Military brehs....do you regret joining?

blaccbeard

Superstar
Daps
I kind of regret not joining, my father, brother and almost every man in my immediate and extended family served, but i just wanted my freedom. Now that i'm older i wish i would have joined if not just for the experience but also the bond that they share that i'll never know. Also that work experience to put down for future jobs and Veteran's benefits would have really helped out.

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I kind of regret not joining, my father, brother and almost every man in my immediate and extended family served, but i just wanted my freedom. Now that i'm older i wish i would have joined if not just for the experience but also the bond that they share that i'll never know. Also that work experience to put down for future jobs and Veteran's benefits would have really helped out.

Me too , My father was in the Marines :mjcry: I have math dyslexia so my ASVAB was to fukked off for the NAVY entrance :picard: this was a long time ago, all I remember on the test was a lot of math and coding :sadcam:

I excel or average in everything else tho, mainly electronics and mechanics ( civilian world )

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
Nah, just understand that not being a civilian comes with a lot of bullshyt. If you make it work for you, its worth it. If you bytch and sham and feel sorry for yourself the whole time it won't be worth it.

zayk35

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Escondido California
I've said this many times on here....but if u from a place with nothing going on (Lubbock Texas) but don't wanna go to college right away the military can do wonders for your young fledgling life....those initial months of training can be rough but once u hit your duty station it becomes a 9-5 and if your lucky like me you get plopped down in San Diego Ca. at age 19 and ready for whatever...keep your head on straight and u get some of the best benefits out there

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've said this many times on here....but if u from a place with nothing going on (Lubbock Texas) but don't wanna go to college right away the military can do wonders for your young fledgling life....those initial months of training can be rough but once u hit your duty station it becomes a 9-5 and if your lucky like me you get plopped down in San Diego Ca. at age 19 and ready for whatever...keep your head on straight and u get some of the best benefits out there

What benefits?

darkmanp

Pro
Daps
Reppin
VA
What's the cut off age?

I think 37, but I feel the best time for me would have been when I was 29-30. Some of the military guys can maybe clarify, but after a certain age (I heard after 32) in some branches you cant become an officer after that age.

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
i regret joining the Guard instead of AD and regret my initial career choice.

Mind you, if i play my cards right in the next two years, ill be making 6 figures easily and be set in the military and civilian life.

The whole path wouldve been smoother tho in AD.