Mikal Bridges says the Suns underestimated the Bucks in the Finals

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
People need to stop bytching about injuries and realise they're a part of the game.

The suns had no right to take anyone lightly in the finals. That's the dumbest thing I've heard from a team trying to win a chip only rivalled by Bucks getting doc to coach them.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Big cap.
All of them played their first nba playoff ever except CP and we know about his playoff career :mjlol:
And you’re playing the team that had the best record in the league in the previous two seasons.

If he’s not capping, he and his team might be the dumbest team in recent memory

SadimirPutin

Superstar
Daps
I'm happy for Giannis but it's crazy and a bit disappointing how we could've (finally) got to see Kawh/PG vs Lebron/AD, with the winner taking on KD/Harden/Kyrie, but all 3 teams became glass canons.

If we look at the Bucks outside of the championship year...their playoffs have been very pedestrian

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
If we look at the Bucks outside of the championship year...their playoffs have been very pedestrian

That one title may also mask the reality that Giannis is just too injury prone/unreliable to count on in a playoff run. 2022 he was great in defeat vs the Celtics (Khris hurt and Jru trash) but all the other years, including their title run he was either injured (2020, 2021, 2023), or went in as the favorites (2019) to get unceremoniously packed up by the opposing team.

If you factor Khris being hurt in 2022, then you can extend the fragility to the entire team. They always hurt, always something. And when they aren't hurt, they've looked shakey.

cartierhoe

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
South Florida

That one title may also mask the reality that Giannis is just too injury prone/unreliable to count on in a playoff run. 2022 he was great in defeat vs the Celtics (Khris hurt and Jru trash) but all the other years, including their title run he was either injured (2020, 2021, 2023), or went in as the favorites (2019) to get unceremoniously packed up by the opposing team.

If you factor Khris being hurt in 2022, then you can extend the fragility to the entire team. They always hurt, always something. And when they aren't hurt, they've looked shakey.
I tried to not accept it myself but if your superstar can be schemed against on defense, and predictably might I add, you’re always gonna have trouble in the playoffs. You’re not gonna get easy transition or downhill buckets all the time, the game slows down and every bucket matters. That’s just gonna be the Bucks reality, they’re not gonna be overwhelming in size against every team in the playoffs. Teams just aren’t gonna respect Giannis from the perimeter or from the midrange when it matters.

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
Reminds me of when Al Jefferson admitted before game 4 against the spurs (2012) that the spurs were too good of a team, and couldn't see anyone beating them

Lol

SadimirPutin

Superstar
Daps

I tried to not accept it myself but if your superstar can be schemed against on defense, and predictably might I add, you’re always gonna have trouble in the playoffs. You’re not gonna get easy transition or downhill buckets all the time, the game slows down and every bucket matters. That’s just gonna be the Bucks reality, they’re not gonna be overwhelming in size against every team in the playoffs. Teams just aren’t gonna respect Giannis from the perimeter or from the midrange when it matters.

Khris Middleton had to turn into an absolute robot for the Bucks to win four playoff series

Mʀ2ᴋDᴇᴇᴢ

Licensed New Age Healer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
As the saying goes, it’s not over til it’s over especially when you have a seven game series. Teams can make changes and adjust from previous games in that timeframe

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Coulda kept this to himself til his playing days were on the bacc end lol

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
100% and then neither Khris nor Jru could be the reliable relief valve that Kobe was to Shaq.

Great as Shaq was, he was getting packed up by Greg Ostertag/Adam Keefe front lines in the playoffs before Kobe became Kobe. That's what Dame was supposed to be but it's not looking good.