Mitt Romney Throwing the Presidency appreciation thread.....

Daps
Reppin
respect, usa
You are underestimating the hate for Obama.

:heh:

The "hate" is overstated. The guy, while I love him and everything his family symbolizes has been underwhelming as a leader. I wish Condoleeza Rice or Colin Powell would run.

I've been saying it for years. Most people are aligned with Conservative ideology, especially people of color. The Republicans have found a great way at making themselves unlikable.

Anothergirl

Goat ™
Daps
:heh:

The "hate" is overstated. The guy, while I love him and everything his family symbolizes has been underwhelming as a leader. I wish Condoleeza Rice or Colin Powell would run.

I've been saying it for years. Most people are aligned with Conservative ideology, especially people of color. The Republicans have found a great way at making themselves unlikable.

C/S. i love him...but he won't run because he can't handle or doesn't wanna deal with the shytstorm. Condi i love as well...but she'd never run for fear of her love affair with George Bush being putting on blast. (lol kidding....but i do kinda think she had a thing for him and vice versa) :yeshrug:

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
nah it's over for them. they'll make a push but they won't win. pandering to the radical Tea Party has cost the repubs yet another presidency. will they learn their leasson this time? for some reason i doubt it...

Honestly, I think the poll numbers will sway back and fourth, but in the grand scheme, it will all come down to the debates. And right now, Obama doesn't have much to ride on. The "release your tax records" antics are only tolerable but for so long; eventually he'll have to pony up on answers about the economy in front of a live audience. He'll either rise, or sink like a stone

Anothergirl

Goat ™
Daps
Honestly, I think the poll numbers will sway back and fourth, but in the grand scheme, it will all come down to the debates. And right now, Obama doesn't have much to ride on. The "release your tax records" antics are only tolerable but for so long; eventually he'll have to pony up on answers about the economy in front of a live audience. He'll either rise, or sink like a stone
Obama will rise to the occasion.

Romney and Paul on the other hand :usure: they're gonna have to pony up and answer hardcore questions with hard NUMBERS about all the budget cuts they wanna do and where the money will come from to aide the middle class and elderly since they won't consider increase taxes on the richest americans.

Daps
Reppin
respect, usa
C/S. i love him...but he won't run because he can't handle or doesn't wanna deal with the shytstorm. Condi i love as well...but she'd never run for fear of her love affair with George Bush being putting on blast. (lol kidding....but i do kinda think she had a thing for him and vice versa) :yeshrug:

C/S. i love him...but he won't run because he can't handle or doesn't wanna deal with the shytstorm.

Colin was 4 Star General in the Army. I'm positive he can handle the political process.

Condi i love as well...but she'd never run for fear of her love affair with George Bush being putting on blast. (lol kidding....but i do kinda think she had a thing for him and vice versa) :yeshrug:

:wow:

Why disrespect such an accomplished women by implying that she was sexing her former boss/colleague? This shouldn't even be a topic. Condi wouldn't run because she is focused on her job at Stanford and other engagements.

Anothergirl

Goat ™
Daps
Colin was 4 Star General in the Army. I'm positive he can handle the political process.

:wow:

Why disrespect such an accomplished women by implying that she was sexing her former boss/colleague? This shouldn't even be a topic. Condi wouldn't run because she is focused on her job at Stanford and other engagements.

nah i meant no disrespect. i was only kidding. if i was her i wouldn't run for office either to be honest. being president is a thankless job as the current president (how's done more in ONE TERM than most other presidents get accomplished in TWO) has shown.

Daps
Reppin
respect, usa
honestly i dont see how repubs ever win considering there are more poor people than rich people in this country but :manny:

That's because most people at heart are Conservative.

1. Church going

2. Traditional marriage

3. Frugality

But you have some social issues like gun control and abortion that people feel strongly about and vote strictly based on those.

Anothergirl

Goat ™
Daps
That's because most people at heart are Conservative.

1. Church going

2. Traditional marriage

3. Frugality

But you have some social issues like gun control and abortion that people feel strongly about and vote strictly based on those.

exactly esp the older you get. "If you are not a liberal at twenty, you have no heart and if you are not conservative at thirty, you have no brain."
whether or not Churchill actually said it is irrelavent to me. the quote is accurate.

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
Obama will rise to the occasion.

Romney and Paul on the other hand :usure: they're gonna have to pony up and answer hardcore questions with hard NUMBERS about all the budget cuts they wanna do and where the money will come from to aide the middle class and elderly since they won't consider increase taxes on the richest americans.

It's a nice thought. But keep in mind that Obama will not be debating against an elderly John (one foot in the grave) McCain or a Sarah "look you can see Russia from my house" Palin dog & pony show.

Obama won in 2008 52% to 45% and that's with the benefit of "hope and change" from a Bush led economy and war. Romney and Ryan are most definitely a stronger challenge and Obama really can't run against the Bush era on this one. He will have to take ownership and do some explainin' .

Appearenly he'll have to make history a second time. I don't think any President since FDR has been reelected withan unemploment rate higher than 7.3 or an approval rating less than 45%.

I give Obama credit in the fact that he is a GREAT orator and he has done a wonderful job playing class warfare in the last few months. Romney will have to come up with something concrete rather than just criticism.

All in all I think the current polls are somewhat useless. I honestly think it will come down to how people take in the debates.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
this election has been over since Obama won in 2008

the Republicans sold their party out to the Tea Baggers. The only people who like those people are those people. The rest of the country is sick of them.

It sucks too because I really did want to see a real candidate go against Obama, obviously a lefty but someone to challenge dude because his presidency hasnt been that good.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
Obama was never going to lose. As long as he doesn't get caught sniffing coke off of a white intern's ass, he's got it in the bag. I don't know why people try to make predictions without studying the electoral math.

All you need is the RCP map. RealClearPolitics - 2012 Election Maps - Electoral Map

You need to get to 270 electoral votes to win. 237 are going to Obama pretty much guaranteed, 191 to Romney. Then you look at the swing states, 110 electoral votes that will decide the election.

Colorado (9)
Florida (29)
Iowa (6)
Nevada (6)
New Hampshire (4)
North Carolina (15)
Ohio (18)
Virginia (13)
Wisconsin (10)

Some polls lean left, some lean right. RCP averages all the major polls, so it's a pretty damn accurate barometer. Out of 110 swing electoral votes, Romney needs 79 to win. That's a tall order even if the polls in the swing states were even or in his direction. But out of those 9 swing states, Obama has a slight lead in every one of them except for NC. The odds that Romney comes back and somehow manages to almost run the table in those states and get 79 out of 110 electoral votes are practically nil barring some Earth-shattering Watergate-level scandal for the Obama administration.

The result of the popular vote will look close, something like 52 to 48%. But the electoral vote won't be. Obama will win by about 70 electoral votes. The media is presenting this election like it's closer than it is because they want to hype up a story, but it's really not. We should be more worried about if he's going to finally grow some balls in his second term and stop always settling for the path of least resistance.