Military brehs....do you regret joining?

Barnett114

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
fukk did you say...

Pulled a Marvin Gaye :francis:

Disappointed in having to perform menial tasks, he faked mental illness and was discharged shortly afterwards. Gaye's sergeant stated that he refused to follow orders.Gaye was issued a "General Discharge" from the service.

I got a general discharge under honorable conditions :lolbron:

MaxPain

Hispaniola Exchange Student
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Where It’s Not Safe
Do you know if theres a way to check if it hasn't expire yet? i got out back in 2015, but dont remember when was the last time i had mine redone.
what level was it

top secret stays for 4 years, then download to secret and u keep that for 10

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Hell na
Stationed In japan and Italy tdy to Germany often
Seeing the world was the greatest thing because of it
Military family growing up so I knew how shyt goes so shyt didnt phase me when BS happened

Ive only been in the military (Navy) for two years but I’m kind of already over this shyt.

The long chow lines :francis:

Disrespectful bosses that hate you if you don’t stroke their egos :francis:

Disgusting ass prison food and poop in the shower (nikka there was literal shyt in the shower. No one cleaned it and 3 weeks later it turned grey and became powdery like dog doo doo):francis:

The constant pissing contest and mean mugging ass nikkas :francis:

shyt IS WACK

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
It was one of the best things to happen to me honestly but I didn’t know it at the time.

I ain’t gne lie it tested my nerves but coming from where I come from it was the best option for me so I see it as a necessary stepping stone. Growing up poor you dnt got too many other choices. The military put you thru a lot of BS but it actually help you in the end. I was a 19 year old who hated authority but the military taught me to respect it even if you hate the authority. Valuable lessons all around tho. It gives you enough structure and guidance so you really couldn’t fukk it up unless you was a dumbass. I would do it all again but would just take advantage of more the opportunities.

Va loan, free school, security clearance, va disability, high skilled job and plus various other veteran perks. I walked right into the civilian sector and got a 6figure job. It’s a deployed gig but I get a decent amount of time off and travel and see the world. I still got enough time to switch careers and if I want to I’ll have a lot of money saved up and debt free. Can’t beat it.

:mjcry:

Madrasas

Pro
Daps
Army, little over 2 years of service. Don't exactly regret it- I joined because I felt it was my least bad option, and I still feel that way. But I've got absolutely no love for this organization. None. Worst thing is, I signed a 6 year contract :to:

Counting down the days to when I gt out. Ya'll ever seen Shawshank Redemption? Getting out gonna feel like when Andy Dufreme crawls through shyt, and the rain hits him like :blessed:.

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ive only been in the military (Navy) for two years but I’m kind of already over this shyt.

The long chow lines :francis:

Disrespectful bosses that hate you if you don’t stroke their egos :francis:

Disgusting ass prison food and poop in the shower (nikka there was literal shyt in the shower. No one cleaned it and 3 weeks later it turned grey and became powdery like dog doo doo):francis:

The constant pissing contest and mean mugging ass nikkas :francis:

shyt IS WACK
You on a ship? Hold this L :mjlol:

darkmanp

Pro
Daps
Reppin
VA
Got to say I regret not joining. Coming from a poor family, the benefits would have helped out a lot. But my family was strongly against it, as I was the 1st to get accepted into college. Now after a master's degree and a lot of student loan debt, u regret it later in life. I'm a disciplined person and always in great shape, but I've missed my window (age).

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Got to say I regret not joining. Coming from a poor family, the benefits would have helped out a lot. But my family was strongly against it, as I was the 1st to get accepted into college. Now after a master's degree and a lot of student loan debt, u regret it later in life. I'm a disciplined person and always in great shape, but I've missed my window (age).

How old are you?