MILITARY STORIES

Daps
assuming you mean starting from no clearance? apply to a job that requires one. the catch-22 you'll find yourself in will be that a lot of positions will require a clearance of some kind before you start (especially in a top secret environment), so you'll be sitting around anywhere from 3-9 months (maybe longer) waiting for the background check process to complete before you're actually 'hirable'.

there's a good reddit (securityclearance, I think) that I would recommend going through to get a sense of how it works.

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
What y’all Vets opinions on the low enrollment

1. MHS Genesis is a huge reason for the low enrollment. Back in the day you could enlist and hide all of your medical conditions that will disqualify you. Now you cant as all of your medical info is being stored in the cloud and the military has access to all of these cloud databases. Genesis is that system.

2. The War on Terror. Zoomers and millienials grew up with a bad taste in their mouth about the military. Seeing and hearing and experiencing stories of troops being killed, endless deployments to the desert, stress leading to suicide and all of the personnel scandals during this era soured a lot of people on joining.

3. Divided Politics. Half the country hates Biden, half hates Trump. Good luck convincing people to join to fight for them as Commander in Chief.

4. Zoomers. They have different attitudes on work, hierarchies and authority figures. They are smart but not committed to traditional institutions. They are over diagnosed with attention disorders which disqualifies them. They like weed alot.

5. 9/11. 9/11 was the catalyst for anyone who enlisted after September 11, 2001. Either you were inspired to fight for the country AND/OR you saw the lick you could hit based of the DoD getting blank checks and little to no oversight or regulation on recruiting. Point is, nothing like that has happened in 20 years to get people enlisting.

Last edited:
Daps
^^ yeah the military is gonna have to figure out the 'weed' thing sooner than later. or just incentivize (aka pay) people to set it aside.

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
how do I get a security clearance? As a civilian.

Why you (think) you need a clearance? :mjpls:

OSI? NCIS? CI? Yeah, some dude named @Alvin been axeing too many questions.
Snitch

Son Goku

Daps
^^ yeah the military is gonna have to figure out the 'weed' thing sooner than later. or just incentivize (aka pay) people to set it aside.

Nikkas are getting their incentive pays cut left and right and you think the military is finna pay cats not to smoke? :mjlol:

Focus on paying the folks already on your roster before you worry about paying folks who haven't even made the cut yet. :francis:

Richard Glidewell

Superstar
Daps
Nikkas are getting their incentive pays cut left and right and you think the military is finna pay cats not to smoke? :mjlol:

Focus on paying the folks already on your roster before you worry about paying folks who haven't even made the cut yet. :francis:
It's funny how people think they can operate in that environment while high........ain't no way I'm picking up slack for a fukking weed head next to me.........and that's the problem because mufukkas always always always cross the line.......that's why you get the death by power point every......fukking......training........

Son Goku

Daps
It's funny how people think they can operate in that environment while high........ain't no way I'm picking up slack for a fukking weed head next to me.........and that's the problem because mufukkas always always always cross the line.......that's why you get the death by power point every......fukking......training........

The fact of the matter is, you can't have folks smoking if they work in SCIFs, translate, work with weapons, do transport, work in medical, are PRAP, flyers, AUoF, turn wrenches, none of that.

That's basically everyone except finance, contracting, personnel, and religious affairs.

The defense budget also can't afford incentivizing everyone else not to smoke, vape, or eat edibles, motherfukkers already complaining about taxes and the national deficit will be insurmountable if shyt keeps up. :dahell:

DeeezNuts

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Manhattan, NY
Well.. until weed is legal on the federal level .. they’ll never allow this shyt.. imagine a muhfukka high fixing a jet engine.. da fukk.. nah son.. they’ll never allow it.. it’s so many systems on a plane.. being high and fixing shyt is not an option.. put it like this.. for example, when an aircraft has an IFE (in flight emergency) , the process is this, all the maintenance records for that plane is locked down, so QA can see who did what.. and muhfukkaz get drug tested if they find it was a maintenance error.. everyone that touched that plane will get drug tested .. too much life saving shyt goes into that.. so can’t be high

Son Goku

Daps
Well.. until weed is legal on the federal level .. they’ll never allow this shyt.. imagine a muhfukka high fixing a jet engine.. da fukk.. nah son.. they’ll never allow it.. it’s so many systems on a plane.. being high and fixing shyt is not an option.. put it like this.. for example, when an aircraft has an IFE (in flight emergency) , the process is this, all the maintenance records for that plane is locked down, so QA can see who did what.. and muhfukkaz get drug tested if they find it was a maintenance error.. everyone that touched that plane will get drug tested .. too much life saving shyt goes into that.. so can’t be high

You get it. :obama:

Hell, the aircrew members flying during mishaps get blood and piss tested after those. Imagine the muhfukking pilot or co popping hot for weed. :gucci: Were they 12 hours bottle bong to throttle or not? How would you even know?

TheMailMan

All Star
Daps
Why you (think) you need a clearance? :mjpls:

OSI? NCIS? CI? Yeah, some dude named @Alvin been axeing too many questions.
Snitch
Lately I've seen most companies requiring one before hiring . Some of the larger companies might get it for you but it does take awhile. Other companies may just only want a NAC-I, just depends on the job. .This is just my experience as a former contractor working in the middle east

downtheline

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in the DMV
"Generally, you cannot apply for a security clearance on your own; you must be sponsored by a government agency or a company with a contract with the government. These entities must determine that your job requires access to classified information"

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
What y’all Vets opinions on the low enrollment

Gen Z is full of commies :troll:

On the real, they have more access to information than any other generation before them and a lot of them lean heavy on anti-authoritarian sentiment. Plus gig work keeps them with enough earnings to keep them from absolutely needing the benefits that the service can offer.

Digital Omen

All Star
Daps
I got mine through an FFRDC (gov sponsored think tank).
It helped that I had a Secret clearance from the Navy, but it had expired (they're good for 5 years)
so the FFRDC sponsored my TS-SCI
The Navy clearance was a piece of cake, interview was about 15 min running through a checklist (no I don't have any convictions, no I don't use drugs, etc etc)
but TS-SCI? that shyt took over a year and they went through my whole life with a microscope
interviewed former work managers, college professors, references, neighbors...the whole enchilada
My advice is don't lie or cover up or try to write around shyt. They will find whatever you're trying to hide and you'll be denied (unless you're Jared Kushner)
Like "no I never smoked weed" then they interview your plug from high school
Instead, write "I experimented with cannabis as a youth" and you'll be fine
full