MILITARY STORIES

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Joining the reserves, finishing up a cert and taking interviews starting last week
Cool get those benefits breh. Somehow it's easier to get a higher VA rating when getting a Line of Duty injury in the reserves than in Regulars. Reserve commanders know where they're bread is buttered you get a hangnail injury while qualifying for your surfing badge at the Armory and they'll take care of you.

Depending on the unit you might be shocked by the standards or lack thereof, Try not to be an Active Duty dikk. Most of those guys have connects and you can get a decent job, not to mention being able to do side hustles at the unit here and there if you need it.

WaveWhisperer

Stainless Steel
Daps
Reppin
Steel
Cool get those benefits breh. Somehow it's easier to get a higher VA rating when getting a Line of Duty injury in the reserves than in Regulars. Reserve commanders know where they're bread is buttered you get a hangnail injury while qualifying for your surfing badge at the Armory and they'll take care of you.

Depending on the unit you might be shocked by the standards or lack thereof, Try not to be an Active Duty dikk. Most of those guys have connects and you can get a decent job, not to mention being able to do side hustles at the unit here and there if you need it.
Ill take your advice on that. I definitely need to up my connections. As far as standards if it’s anything like deployment then ill be straight. :ehh:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina

its impossible :mjlol: you're gonna be that guy fr but man.... just try and read the room and reel it back in when its that time

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
my very first reserve formation i checked my first sergeant on his uniform and told him to take his shades off while we were formed up - then stared him down til we got released

fortunately i was able to chill the fukk back in time and they were happy to put me in position to correct the right folks that needed correcting

but don't be that guy.... you can miss a LOT of opportunities in the reserves simply because they're not obligated to tell you shyt

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
my very first reserve formation i checked my first sergeant on his uniform and told him to take his shades off while we were formed up - then stared him down til we got released

fortunately i was able to chill the fukk back in time and they were happy to put me in position to correct the right folks that needed correcting

but don't be that guy.... you can miss a LOT of opportunities in the reserves simply because they're not obligated to tell you shyt
We can go into a deep dive about reserve shenangans but it's nothing to find whole families in a reserve unit. You got privates in the reserves who employ officers and at the end of the day most people won't serve especially on a part time basis so you have to deal with those willing to serve.

I had a weird dream where I went to summer camp or some school and all the women were fukking the dudes openly. I didn't even see who was in charge because she some reason everyone was nude and I said Who's in Charge? This diesel looking chick said I am and I said You know this is some bullshyt

she said Yeah I know then she jumped backwards out of a window and slid down a stripper pole over some people fukking outside on a hill.

Wierd dream but I remember taking over in fghanistan from a SC Guard unit and they had a basketball hoop on the facade of the Company office.

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anyone familiar with the Skillbridge process?
I plan on applying sometime next week
I have a company lined up, but I'll take any recommendations of another establishment

WaveWhisperer

Stainless Steel
Daps
Reppin
Steel
Anyone familiar with the Skillbridge process?
I plan on applying sometime next week
I have a company lined up, but I'll take any recommendations of another establishment
I hated fukking around with afvec. If they are not in the system yet for skill bridge try to get them to fill out the paperwork as early as possible. At most id wait a month on it and if they dont have it done by then move on to another company.

Belize King

I got concepts of a plan.
Daps

I’m a career Army Reservist. 20 years next year with 3 deployments.
:salute:

We see you active duty a**holes all the time. It’s funny as hell. Reserves are like family. You got your Uncles, Cousins and Aunties who act a fool. Some don’t remember d&c. Most don’t care. A lot are sloppy, but the military as a whole is getting there.
:flabbynsick:

My first unit was out of South Texas. Real Mexican unit. Me, my 1st Sargent, and Downtown Brown were the only brothers.
:myman:

Our annual training was in Germany every two years. That’s the first time I found out how Mexicans get down on that Corona. Two or three of them were smooth and ran through the whole unit haha. A lot of emotional and happy drunks. No problems at all. Just had to hear all the stories.
:pachaha:

My Master Sargent was by the book. I was 20 so he didn’t let me drink. We in Germany and the age is 18.
:childplease:

Tell me why downtown Brown got lost in Germany and never came back. Idk what happened to him. I guess he decided to checkout. He was prior service and had been stationed there. I wonder where is he at now.
:jbhmm:
Them German women loved us. I was in Ktown so you know which ones got down. I ended up knocking 2 Germans, a Romanian, and an Albanian down.
:obama:
Them Eastern European white women are top tier. Their eyes get me all the time.
:noah:
If I could do it again, I would have done Eastern Europe again. Straight Baltics area though. Brits are ugly, French are stuck up, and Germans are masculine. Eastern Europe is where it’s at.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
I’m a career Army Reservist. 20 years next year with 3 deployments.
:salute:

We see you active duty a**holes all the time. It’s funny as hell. Reserves are like family. You got your Uncles, Cousins and Aunties who act a fool. Some don’t remember d&c. Most don’t care. A lot are sloppy, but the military as a whole is getting there.
:flabbynsick:

My first unit was out of South Texas. Real Mexican unit. Me, my 1st Sargent, and Downtown Brown were the only brothers.
:myman:

Our annual training was in Germany every two years. That’s the first time I found out how Mexicans get down on that Corona. Two or three of them were smooth and ran through the whole unit haha. A lot of emotional and happy drunks. No problems at all. Just had to hear all the stories.
:pachaha:

My Master Sargent was by the book. I was 20 so he didn’t let me drink. We in Germany and the age is 18.
:childplease:

Tell me why downtown Brown got lost in Germany and never came back. Idk what happened to him. I guess he decided to checkout. He was prior service and had been stationed there. I wonder where is he at now.
:jbhmm:
Them German women loved us. I was in Ktown so you know which ones got down. I ended up knocking 2 Germans, a Romanian, and an Albanian down.
:obama:
Them Eastern European white women are top tier. Their eyes get me all the time.
:noah:
If I could do it again, I would have done Eastern Europe again. Straight Baltics area though. Brits are ugly, French are stuck up, and Germans are masculine. Eastern Europe is where it’s at.
You need to talk about all the fukkery that goes down in the reserves. I saw one dude a trucker in a transportation unit he was drunk as a skunk ( and smelled like one too) His NCO just looked at the manifest and let him get in the truck. Dude drove in a convoy on 95 without incident. The funny thing is the same unit could barely keep in formation while driving Hummvees nikkas would be way behind having to speed up like fat asses in a run formation.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
We see you active duty a**holes all the time. It’s funny as hell. Reserves are like family. You got your Uncles, Cousins and Aunties who act a fool.
shyt like this had me throwing up in my mouth fr :mjlol: "we a family"

3 months later I demanded in investigation into our supply sergeant because he kept calling a female soldier 'funsize' in spanish like that shyt was lowkey cool. That "we a family" shyt is probably the most culturally dysfunctional shyt in the army reserves by far and creates so many ways for people not do their job, take advantage of their position, get around hurdles for promotion, etc.

Had Uncle Tony hemmed the fukk up in the IG office begging for a lawyer :unimpressed: after that they all chilled the fukk out and realized there might've been something to my incoherent ramblings.

Literally every convoy I could go down the line, pick out an NCO, and have him searching up and down his vehicle looking for his keys and a fire extinguisher.

I enjoyed my time in the reserves because it made me get a life outside of the Army. I couldn't spend every waking moment unfukking you dirtbags :mjlol: