dave, yet comparing her pay to his. Ridiculous.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lol with the amount of black programming Netflix has.

She has to face up to the fact that who was checking for a Monique special? She could have done the first one got rave reviews and then strong armed the amount for a second one.

Now shes burned this bridge forever and other companies looking at her like

:francis:
Amount?? What black programs does Netflix have other than the Central Park 5 and Dave Chapelle special that's watch-worthy??
Netflix has been shyt for content lately.

VertigoKnight

Veteran
Daps
Amount?? What black programs does Netflix have other than the Central Park 5 and Dave Chapelle special that's watch-worthy??

Well watch worthy is subjective. :russ:

But it does have a ton of stuff. I get access to Canadian and UK netflix which are very different in what they have up compared to the US one.

ThaEruditious

She luv it over here like Gold Watch.
Daps
Reppin
Nashville/Augusta

This! Netflix's black programming is a complete joke. I got excited to find Love Jones on there cuz their selection is trash.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Netflix Sued by Comedian Mo'Nique for Alleged Race, Gender Discrimination
Mo'Nique claims that Netflix offered her $500,000 for her comedy special, compared with the reported $60 million comedian Dave Chappelle received in his multispecial deal, NBC News reported.

Mo'Nique filed her lawsuit in Los Angeles Superior Court on Thursday.

Fellow comedian Jerry Seinfeld reportedly signed a $100 million deal with Netflix in 2017.

"Despite Mo'Nique's extensive résumé and documented history of comedic success, when Netflix presented her with an offer of employment for an exclusive stand-up comedy special, Netflix made a lowball offer that was only a fraction of what Netflix paid other (non-Black female) comedians," said the lawsuit, which was filed on her behalf by attorneys at the deRubertis Law Firm and Schimmel & Parks.

Mo'Nique's lawsuit comes a day after the Supreme Court heard arguments in a case involving Byron Allen, the founder of U.S. television production company Entertainment Studios, against Comcast

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Well watch worthy is subjective. :russ:

But it does have a ton of stuff. I get access to Canadian and UK netflix which are very different in what they have up compared to the US one.
That's what I heard, those selections are better..not fair! Last two shows that I watched, Top Boy, Gommorah, Bad Blood and Peaky Blinders were excellent. and those are all non-US shows.
They can keep the rest of that "original programming" gahhbage and b.s. dry drama they put out over here in the states.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
This! Netflix's black programming is a complete joke. I got excited to find Love Jones on there cuz their selection is trash.
:ooh:They have that on Netflix now? One of my favorite movies. :ahh:
"Goodbye morningggg -Sorry it has to enddd. They sayyyyyy I'm hopelessssss. Like a penny with a hole in itttttttt .. bah bah bahhhh ba bah bahhhhhh :mjcry:"