Midnight Mass-Limited Series From the Creator of Haunting of Hill House/Bly Manor (Netflix)

Knowledge

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The dialogue was tremendous. Philosophy was one of my undergrad majors so that kinda vigorous oratory was right in my wheelhouse. :wow:
Thats what im saying. I didnt go to proper school, but im always interested in how the human mind works and why people do what they do. So yeah this really had me interested

Last edited:
Daps
I hated everything about this. Got to the last episode and just stopped watching. Those long boring monologues from the Preacher felt so forced.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
finishing this series

its really cool at some parts and eh on others. will give more on this series when ifinish the last episode.

Last edited:

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
There's no valid reason that thing can't regenerate those torn flaps, I mean it made it's living off healing human maladies. But you can't heal yourself? :francis:
yeah given vampire lore, that thing should have recovered rather easily

infact it being weak to the sun shouldnt be a issue, it should be strong enough to sustain being in the sun.

but its easy for plot conveince for this solution.

plus i guess the story's focus isnt on the monster but rather the people

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
I actually really liked this, was a slow start but had a lot of heavy themes that will resonate with people who were devout believers and then lost their way only to seek answers back with God. It’s strange that underneath all of it there is an underlining message of forgiveness and redemption. Although at times the show did come across as preachy when you have characters detailing their life just to answer one question. And the change in protagonist kind of threw me for one.

I am guessing in the end the flying Vampire was killed which is why that girl lost the ability to walk seeing as the progenitor died.

Riley, Erin, Ed, and Joe whereas the sanctimonious pricks who always looked down on them fell to the wayside in seemingly their first test of adversity. Beverly turned out to be the worst of them all despite being the person who judged the most. Notice the contrast of every single person on the Island in the end accepting their fate and of Beverly to the very end trying to escape the inevitable. Even to the point of trying to bury herself underground and yet she is meant to be the most “religious and pious” one. Even father Paul the instigator of it all in the end said he was wrong.

This show really was amazing, if you can get past episode 1,2 as it starts of really slow the rest is just fantastic.
Riley redemption came in the form of finally being content with who he was and where he came from and through that finding peace. Notice in his death the victim of his drunk driving came to accept him in death. Him and Erin greatest hang ups where coming from the Island and seemingly not being anyone hence the great escape to the mainland. Riley initially sought answers from God in many forms but came out without any answers to his question. That was established early on even in the midst of what appeared to be a miracle he was still placing a scientific and logical explanation for said miracle. So he was never going to find redemption in God but in himself.

Ed finally opened up to Riley which was a weight on his chest and poured out his insecurities and self blame of believing he was at fault for Riley failures. Essentially admitting to there being errors in his parenting skills, from there any hang ups he had about Riley seemed to have been washed away. And we understand that despite being a hard ass on his son he just simply wanted better.

Erin was lost, she was a victim of child abuse and spousal abuse and was a druggy. Her wake up call was when she discovered she was pregnant and took note not to repeat the mistakes of the past. She changed her life around and found God (remember she was the atheist and Riley was the devout believer) in the hopes of striving to be better for her child.

Bob sought redemption after he was forgiven by Leeza and was on his way to doing better and being better.

Pruitt admitted he was wrong realizing the error of his way. Yes he did try and feed Sarah the blood but that was more in line with the actions of a desperate parent trying to save their child. Notice when she spits it out he never pushes for it again and just accepts what’s to come. I do wish they clarified his stance on the “angel” in the end and what he thought of it.

Agree with all this, this show has a big redemption underline tone to it

Came into this thread expecting some coli militants, Pan africanist and atheist to misinterpret the themes of this show to take a jab at Christianity (as shown and done by some of the post in this thread:unimpressed:) as if this show supports their views( it doesnt)

but i agree:ehh:

Daps
I'm genuinely surprised at all the love the dialogue is getting. It was downright horrific; I legitimately screwed up my face throughout the entire series. It was as if Flanagan just lifted theological musings from a generic lifetime film and amplified it, as if its depth wasn't as shallow as a puddle of water.