Midnight Mass-Limited Series From the Creator of Haunting of Hill House/Bly Manor (Netflix)

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
If I can recall correctly angels that fall, leave, or become kicked out of heaven become demons[/spoilers]

That's basically what Satan is, a fallen angel

-Just finished this. Enjoyed it all the way until the finale which became a clusterf*ck

I didn't get the whole angel/demon dude. He's out of control and wild blood sucking monster one minute then he's fully clothed, cool asf, and stopping by the rec center and then he attends mass mass? Which one is it? Then I didn't see the upside in becoming one of those things as yeah I guess you can live forever but you can't go outside until the sun goes down:unimpressed:And you burned your town down:what: Also didn't think it would turn into The Walking Dead in the finale and the strongest character Riley shouldn't have gotten killed off imo. This show was absolutely great up until the final.[/spoilers]

He's not out of control at all. First off he's under enough control to travel all the way from the ME to the US in a box. Second during the whole series he knows not to make himself seen by the general population. He could've preyed on the entire island the minute he got out of the box but didn't. We see him walking around already dressed as Pruitt in previous episodes, so it's not far-fetched at all. Bev made the plan to burn the town on the fly, they just burned Erin's house to force them out but then her crazy ass taught they were reliving some biblical episode where everything is burned down. And they don't think they're becomng vampires, but being given eternal life by God himself. Remember the miracles that happened earlier. Vast majority of them don't know what they're turning into before it's too late (which is why they have to be all converted at the same time), and once they're in the church for the last mass they don't really have a choice, even those who don't want to drink the poison.

I'm still waiting on someone to explain how he saw what he saw & came to the conclusion of Angel :mjlol:

The whole series is about religious fanatics convincing themselves they're "chosen" by God and interpreting Scriptures in a way that benefit them. Pruitt but especially Bev who ALWAYS has some quote from the Bible to justify everything. Pruitt convinced himself that he was "saved" when wandering in the desert like some Saint, so obvioulsy if he's "saved" it can't be by a vampire or a demon, since he's a man of God, so it must an angel. And they have all those quotes "explaining" that angels look frightening and whatnot. Basically once you're delusional enough to convince yourself that you're personally chosen by God himself, you'll twist everything into "evidence" of that. I mean the whole thing about drinking Christ's blood is basically what vampirism is, so once a weird ass human-like being with wings appears to you in the middle of a Middle-Eastern desert and makes you drink his blood it's not that much of a stretch to convince yourself that something divine is going on

Absolutely loved this show. Always love a slow-burn that goes deep into setting the atmosphere, all the questions about life, death, etc...couple things I did not see coming at all, and the build-up to the last 2 episodes was great. Sucks that this didn't get more attention but tbh it isn't for everyone.

Last edited:

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The whole series is about religious fanatics convincing themselves they're "chosen" by God and interpreting Scriptures in a way that benefit them. Pruitt but especially Bev who ALWAYS has some quote from the Bible to justify everything. Pruitt convinced himself that he was "saved" when wandering in the desert like some Saint, so obvioulsy if he's "saved" it can't be by a vampire or a demon, since he's a man of God, so it must an angel. And they have all those quotes "explaining" that angels look frightening and whatnot. Basically once you're delusional enough to convince yourself that you're personally chosen by God himself, you'll twist everything into "evidence" of that. I mean the whole thing about drinking Christ's blood is basically what vampirism is, so once a weird ass human-like being with wings appears to you in the middle of a Middle-Eastern desert and makes you drink his blood it's not that much of a stretch to convince yourself that something divine is going on

Excellent synopsis, I tried telling this to a co-worker and he was still on some...

:dwillhuh: I still don’t get how they were tricked though”

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This was very entertaining and I wished I had watched last month when it came out. I liked it better than Hill House because it had an even darker tone and better setting.

There are so many parallels to what works in this show and what makes a book like Salem's Lot deserving of a TV reboot. I kept thinking about that book while this show was playing out.