MILITARY STORIES

Belize King

I got concepts of a plan.
Daps
I really thought hard about making it a career, but I had other things I wanted to pursue
You are brave. Civilian life is tough. That guaranteed check every two weeks, free food, cheap/free housing is tough to beat. 14 more years and you are set for retirement.

I hope you achieve everything you envision Brotha.
:salute:
My pops did 24 in the Navy, retired an E7, got out and did another 10 to get a mini check. He has 70% disability. Has 4 checks coming now and livin in Belize.
:blessed:
I’m on year 20 in the reserves. 3 active but only 13 good years. I sometimes think why I didn’t go active. I wished I would have join the Air Force instead.
:to:
I contract overseas so I haven’t been hitting my good year points. I’ll get there eventually but I would have received my 20 year letter this year. O well.
:mjcry:
I won’t see my little baby check until 60 anyway. Maybe I will go warrant before I age out.
:patrice:

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
You are brave. Civilian life is tough. That guaranteed check every two weeks, free food, cheap/free housing is tough to beat. 14 more years and you are set for retirement.

I hope you achieve everything you envision Brotha.
:salute:
My pops did 24 in the Navy, retired an E7, got out and did another 10 to get a mini check. He has 70% disability. Has 4 checks coming now and livin in Belize.
:blessed:
I’m on year 20 in the reserves. 3 active but only 13 good years. I sometimes think why I didn’t go active. I wished I would have join the Air Force instead.
:to:
I contract overseas so I haven’t been hitting my good year points. I’ll get there eventually but I would have received my 20 year letter this year. O well.
:mjcry:
I won’t see my little baby check until 60 anyway. Maybe I will go warrant before I age out.
:patrice:
What do you mean by 13 good years?

Reserve retirement is 20 years then a check at 60...correct?

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
What y’all Vets opinions on the low enrollment

I feel like they're going to encourage more undocumented to enslit in exchange for citizenship to fill the low numbers. I also see them cutting down on VA benefits bc of this. If you havent filed for disability you need to do that shyt NOW, because if Trump wins those heritage foundation cats promised to make the government smaller.

DeeezNuts

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Manhattan, NY
L3Harris has a few contracts out there. I work for them. We have Australia as well if you are interested. England too. All logistics.

Great company to work for. I been with them for 8 years now. We trying to pick up the next MARSS program as well. PACOM will be poppin because of China. Idk what ME will look like within the next 5-10 years but you never know.
Crazy shyt is.. I was doing contracting in Iraq and Afghan.. my old company had an MQ9 contract.. so our choice of locations was Al Asad or Kandahar.. so I was doing both for over 5 years.. 2021 I left and came back stateside .. started working for L3…working on a classified program for them.. I stayed till they renewed my clearance 🤣 then I left L3 in August 2023 to go full time with my school.. wanted to bang it out the way.. but since I left .. I wonder how much of an issue would it be for me to get back .. but on a diff program.. I heard PACOM is getting mad luv now.. shyt even global strike command.. I won’t mind getting anything in Korea or Japan.. I spent 5 yrs combined in both countries .. but Saudi Arabia got the bread now it seems

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
What y’all Vets opinions on the low enrollment

Kind of a catch-22 and I don't see a fix for it.

Eh. The pussification of the American culture means there's too many :flabbynsick: folx out there that are either too physically and/or mentally washed to join, especially young folx; and a lot of the benefits have gotten axed and the pay is shytty. Why would people want to join the military and possibly get disabled or even killed when they can make better money

There's also no sense in lowering your accession standards just to let a bunch of broken kids drain additional resources away from the military medical enterprise just for them to turn around and either snap and go crazy, get booted for dumb shyt, walk at the end of their contract, or not even make it to their first duty station.

Every single body you sign up costs money, and each accession that doesn't eventually fill a billet wastes money. Signing up shytty candidates to try and fill the shortfalls won't make the problem better.

(This recruiting crisis is a problem for the rank and file troops, not so much for the production of SOF troops.)

I feel like they're going to encourage more undocumented to enslit in exchange for citizenship to fill the low numbers. I also see them cutting down on VA benefits bc of this. If you havent filed for disability you need to do that shyt NOW, because if Trump wins those heritage foundation cats promised to make the government smaller.

Too many jobs that require clearances ain't finna get filled by illegal immigrants, so that idea might only work for certain rates/MOS's/AFSCs. :francis:

Belize King

Daps
Crazy shyt is.. I was doing contracting in Iraq and Afghan.. my old company had an MQ9 contract.. so our choice of locations was Al Asad or Kandahar.. so I was doing both for over 5 years.. 2021 I left and came back stateside .. started working for L3…working on a classified program for them.. I stayed till they renewed my clearance 🤣 then I left L3 in August 2023 to go full time with my school.. wanted to bang it out the way.. but since I left .. I wonder how much of an issue would it be for me to get back .. but on a diff program.. I heard PACOM is getting mad luv now.. shyt even global strike command.. I won’t mind getting anything in Korea or Japan.. I spent 5 yrs combined in both countries .. but Saudi Arabia got the bread now it seems
What kind of bread you talkin? Them vectrus boys barely seeing $500 a day from the guys I’ve been around. L3 and NG pay the best for logistics. I was getting $800 a day in DJ. I’m seeing about $750 a day now not including per diem.

I know a NG Loggie that was getting $1000 a day.
:whew:
I’d leave l3 for that amount. MAG is about to start up in PACOM in a few months. Their Loggies are seeing about $500 a day though. It is PACOM and not a war zone so that’s a plus. They get per diem and can probably stay off post so that’s a bonus as well.

Our guys in SA aren’t seeing $1000 a day. I wonder what NG is paying though.
:jbhmm:

Belize King

Daps
What do you mean by 13 good years?

Reserve retirement is 20 years then a check at 60...correct?
To have a good year, you need to acquire 50 points in your year. You get 15 as a reservist, 2 points per MUTA, and 1 point per AT day. A normal weekend drill is 2 mutas or 4 points. I miss half of my drills due to being overseas so I don’t hit the required points.

There are other ways of gaining points as well. Funeral detail, corresponding courses, ADT, and a few other ways.

Active duty always get the points needed so there is no issue. You earn 365. Reservist are allocated at least 50 per year I believe. 10 drill months, plus 10 annual training days. That doesn’t include the 15 points you get just being in the reserves.

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
L3Harris has a few contracts out there. I work for them. We have Australia as well if you are interested. England too. All logistics.

Great company to work for. I been with them for 8 years now. We trying to pick up the next MARSS program as well. PACOM will be poppin because of China. Idk what ME will look like within the next 5-10 years but you never know.
You know if they have any slots for aircraft structural maintenance

DeeezNuts

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Manhattan, NY
What kind of bread you talkin? Them vectrus boys barely seeing $500 a day from the guys I’ve been around. L3 and NG pay the best for logistics. I was getting $800 a day in DJ. I’m seeing about $750 a day now not including per diem.

I know a NG Loggie that was getting $1000 a day.
:whew:
I’d leave l3 for that amount. MAG is about to start up in PACOM in a few months. Their Loggies are seeing about $500 a day though. It is PACOM and not a war zone so that’s a plus. They get per diem and can probably stay off post so that’s a bonus as well.

Our guys in SA aren’t seeing $1000 a day. I wonder what NG is paying though.
:jbhmm:
I’m cool with 800+ a day.. already getting 4100/month from the VA .. so that’ll stack up