Mike - Official Trailer (Mike Tyson Biopic Series on Hulu)

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
This is pretty good thru the one and a half episodes I've watched

I didn't expect to get around to watching this, given Mike's strong opposition to it, but here I am, enjoying the fukk out of it.

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
some cats wanna act brand new and pretend they’re not watching it on “principle” bcuz mike complained…I’m curious if some of the same ppl were all in on ‘winning time’
Mike complaining is because he didn’t get a check not because of the quality control or narrative. I don’t know why anybody would care. Most stars would make sci-fi if they had control of their biopic

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
How you see Mike nowadays on podcast and social media you forget he was on top of the world living a crazy ass life. One of the richest people in the world, undefeated, when boxing was huge.

I was a little kid so this show really put into perspective how much of a celebrity he was during his time. Amazing he’s still alive and thriving after it all.

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
did miike sell the rights to his name or something like ali did? i dont know how these docu movies work with the entertainer getting paid. thats fukked up though.

Daps
In the first episode when Mike sadly says "What did I do? I'll do better, I promise" when the white dude sets him up with Cus d'Amato because he thinks the white dude is just saying this shyt so that he could abandon him, that shyt hurt me in my soul.

Some people ask how anyone can have sympathy for Mike Tyson, and that's why. This actor captured Mike's self-loathing and inner sadness that you can see in him when he talks.

Mike is incredibly complex in a way that fascinates me. I'll tell you, this show reiterates that he is truly a product of this country. Imagine a country where he and his mother are allowed to live with dignity and that doesn't basically condemn them to impoverishment and mistreatment because they're black and society doesn't care about them.

I'm glad his brother and sister apparently survived it. IMO, this show is about Mike, but it's also about black folks and the survival mode we live our lives in every day in the U.S. I mean, we all come from different situations, but we all experience it to some degree in some way. Mike's the extreme of that.

At least that's what this show gets at to me.

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
Episodes 3-4 were entertaining but still feels like they are moving fast. Not really bringing anything new to the table we didn’t know about. Kind of easy to see how Mike confused having things (Cars, House, cash) with being rich. Entertaining though, gonna be interesting to how they handle the last 6 episodes

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I actually think the homie playing Mike Tyson is really good. My only thing this show needs to be an hour or at least 45 mins let the story breathe some. That might just me being greedy this is a very good show. I understand Tyson feeling like his name was taken advantage up but its extremely well done.