Military breh's have you EVER known anyone that FAILED the AVAB?....one WS did and you will never guess who? #Ididntknowthatwaspossible!!!

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
Thing is, you can't "fail" the ASVAB.... you can score lower than what's required for whatever particular branch/community you're looking to enter into.

I know of a dude ( was at my recruiting station ) who scored a 17 and 19 on the ASVAB, He wanted to join the Navy, but with that score his only option was the National Guard and then hope to go AD at a future point in time.

After a certain score, you'd have to actively choose the wrong answer.....and/or not complete enough questions in the alotted time.

MarcMan

Superstar
Daps
I've only heard of it once.

That must be humbling

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I failed my asvab, im sure I have math dyslexia and don't comprehend some shyt, , I also process and generate my math answers way to slow,,

Nevertheless , I graduated in computers and work in IT

Score was to low for the NAVY

I had shyt like when I took the test,,

0083100001.png

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
I took the ASVAB in '11 during my senior year for the Air Force back when the required score was a 50 for entry. Netted an 88. Another breh in the testing group was aiming for the Army and scored a 19.

It was his second attempt.

I was legitimately confused about how he managed that. I was even more confused over him sharing that with us in the first place.

Superstar
Daps
Its basically a aptitude test to gauge what jobs you could be good at. In the Army people that score low have no choice but to be cannon fodder.

No they have no choice but to be truck drivers. You CANNOT be super stupid in the infantry, or other combat arms mos’ (maybe artillery) lol. The jobs and accompanying equipment are too technical.

They will get you up out of the paint quick. Wheeled Mechanics, fuelers, fabric repairers, truck drivers, and (technically) infantry are available for minimum APTITUDE (GT) scores. Being so stupid that you score really low on the asvab will get someone the run around.

Most “cannon fodder” are volunteers and mostly score above average to high in the Army. The low scorers mostly end up in the motor pool, in an FSC or BSB.

Last edited:

Superstar
Daps
I failed my asvab, im sure I have math dyslexia and don't comprehend some shyt, , I also process and generate my math answers way to slow,,

Nevertheless , I graduated in computers and work in IT

Score was to low for the NAVY

I had shyt like when I took the test,,

0083100001.png

What was the question? What part of the pulley system were you supposed to identify?

Charlie Hustle

Light Bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sin City
No they have no choice but to be truck drivers. You CANNOT be super stupid in the infantry, or other combat arms mos’ (maybe artillery) lol. The jobs and accompanying equipment are too technical.

They will get you up out of the paint quick. Wheeled Mechanics, fuelers, fabric repairers, truck drivers, and (technically) infantry are available for minimum APTITUDE (GT) scores. Being so stupid that you score really low on the asvab will get someone the run around.

Most “cannon fodder” are volunteers and mostly score above average to high in the Army. The low scorers mostly end up in the motor pool, in an FSC or BSB.

I used to recruit and I sent a lot of remedial type people to beautiful Ft. Benning for 11B.

When drills would tell recruits “Your recruiter lied to you” they were talking about me.

:pachaha:

You’re right about 88M though.

BTW - “Needs of the Army” I started recruiting back in 05 when they needed bodies.

Last edited:

Superstar
Daps
I used to recruit and I sent a lot of remedial type people to beautiful Ft. Benning for 11B.

When drills would tell recruits “Your recruiter lied to you” they were talking about me.

You’re right about 88M though.

BTW - “Needs of the Army” I started recruiting back in 05 when they needed bodies.

I came in during 07, I can understand lol. 88M was by far the biggest collection of “how the fukk haven’t you forgotten to breathe by now?!” Every one I saw flunk out of 68W school ended up as 88M’s lol. They used to threaten us weekly at the schoolhouse with that shyt. “You wanna drive until you find IED’s with your a$$hole!? Go ahead and fukk up on this next exam!”. It seemed like all the inbred trailer park mutants were in the motor pool when I thought for sure they’d be in the infantry.

I’ve seen one truly stupid infantry dude and he crashed out until his squad mates had to choke him unconscious, every other weekend smh. The other one was smart but had some kind of tic/seizure activity with his jaw so they called him “fly catcher” lol. The rest were book smart but prone to do shyt that put them in the hospital when they got bored.

Artillery was pretty dumb too, like borderline caveman dumb lol. They were two steps above grunting to communicate but could calculate all kinds of random math on the fly. They had a barracks hallway tournament for who could take the most pepper spray in the eyes smh. One broke his vertebrae trying to surf the stairwell railing from the 3rd floor.

I’ve met a couple of really dumb medics but they were book smart, just not life smart.

Last edited:

Charlie Hustle

Light Bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sin City
I came in during 07, I can understand lol. 88M was by far the biggest collection of “how the fukk haven’t you forgotten to breathe by now?! Every one I saw flunk out of 68W school ended up as 88M’s lol. They used to threaten us weekly at the schoolhouse with that shyt. “You wanna drive until you find IED’s with your a$$hole!? Go ahead and fukk up on this next exam!”. It seemed like all the inbred trailer park mutants were in the motor pool when I thought for sure they’d be in the infantry.

I’ve seen one truly stupid infantry dude and he crashed out until his squad mates had to choke him unconscious, every other weekend smh. The other one was smart but had some kind of tic/seizure activity with his jaw so they called him “fly catcher” lol. The rest were book smart but prone to do shyt that put them in the hospital when they got bored.

Artillery was pretty dumb too, like borderline caveman dumb lol. They were too steps above grunting to communicate but could calculate all kinds of random math on the fly. They had a barracks hallway tournament for who could take the most pepper spray in the eyes smh. One broke his vertebrae trying to surf the stairwell railing from the 3rd floor.

I’ve met a couple of really dumb medics but they were book smart, just not life smart.

From my experience, it seems like they send a lot of dumb MFs to Drum.

I knew this one combat medic that was always pissed off and seemed really dumb. I’d rather do self aid then get treated by him any day.

I knew this one medic chick that was definitely book smart but had no common sense or no solidering skills. She couldn’t even read a map but she was fine and country.