MILITARY STORIES

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
Breh not to go off topic but you sure you not being conned
What do you mean? Conned as in a hooker?

It really feels that way, to keep it a bean.

Girl openly admitting to having over 40 bodies and being very vague about her career, calling it "Sales and Designs for an Ad agency". Sounds mad fishy, lol.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Just asked and she said that she had waaay more bodies than me😭😭. For reference, I have 17:dead:. She said half were LTRs and the others were one night stands:dead:. I appreciate the honesty, but nígga damn:dead:.

She also said that, on average, they actually do prefer white men if they're going the foreigner route, and that the women have a lot of sex over there:russ:.

I feel like everything I've been told about Japan was a goddamn lie:laff:.

Wish I took orders to stay CONUS. I mean, if I'm going to be surrounded by hoes, I might as well check for some that have ass:skip:.

@Th3Birdman bruh, this is nuts:dead:

Edit: What makes it even more crazy is that this joint is maaaad average.

2nd edit: Girl said she's had 40 people:laff:.
Yes my nikka when I in I requested fort liberty in North Carolina

Try to make the best of your time learn the culture set yourself up when you get out

Unless you have shore duty you won't even be in Japan like that

If you really get into culture you might meet some cool chick's

But more than likely you'll knock down way more broads from around your way over there than aint trying to be a weeaboo.

I didn't smash but I met a chicken who grew up maybe 2 miles from my house in Iraq.

She told me a nikka who saved my life died running from the cops. The dude was Hella fat though

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
Nah some brehs need to know.

So far I haven't seen any career progression advice seeking threads
got one for yall

option 1: stay here in Washington state, tons of opportunities for both O-5 and O-6…and if i want i can punch to private sector and make about 300-400k if im super ambitious

seattle area is gorgeous and has alot going on

cons: if i stay active duty here i will eventually get pulled into bullshyt staff duty,

Washington is cost prohibitive meaning ill pay 600k for a decent house,

mission isnt as fun

far from fanily

Option 2: PCS to Scott AFB in illinois, stand a good chance of making O-5, will have to move to San Antonio for O-6

cooler mission

could buy something with 3k square footage :wow:

Will be in a GSU so wont get pulled into bullshyt staff jobs

closer to family

cons: the midwest sucks

private sector tops out at prolly 250k with ambition

will have to rebuild relationships out there

which one would yall do?

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
got one for yall

option 1: stay here in Washington state, tons of opportunities for both O-5 and O-6…and if i want i can punch to private sector and make about 300-400k if im super ambitious

cons: if i stay active duty here i will eventually get pulled into bullshyt staff duty,

mission isnt as fun

far from fanily

Option 2: PCS to Scott AFB in illinois, stand a good chance of making O-5, will have to move to San Antonio for O-6

cooler mission

closer to family

which one would yall do?
Personally I'd take option 2 but there's a ton of staff and joint job broadening assignments at JBLM.

Not an officer so take it with a grain of salt but there's only so many command oppertunities.

I was an NCO and I hate staff work.

Use it as an oppertunity to get civy Professional certs and or go SOF. Even Staff jobs in SOF are vey interesting.

As a Captain this is one of your last oppertunities and You'd be given a command slot. Well in AFSOF you usually have to have company command time to lead a Platoon sized element in AFSOF

In the Tier 1 world Majors command Platoon sized elements.

I'm not really sure how AFSOC works though.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
got one for yall

mission isnt as fun

far from fanily

cooler mission

closer to family

which one would yall do?
To keep a buck with you I'd be extremely careful what I posted on here and frankly I'd question if I wanted to be associated with a board with a thred titled Post a picture of a chick you'd want to nut raw in.

DeeezNuts

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Manhattan, NY
To keep a buck with you I'd be extremely careful what I posted on here and frankly I'd question if I wanted to be associated with a board with a thred titled Post a picture of a chick you'd want to nut raw in.
Man let breh get some perspective from Brehs on here… at the end of the day…. Still his decision to make

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
Personally I'd take option 2 but there's a ton of staff and joint job broadening assignments at JBLM.

Not an officer so take it with a grain of salt but there's only so many command oppertunities.

I was an NCO and I hate staff work.

Use it as an oppertunity to get civy Professional certs and or go SOF. Even Staff jobs in SOF are vey interesting.

As a Captain this is one of your last oppertunities and You'd be given a command slot. Well in AFSOF you usually have to have company command time to lead a Platoon sized element in AFSOF

In the Tier 1 world Majors command Platoon sized elements.

I'm not really sure how AFSOC works though.
i dont want to get into too much detail but things are a lil different for me….

im a ops officer so i stand a good chance of getting command or at the very least director of ops (army equivalent of a XO) when im a major- Lt Col. If i dont get command i still could probably pin on O-6 in a HHQ staff office. Im not worried about command honestly.

My conflict is: the job on Scott AFB is more mission focused and they have a lot more resources than here in National Guard world. They spend more time doing vs in the guard we spend more time training our reservists.

now I only work 4 days a week here….and have a ton of freedom to do what i want as long as the reservists have training for drill and as long as we are ready to deploy, my squadron leadership is chill. The wing leadership is mostly cool too but they be training to do too much in terms of exercises.

scott afb job is 5x days a week, more structured but you’re actually doing the mission more, group and wing leadership is in Texas so they not making you do dumb shyt…get to focus on doing the real work.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
i dont want to get into too much detail but things are a lil different for me….

im a ops officer so i stand a good chance of getting command or at the very least director of ops (army equivalent of a XO) when im a major- Lt Col. If i dont get command i still could probably pin on O-6 in a HHQ staff office. Im not worried about command honestly.

My conflict is: the job on Scott AFB is more mission focused and they have a lot more resources than here in National Guard world. They spend more time doing vs in the guard we spend more time training our reservists.

now I only work 4 days a week here….and have a ton of freedom to do what i want as long as the reservists have training for drill and as long as we are ready to deploy, my squadron leadership is chill. The wing leadership is mostly cool too but they be training to do too much in terms of exercises.

scott afb job is 5x days a week, more structured but you’re actually doing the mission more, group and wing leadership is in Texas so they not making you do dumb shyt…get to focus on doing the real work.
Well.the more impact you make the better chances of you moving up quicker

As a senior captain you can retire on active duty and focus on getting something in the civvy world or go full balls to the wall

I will say if you get out and go federal or DOD contractor you're clearance determines your job
Not necessarily what you know

An E-4 Intel clerk with a TS or higher will make more than you on the national business highway

Daps
assume you're a senior O-3 (my year group is 2016 for ref)... as you know your FGO track is going to be highly dependent on what AFSC you are and how critical the command path is for your career field. not sure if you're active or not but that also changed things too.

All the O-6s I work with (across every branch) have all gone for jobs that they enjoy vs position checklist chasing and it doesn't seem to have hurt em, outside of maybe not getting a star. As long as you're not laterally moving around it'll probably work itself out, there's no sense in being miserable just to chase the ever-shrinking promotion rates past O-5. just my 2c.