Miles Bridges trying his hardest to fukk up his bag…arrested for felony domestic violence

Daps
I doubt it. He bout to get the Meyers Leonard treatment.

he's a much more talented player though... he may have to sit out a year and do counseling and donate money and offer a heartfelt apology and all that stuff to remake his image but he will most likely play again. he's still young and an all star level player. it's an arms race for talent. someone will scoop him up.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
he's a much more talented player though... he may have to sit out a year and do counseling and donate money and offer a heartfelt apology and all that stuff to remake his image but he will most likely play again. he's still young and an all star level player. it's an arms race for talent. someone will scoop him up.
I don’t think anything happens unless she drops charges or the trial is over. He’s essentially in limbo right now

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
The SI article touched on the fact that the team had to wait a bit, but it is absolutely uncharted territory for a team to punish a player that's not on contract in essence. Its not a suspension, its not a punitive league action either - but it is in direct response to a felony arrest and all that it implies.

NBAPA has their hands full due to the precedent. But at the same time its pretty much just a formality.

This works if you treat everything like 2k :mjlol: by signing him, you're losing more money than you're getting out of it.

The league would have to be the one to suspend him since he's not under contract, which exactly what the NFL did with AB and him not being under contract. Assuming no one doesn't try and sign him or he takes that QO, they don't necessarily have to do anything since he's not under contract and can eventually levy the suspension once it plays out.

He's talented enough that he'll eventually be back, but a team would be a fool to sign him anytime soon.

Daps
I don’t think anything happens unless she drops charges or the trial is over. He’s essentially in limbo right now

yes for now... but he might just step to her and apologize and be like if you drop these charges I can get a big bag and take care of you for the rest of your life. I'll go to counseling and this won't ever happen again. she might agree :manny:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
The league would have to be the one to suspend him since he's not under contract, which exactly what the NFL did with AB and him not being under contract. Assuming no one doesn't try and sign him or he takes that QO, they don't necessarily have to do anything since he's not under contract and can eventually levy the suspension once it plays out.

He's talented enough that he'll eventually be back, but a team would be a fool to sign him anytime soon.
I think yal got more faith in him bouncing back with no league/college support structure and the NBA not deciding to make him a symbol of how much they're serious about their social stances than I do.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yes for now... but he might just step to her and apologize and be like if you drop these charges I can get a big bag and take care of you for the rest of your life. I'll go to counseling and this won't ever happen again. she might agree :manny:
With the way she put it out on social media she did it to sabotage him, there’s no safe way coming back from this beyond time

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I think yal got more faith in him bouncing back with no league/college support structure and the NBA not deciding to make him a symbol of how much they're serious about their social stances than I do.

All it takes is one team and owner that's to take the gamble as we've seen time and time again. What works against him is the fact that the league isn't used to these type of situations and don't want to make a precedent. MJ definitely doesn't, which is why there's no way that he'll ever be back there.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
All it takes is one team and owner that's to take the gamble as we've seen time and time again. What works against him is the fact that the league isn't used to these type of situations and don't want to make a precedent. MJ definitely doesn't, which is why there's no way that he'll ever be back there.
The only reason the "it only takes one" thing works in the NFL is because they have teams that don't care or legit pride themselves in taking on problem cases.

In the NBA its really the other way around. Teams would rather draft a guy with issues than sign a guy with the same issues.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
The only reason the "it only takes one" thing works in the NFL is because they have teams that don't care or legit pride themselves in taking on problem cases.

In the NBA its really the other way around. Teams would rather draft a guy with issues than sign a guy with the same issues.

He's the most notable and high profile player, so he'll definitely be a litmus test to see if that's still the case. The last time a situation like this happened involved a Celtics player a few years ago but I think he was not under contract as well, which make it easier to toss him to the bushes.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
Might need to put Gelo on the end of the bench for a couple years, we did it for Giannis scrub brother and we didn't even get a look. So what's the harm :patrice:

Gelo shoulda been on the bench this past season. If they thought adding Gelo was “too much” then I wonder now How they feel about this shyt with Miles.

How the fukk you bomb out of the play in, fire your coach, hire a coach who doesn’t want the job and now a dude asking for a max deal is at home slapping chick up

Daps
Jeff Taylor got 24 games back in 2014 and his situation wasn't publicized like this. Miles is getting sat down for much longer.

Big Facts.

Also, people keep overlooking two key details about this incident that makes it different from previous Domestic Violence cases in the past:

1. The NBA changed their domestic violence policy during the last CBA.

2. HE DOESN'T HAVE A NBA CONTRACT CURRENTLY

Based on the 2017 CBA Domestic Violence policy, the Hornets cannot punish Bridges themselves until he is found guilty.

HOWEVER, the NBA can (and most definitely will) open an investigation, during which Adam Silver has the power to place a player on administrative leave. The policy states that before doing so, Silver is required to consider “player character” and “player reputation within the NBA community”. :sadcam:

Given the facts that he was already rapidly destroying his reputation before this case even happened, and Silver's reputation when it comes to social issues, I'd expect him out for at least a year.

Also, him not having a contract right now complicates things, because any team that signs him will not only get destroyed by the press, but will also not have him available to play until the '23-'24 season AT THE EARLIEST. (I really feel that the bad press is the bigger concern for teams here)

To say that he's only gonna get 20-50 games is ridiculous. You're not gonna see him play at any point next season.

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
Gelo shoulda been on the bench this past season. If they thought adding Gelo was “too much” then I wonder now How they feel about this shyt with Miles.

How the fukk you bomb out of the play in, fire your coach, hire a coach who doesn’t want the job and now a dude asking for a max deal is at home slapping chick up

I'm talking about putting Gelo on the Lakers bench