Mitt Romney Throwing the Presidency appreciation thread.....

Daps
Reppin
respect, usa
:comeon:

I can't get jiggy with that at all.

To me the quote is more about social responsibility then where someone lies politically. At 50 you won't be the same person as you are today. For a lot of people that is a good thing. They have progressed and matured. You'll have some kids reaching teenage, early adult age and surely you don't want them thinking like you do now. :usure::lolbron: At least I hope not.

Anothergirl

Goat ™
Daps
this election has been over since Obama won in 2008

the Republicans sold their party out to the Tea Baggers. The only people who like those people are those people. The rest of the country is sick of them.

It sucks too because I really did want to see a real candidate go against Obama, obviously a lefty but someone to challenge dude because his presidency hasnt been that good.

i don't get this.he comprimsed a lot more than the demo base would have like him too but he still got a tremendous amount of stuff done. history making stuff. (healthcare most notably) he HAD to payball with the repubs on some issues and compromise to assure a 2nd term.

expect his admin to go full on H.A.M. taking no prisoners his next term and and push to get MAJOR things done that he couldn't push the issue with before.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
We should be more worried about if he's going to finally grow some balls in his second term and stop also settling for the path of least resistance.

this is my feeling too. He needs to stop up and fight instead of letting those clowns in his party and the republicans run over him.

i don't get this.he comprimsed a lot more than the demo base would have like him too but he still got a tremendous amount of stuff done. history making stuff. (healthcare most notably) he HAD to payball with the repubs on some issues and compromise to assure a 2nd term.

expect his admin to go full on H.A.M. taking no prisoners his next term and and push to get MAJOR things done that he couldn't push the issue with before.

he had the majority and never lead the party. His first term could have been so much better, but he didnt take full advantage of the opportunity he had.

It doesnt matter tho, he will get re-elected and will probably get more seats in the house and senate again.

Daps
Reppin
respect, usa
Obama was never going to lose. As long as he doesn't get caught sniffing coke off of a white intern's ass, he's got it in the bag. I don't know why people try to make predictions without studying the electoral math.

All you need is the RCP map. RealClearPolitics - 2012 Election Maps - Electoral Map

You need to get to 270 electoral votes to win. 237 are going to Obama pretty much guaranteed, 191 to Romney. Then you look at the swing states, 110 electoral votes that will decide the election.

Colorado (9)
Florida (29)
Iowa (6)
Nevada (6)
New Hampshire (4)
North Carolina (15)
Ohio (18)
Virginia (13)
Wisconsin (10)

Some polls lean left, some lean right. RCP averages all the major polls, so it's a pretty damn accurate barometer. Out of 110 swing electoral votes, Romney needs 79 to win. That's a tall order even if the polls in the swing states were even or in his direction. But out of those 9 swing states, Obama has a slight lead in every one of them except for NC. The odds that Romney comes back and somehow manages to almost run the table in those states and get 79 out of 110 electoral votes are practically nil barring some Earth-shattering Watergate-level scandal for the Obama administration.

The result of the popular vote will look close, something like 51 to 49%. But the electoral vote won't be. The media is presenting this election like it's close because they want to hype up a story, but it's really not. Obama's got it. We should be more worried about if he's going to finally grow some balls in his second term and stop also settling for the path of least resistance.

:leon:

Virginia, NC and Florida are key.

Ohio and Wisconsin are going to Romney/Paul

The rest are iffy.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
sometimes i wonder if obama has a plant in the rethugs and hes making all the moves like a puppet master

Daps
Reppin
respect, usa
Obama will win those two states, and I would give him Florida too because Romney and Paul arent getting any love down there.

I dunno. A lot of Military Folk in that area, which means conservative. I could see Obama carrying Northern Va/ Nova and the Raleigh-Durham area of NC but the rural parts are going to be a battle.

Florida= No one knows wtf is going on in that state.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
:leon:

Virginia, NC and Florida are key.

Ohio and Wisconsin are going to Romney/Paul

The rest are iffy.

OH and WI are not going to Romney, bruh. Ryan might have some effect in WI, that remains to be seen, but WI is a traditionally left-leaning state. I seriously doubt OH is going to Romney either. Obama's been consistently leading in OH by about 4-8 points all year long and I see no reason why that would change. OH is a rustbelt state that saw a lot of their manufacturing jobs disappear and a guy like Romney, is the face of vulture capitalism and job outsourcing.

I think NC will go to Romney. FL might as well, it's a tossup. I don't think VA goes to Romney, but it's possible. But Romney can win all three of those big swing states and still only be at 248.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I dunno. A lot of Military Folk in that area, which means conservative. I could see Obama carrying Northern Va/ Nova and the Raleigh-Durham area of NC but the rural parts are going to be a battle.

they were military folk in 2008 too. This shyt is a done deal. HE would have to be involved in some major scandal to lose this election.

Anothergirl

Goat ™
Daps

yeah florida's kinda iffy ...lots of Repub Latinos(Cuban) and lots of old people that vote Repub. if the Obama campaign can demonized Ryan's "kill medicare" plan enough to scare the old people into voting demo or not voting at all....we can win FL.

OG_StankBrefs

Da Spice...
Daps
Reppin
Caladan
honestly i dont see how repubs ever win considering there are more poor people than rich people in this country but :manny:

Some cacs would rather drown than be saved by a black man. :rudy:

Dese dumb middle/lower class white folks let dem rich politicians use dat jedi mind trick of "Hey you may be poor like da rest of "dem" but you're still white tho :win::thumbsup:". It's dat bizzaro frame of mind dat has been woven into da thread of dis country since it's inception.

Got dese idiots votin against dey own interest like clockwork. :ld:

Daps
Reppin
respect, usa
OH and WI are not going to Romney, bruh. Ryan might have some effect in WI, that remains to be seen, but WI is a traditionally left-leaning state. I seriously doubt OH is going to Romney either. Obama's been consistently leading in OH by about 4-8 points all year long and I see no reason why that would change. OH is a rustbelt state that saw a lot of their manufacturing jobs disappear and a guy like Romney, is the face of vulture capitalism and job outsourcing.

I think NC will go to Romney. FL might as well, it's a tossup. I don't think VA goes to Romney, but it's possible. But Romney can win all three of those big swing states and still only be at 248.

:snoop:

You got me lol. I can't even sell this story anymore. He will lose WI and it'll be a struggle for Romney to win Ohio. I just wish it could be a fight like 2004 and for someone to actually light a fire under Obama's ass. :manny: